Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON (22737 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Good judgement.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by lekkan(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
The way everyone is bagging all these Nigerian title sex, abeg I deserve CGFR too
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by brexit: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
Our politicians will soon scuttle this democracy and they will suffer the consequences
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by OjujuCalabar(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please They should look for some titles for Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu and Alex Ekwueme.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by anigold(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
TylerDurden:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/271497-senate-wants-mko-abiola-recognised-as-former-president-official-announcement-of-june-12-election-result.html

Crooked Kingibe just secured a generous pension for life

There are very few highly despicable and hated Nigerian politicians than Baba-Gana Kingibe and that is saying a lot for a Nigerian politician. Now this highly degenerate individual who has crawled back into the corridors of power like a sleuthing snake that he is, is being awarded an accolade that he is no way deserving of. But this after all is a Buhari govt where the owerllian rule applies that is where saints are condemned and criminals like Abacha are celebrated so it did not surprise me that a con man like Kingibe will find a place within the very heart of Buhari's govt.

This is the same Kingibe that never for once fought for the joint mandate of June 12 but rather quickly absorbed himself into the Abacha regime - the same regime that truncated that mandate.

Kingibe will disappear from Nigeria immediately after Abacha's death only to lobby his way into the Yaradua administration as SGF only to be abruptly rightfully sacked by Yaradua himself.

How does this new elevation of Kingibe to GCON benefit him? For one, he can go around parading himself as a former VP and also find his way to attend all future NEC meetings. But by far the best thing to accrue to Kingibe is that he gets to live out the rest of his degenerate hedonistic life at the expense of tax payers as he will now be entitled to annual pensions and perks that a retired VP enjoys.

The desperation by APC lead administration to convince Nigerians is ridiculous and embarrassing..if your Government is working you don't need this silly propaganda.. A good product sell itself....

Security 0, socio-economic empowerment 0, Tribal integration 0 , Tribalism 99%..
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by phreakabit(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
What ongoing foolery is this?.... grin grin grin
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Paperwhite(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
“That title is reserved for ONLY a person sworn-in as president. Abiola was never sworn-in, so how did he get the title of GCFR posthumously?
“The presidency has shot itself on the foot because he would be forced to pay all the entitlements of a former president to Abiola’s family posthumously."

https://www.nairaland.com/4548465/mko-abiola-nigerian-lawyers-react#68269149
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by AreaFada2: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hoodwinking of SW in full gear. Very politically savvy these Northerners I must admit.

An Abo.ki with a small radio selling chewing stick or lafinda has more political acumen than a Southerner with PhD in political science.

A WAEC-less Buhari is showing OBJ, GEJ, Tinubu and others how it's done. Years from now Zombies will count this meaningless ego massage gesture as one of Bubu's great achievements. grin cheesy
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
angry

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by phreakabit(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
OjujuCalabar:
Please They should look for some titles for Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu and Alex Ekwueme.

For? .....
Ekweme was actually a VP already.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by anigold(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
OjujuCalabar:
their turn will come.. Buhari is trying to win the west next they will come to the east by giving field Marshall to Ojukwu..
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by phreakabit(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
anigold:
their turn will come.. Buhari is trying to win the west next they will come to the east by giving field Marshall to Ojukwu..

LMAO!
Like we need it?

3 Likes

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Greenbirth: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Upon what the Yoruba people has gone through the hands of Yoruba people still they still support them
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
AZeD1:

I can't believe I just agreed with this post.

He made sense for the first time in ages

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by adecz: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
"Recognised",
as how?
By who?? lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by TeamSimple(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
femo122:
By Dele Momodu

ONE NIGERIA!

Kano and Katsina states have the highest numbers of newly recruited police officers, a list of successful applicants released by the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has shown.

About 37, 000 candidates from across Nigeria had written the examination for the 2018 police constable recruitment, and only 5, 233 were shortlisted.
Kano has 308 candidates, followed by Katsina with 238.

Oyo is in a third place with 225, and at 42, the federal capital territory (FCT) has the least number of candidates.

North-west - 1, 300

South-west - 921

North-central - 823

South-south - 779

North-East - 759

South-east - 651

Courtesy The Cable

MY TAKE

One Nigeria!

The curious thing is that they said they set EXAMS that produced these shortlisted recruits....so we’re now to believe that the North West beat all other regions in the JAMB-administered exams? Really laughable!

One Nigeria!

So as it stands under Buhari, Kano and Katsina have the highest number of people in DSS, Immigration and now Police recruitments. And you know what this means? They’re set up to produce the largest number of highest ranking officers in years to come so they’re assured of control for generations.

One Nigeria!

No country can exist with this sort of shameless enthronement of ethnic-driven mediocrity and clear attempt at dominance. Such lopsidedness runs against nature itself and will not stand for long, not because we want or do not want it to be so but because nature simply abhors lopsidedness and will make efforts to right itself.

I hope when the natural consequences of acts like this come, we will be able to bear it. I hope.".
Alaye go and sleep with your senseless noise making . Who doesn't know the north is almost two third of the entire country . Abeg swerve mischief maker . At least there is a requirement and it went peacefully , what happened to NIS recruitment under GEJ? Prophets of doom

3 Likes

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by TeamSimple(m): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Some confused sets of people won't sleep for a week over this news . They have suddenly become a political preacher to the south westerners because they feel they might continue their teeth gnashing for four more years.

I thought you guys are all about breaking away , so why are you so interested in Nigeria's democracy day and who gets what . Scallywags, like they have any other option than to vote for same northerner once he is from PDP. Shameless Pigs
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
POINT OF NOTE:

1. That Kingibe did not fight for the mandate still doesn't invalidate the fact that he was the presumed joint winner of the mandate and presumed Vice President-elect.

2. Since MKO is awarded GCFR (and rightly so) it is only necessary to award Kingibe GCON.

3. That Kingibe is GCON doesn't mean he was a former Vice President. He was Never VP of Nigeria, as one can only claim to occupy the office after taking oath of office.

4. Kingibe is not the only non-ex VP GCON, David Mark and Aliko Dangote are also GCON, yet not one of them have been VP or former VP.

5. GCON award is not equivalent to Vice Presidency, and holders of GCON are not entitled to any monetary benefit and pensions.

6. A former VP is not entitled to membership of National Executive Committee or Council of State.

Meanwhile, I think we should move beyond this subject...
tnx dude 4d intellectual response. U saved me d trouble. I don't no when GCON became equivalent to Vice president

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Born2Breed(f): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
femo122:
By Dele Momodu

ONE NIGERIA!

Kano and Katsina states have the highest numbers of newly recruited police officers, a list of successful applicants released by the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has shown.

About 37, 000 candidates from across Nigeria had written the examination for the 2018 police constable recruitment, and only 5, 233 were shortlisted.

Oyo is in a third place with 225, and at 42, the federal capital territory (FCT) has the least number of candidates.

North-west - 1, 300

South-west - 921

North-central - 823

South-south - 779

North-East - 759

South-east - 651

Courtesy The Cable

MY TAKE

One Nigeria!

The curious thing is that they said they set EXAMS that produced these shortlisted recruits....so we’re now to believe that the North West beat all other regions in the JAMB-administered exams? Really laughable!

One Nigeria!

So as it stands under Buhari, Kano and Katsina have the highest number of people in DSS, Immigration and now Police recruitments. And you know what this means? They’re set up to produce the largest number of highest ranking officers in years to come so they’re assured of control for generations.

One Nigeria!

No country can exist with this sort of shameless enthronement of ethnic-driven mediocrity and clear attempt at dominance. Such lopsidedness runs against nature itself and will not stand for long, not because we want or do not want it to be so but because nature simply abhors lopsidedness and will make efforts to right itself.

I hope when the natural consequences of acts like this come, we will be able to bear it. I hope.".

When buhari loses 2019,most of them will be disqualified.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
OjujuCalabar:
Alex Ekweme is GCON, he earned it after he took oath of office as Vice President though he was formally awarded in 1998/2003.

I am not sure if Ojukwu was given any National award but I know that Chinua Achebe was first given OFR and was nominated for CFR which he turned down.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Iceberg3: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
The two yoruba awardees,MKO and Gani were persecuted and jailed by northern govts.
One came out of prison and died later while the other never made it out alive. He died in detention and his entire business were virtually destroyed. Nobody hears of Concord newspaper or other business owned by Abiola anymore not even his sons.
But today,simply cos the same north needs sw votes in the coming election,they have conferred the high awards on the dead yorubas they persecuted and tortured and whole legacies,Abiola's, they destroyed.
Now kingibe will live to enjoy his Gcon while Mko and Gani remain in the grave,turning at the the grand deception being played out again by the same people that truncated June 12.

Lzaa immhotep pointzerom shalomc onyeoga zombietamer gidgiddy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by wingmanII: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why and how is Kingibe deserving of this honour?
He was against the June 12 agitation, if June 12 is democracy day, he contributed nothing to it.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by wingmanII: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Alex Ekweme is GCON, he earned it after he took oath of office as Vice President though he was formally awarded in 1998/2003.

I am not sure if Ojukwu was given any National award but I know that Chinua Achebe was first given OFR and was nominated for CFR which he turned down.
Ojukwu does not need any Nigerian award. His place in the hearts of genuine Igbos and lovers of freedom is very secure and more than adequate.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Iceberg3: 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
femo122:
By Dele Momodu

ONE NIGERIA!

North-west - 1, 300

South-west - 921

North-central - 823

South-south - 779

North-East - 759

South-east - 651

Courtesy The Cable

MY TAKE

One Nigeria!

One Nigeria!

One Nigeria!

its just like it's official still,that Kano is more populated than Lagos!
That of course was after a state was carved outta kano!
What a country.

Coneheads will see this will continue in the search for rats and cockroaches on all ipob related threads
its such a pity .

Lzaa immhotep pointzerom shalomc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by CoolAmbience(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
TylerDurden:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/271497-senate-wants-mko-abiola-recognised-as-former-president-official-announcement-of-june-12-election-result.html

Crooked Kingibe just secured a generous pension for life

There are very few highly despicable and hated Nigerian politicians than Baba-Gana Kingibe and that is saying a lot for a Nigerian politician. Now this highly degenerate individual who has crawled back into the corridors of power like a sleuthing snake that he is, is being awarded an accolade that he is no way deserving of. But this after all is a Buhari govt where the owerllian rule applies that is where saints are condemned and criminals like Abacha are celebrated so it did not surprise me that a con man like Kingibe will find a place within the very heart of Buhari's govt.

This is the same Kingibe that never for once fought for the joint mandate of June 12 but rather quickly absorbed himself into the Abacha regime - the same regime that truncated that mandate.

Kingibe will disappear from Nigeria immediately after Abacha's death only to lobby his way into the Yaradua administration as SGF only to be abruptly rightfully sacked by Yaradua himself.

How does this new elevation of Kingibe to GCON benefit him? For one, he can go around parading himself as a former VP and also find his way to attend all future NEC meetings. But by far the best thing to accrue to Kingibe is that he gets to live out the rest of his degenerate hedonistic life at the expense of tax payers as he will now be entitled to annual pensions and perks that a retired VP enjoys.

Lengthy piece of un-information.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by diegwu02: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
femo122:
By Dele Momodu

ONE NIGERIA!

North-west - 1, 300

South-west - 921

North-central - 823

South-south - 779

North-East - 759

South-east - 651

Courtesy The Cable

MY TAKE

One Nigeria!

One Nigeria!

One Nigeria!

Your earleir narrative was, "who even wants this Useless Nigeria Police Olokpa job" now una dey cry say Kano and Katsina people gained more.. Do you guys ever get tired of Complaining?
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Babagana Kingibe son was my classmate and friend in secondary school, I am happy for them.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by Mbediogu(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=68257956]POINT OF NOTE

Kingibe s GCON is as a result of reflections on the annulled elections which he was running mate. It is tied to an election in which he was to be VP therefore his award is not honorary like that of Dangote. Barring another annulment, he should be entitled to some rewards and perks, so I stand with the man you quoted.
From moral point of view, he gave up his rights by refusing to fight against the annulment especially when the whole country was fighting against it. He further erred by romancing with those who annulled the elections. Morally he is under serving of any honours, and ought to be stripped of any honors he had before his treasonable transgressions.
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by adesamix(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
ikorodaureporta:
This is the right time to unveil another STATUE....i hope the CONCERNED AUTHORITY are listening cheesy

well,
LIKE for June 12
SHARE for May 29
thank God he has not gave MKO Abiola appointment as minister to replace Fayemi
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
POINT OF NOTE:

1. That Kingibe did not fight for the mandate still doesn't invalidate the fact that he was the presumed joint winner of the mandate and presumed Vice President-elect.

2. Since MKO is awarded GCFR (and rightly so) it is only necessary to award Kingibe GCON.

3. That Kingibe is GCON doesn't mean he was a former Vice President. He was Never VP of Nigeria, as one can only claim to occupy the office after taking oath of office.

4. Kingibe is not the only non-ex VP GCON, David Mark and Aliko Dangote are also GCON, yet not one of them have been VP or former VP.

5. GCON award is not equivalent to Vice Presidency, and holders of GCON are not entitled to any monetary benefit and pensions.

6. A former VP is not entitled to membership of National Executive Committee or Council of State.

Meanwhile, I think we should move beyond this subject...

...a very good and detailed analysis...
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by mybestlove(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Yorubas are happy about this?

What a people! What is the dead Abiola standing to gain in this? You denied him the presidency that he merited while alive and only to acknowledge it when he is in the grave, decayed and yorubas are applauding.

Buhari is repositioning for 2019 and that's all. This is an attempt to win the yorubas with a move of ridicule.

Buhari should hand over power to Abiola's son if he is serious
Re: Abiola: Babagana Kingibe Recognized As Former Vice President, Bags GCON by tishbite41(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
wingmanII:

Ojukwu does not need any Nigerian award. His place in the hearts of genuine Igbos and lovers of freedom is very secure and more than adequate.
real talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ahmed Reacts To Vandalization Of Campaign Billboards In Kwara / Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory / Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.