Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Religion Is Your Enemy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Your Enemy (343 Views)

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is Your Enemy by pressplay411(m): 6:57am On Jun 07, 2018
The first time I heard the statement "Religion is your enemy" I was confused. It made a bit of sense to me but it was also contradictory given Religion is supposed to be the Solution.

Religion by definition is the belief and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods. There are other definitions but this os pretty apt, let us work with this.

In the beginning, when creation was formed by God, the first man Adam knew God. He didn't assume or invent a religion. He knew His maker. He, Eve and His offsprings worshiped and had personal relationship with God. But alas, the relationship was severed by sin and over centuries man lost his fellowship with God.

Millenia later, Man's recognition of his lack of control over the forces that determine his daily life and ultimately his destiny inspired his submission to a god or gods.
He looked at nature around him and started to worship entities that marveled him. Hence, the first religion was formed paganism/pantheism. Other religions emanated some by inspiration, others by philosophical observations and introspections.

Various religions sprouted up with the claim and promise of solution to man's myriad problems of sickness, bad luck, witchcraft, failure, lack of protection, etc. Any religion that could provide these to some measure dominated the town or nation.
The problems of the people being so great provided Religious leaders power and riches.

Man's problems however persisted because people depended on the religious leadees. He had the solution, he had the access to this his god or gods. His death would either be an end to that religion or usher in a successor whom the people had to depend on.
People became dependent on religiois leaders instead of God.

God never created a religion, man did.
God created man, and man created religion.
But religion has separated man from God.
Religion has become the enemy, the gulf, the dichotomy, separating man from God.

The crux of this article is not to list religions and start prodding their flaws and errors. No.
The only intent is to expose the charade of religion and reveal that it only creates a mirage of God, while keeping separated from God.

God yearns for your fellowship. God misses your relationship with Him so much. He went to great lengths to risk it all just so you can have access to Him once again, like Adam did, like Jesus did.

The problem is religious leaders have become demi gods. They have become so powerful and so rich off religion and people's miseries that they do not want to lose their grip on the people.
In most cases, they are hoodwinked to think they are actually protecting the people, protecting God.
A lot of unprintable evil has been perpetrated in the name of protecting and fighting for God.
But God never asked anyome to fight for Him. He is God, the Almighty, the Sovereign of Eternity.
Apparently they have been fighting to prorect their own interests.

If the purpose of religion is to solve people's problems, then why should a religion threaten to kill/imprison any one who seeks solution elsewhere? Why should a religion become a bondage? Think about it.

If the purpose of religion is to solve people's problems, why should it not work? Why is it inefficient and lacking efficacy? You should have solution, no excuses.

Religion is not the answer, it is become the problem.
Jesus did not have any problems with Political leaders, He did not even have a problem wifh witches and wizards. His only enemies were Religious leaders. Think about it.

I pray we receive Solution to our problems as we truly seek God. I pray our search leads us to His knowledge and Presence that we may be granted access from a place of separation, into a place of personal encounter and relationship.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father, but by me."

What a bold statement. Please do not find this offensive if it is against your belief. Instead let it spark your curiousity. Be humble to ask yoirself What if this is true?
Bear in mind, I was an atheist who argued publicly and also wrote against the monopolising of faith by Christians. But here I am today, admitting and submitting to the same statement I opposed and detested.

Grace and Peace be unto us all in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Is Your Enemy by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:29am On Jun 07, 2018
Nice!
Edified!
Re: Religion Is Your Enemy by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2018
You're blessed brother

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Your Enemy by pressplay411(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Nice!

Edified!

Thanks sir. We are edified by the Spirit of God.
Re: Religion Is Your Enemy by pressplay411(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Junia:
You're blessed brother
Amen. You too sir.
Re: Religion Is Your Enemy by pressplay411(m): 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cc Mynd44, Lalasticlala FP please. Thx.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Storms Zimbabwe For A Two Day Prophetic Invasion / Sultan Declare Tomorrow Friday 15 To Mark Eid-el-fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.