Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools (22691 Views)

Gov Adeleke Spends N2billion On Meals, Welfare Packages, N6billion To Run Office / Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / 2022 Budget: FIRS To Spend ₦2.8 Bilion On Uniforms, ₦550 Million On Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by plaindealer: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2023
Abia State Budget Report Confirms Governor Otti Spent N927million On Meals, Welfare Packages In Three Months, N25million On Public Schools

Alex Otti of Abia State spent a whopping N927million within three months on refreshment/meals, settlement of honorarium, allowances, welfare packages for the eggheads, a copy of the state budget performance report seen by SaharaReporters has revealed.

The report titled “Abia State Third Quarter (July - September) 2023 Budget Performance”was posted on the state government's website. (https://abiastate.gov.ng/abia-state-3rd-quarter-2023-budget-performance-report-2/)

“This Q3 and Year to date performance is assessed against the revised 2023 Budget that covers the Original Budget plus a n Amendment Virement sum of N22,263,269,900 as summarised below,” it read.

“This Budget Performance Report is produced by the Abia State Planning Commission, Budget Department/Office of the Accountant General, Accounts Production Department and published on the Abia State website.”

In the report, the Otti-led government spent N223,389,889.84 on refreshment/meals, while N305,400,000.00 was spent on honorarium and sitting allowance for government officials within July and September, 2023.

The government also claimed it spent N397,520,734.00 on welfare packages.

Further, according to the document, N737,922,661.25 was spent to buy motor vehicles. The quantity and those the vehicles were bought for were never stated.

Meanwhile, N362,804,050.00 was spent by the Abia government to purchase trucks and another N400,890,000.00 was used for the purchase of buses.

Also in the document, the government claimed N252.4m was used to run the Deputy Governor's office for 3 months.

The report however showed that only N25 million was spent by the government on repair of public schools in the state.

This is as many of the public primary and secondary schools in Abia State are described as “eyesore.”

According to multiple reports online, most public secondary and primary school buildings and facilities across the 17 local government areas of Abia State were ageing and decaying over government’s failure.

A sizeable number of school buildings in the state were said to be virtually dilapidated with leaking roofs, broken furniture, doors and windows; some completely abandoned, with tons of garbage, human excreta and overgrown shrubs.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/20/exclusive-abia-state-budget-report-confirms-governor-otti-spent-n927million-meals

6 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Xwizard: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
I’ve gotten to a stage where am not bothered anymore. one day the country might get broke so hard. Let’s plan ahead

One of the controlling tools politicians use to control is hunger, don’t say much it’s a deliberate attempts to keep us on toes and shut the Bleep off. Now I found a way to use that same tools against them. Cos I wonder why border is still closed to us while they monopolize the importations themselves, using forex to scams themselves not us. Lol tho that’s a win win for us tho.
I have my plans ready, very soon I will show you all, am getting my facts figures and capital ready for now.
ONE SINGLE WAY to win these people is to become a farmer. Lol it’s funny right ? You will all learn the hard way, if you can’t decode why I said we all complaining now, needs to become a farmer of any thing you can plant.

60 millions Nigerians complaining now, should all shut their TVs off for now, get at least a half plot of land, plant cassava, or yam, then pepper and corn on the same parcel, then come back and continue your criticism or grievances to whatever party. Do these monthly if possible, it won’t even take 3days to do it alone without assistance.

Government can’t beat us if we are feeding well without stress, let me give you another bonus, we can also export and make money in dollars, you don’t understand, whatever you plant on that half of land, in just 3days, can buy you a car, if you paid in dollars, with politicians been stupid with the economy, e go just be our gain.

I just decode why they will never hear our pleas, let me give you an hint, you see anytime they swearing them in, there is another room they take these politicians in, where they cut off their both ears, they will never hear our plea.
As I was saying, find a way to feed yourself and your family, politicians can stop what you plant from germinating, the economy is not needed. Just a land, what to plant and man power. This is not an information to be kept to my self, Agricultural produces alone can make us the biggest economy in the world, with our land mass, while they (the politicians) keep siphoning the little stipends they see from oil. You need government to extract crude, you don’t need them to plant.
Me myself I’ve not started, but I will come back and show you all result. Oooh! Let’s I forget, I can crash the prices of garri and rice, in just 24months both back to 10k per bag. Looool am not joking, in 3mins, i will explain it to you, and you will agree. Israel only plants on rocks, they don’t have lands to plant, but they have one of the biggest tomatoes and fruits. But here we dey use land do sambisa for here.

Anyway shall know you can’t fight these politicians, circle is so wide and filthy to join. You can’t beat them not even a revolution when half the country is hungry. Who wan shout.

We can even monopolize the farm produces to ourselves if we want, so for them to keep controlling us, means they need to crack down agriculture investment by investing in it themselves.
What politicians can’t do to keep the poor on toes, I never see. Let make this people regrets thier actions, let everyone start planting, you don’t even need to leave your current work, you don’t need fuel, or electricity to plant. start by getting your immediate families what to feed on, then from there move to your localities.

76 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by DamnnNiggarr: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
shocked to

I like this type of slanderous and propaganda reports.

at least opposition's opinions are welcomed in a democratic settings, in order to keep the present government on its toes and also, you guys can no longer mock Abians of dirty environment. we know your type, paid APC mercenary.

plaindealer:
Now, do you see why they say this crooked and corrupt man is looting Abia dry?

What kind of refreshments are they eating every second of the day that superseded public schools many times over?

Are they eating imported refreshments or just regular Ugba or Samosa and metapie?

And the people rejoice and celebrate this looter for dashing them JB concrete sign.

This is just too sad.
What I just discovered about you is that, you don't hate Otti as a person, you just hate his party affiliation, that is the LP, reason why you beamed your satellite towards his government, trying your best to slander his image and government.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by plaindealer: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
Now, do you see why they say this crooked and corrupt man is looting Abia dry?

What kind of refreshments are they eating every second of the day that superseded public schools many times over?

Are they eating imported refreshments or just regular Ugba or Samosa and metapie?

And the people rejoice and celebrate this looter for dashing them JB concrete sign.

This is just too sad.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by HAROLDWILSON: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
We are watching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by seunayantokun(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
Which kain gofuno be dis?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Fr33born(m): 9:19am On Nov 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Modsfereo: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2023
Just imagine. And the common man is begging for just 2 square meals a day

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by ATEAMS: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2023
Indeed ..he may have just signed sh*t
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Dereohubby: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
Are you ready to take your career, education, or immigration dreams to new heights? Look no further! Our exceptional suite of services includes Professional CV Revamping, Cover Letter Writing, Statement of Purpose (Academic and Visa SOP), and Motivational Letter Writing. Whether you're aiming for your dream job, a top-notch educational institution, or a successful visa application, our expert team is here to empower your journey. We specialize in crafting compelling, personalized documents that make you stand out. Don't miss out on opportunities - choose KAS today and embark on a path to success! Contact us and let's write your success story together!

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by sukkot: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
cheesy That short man get huge appetite ooooo cheesy cheesy

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Dogalmighty17: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
Isn't this shameful? Labor, PDP and APC are all the same. And to think Abians were celebrating the short imp.

I keep saying it. Nothing good comes from short people.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
Alex Otti the working governor indeed

God Alex

God bless Abians

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by ibnquasale(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
Ah!
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by eteebanky1: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
They won't talk now

But if it is Lagos or any south western state, you'll see them wailing all over the tread cursing/insulting their fore fathers

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by spagettiluv: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2023
Otti,the best thing after bread and butter

16 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by PonzlHater(f): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2023
Then how is he getting money to work.
Ii smell lies and propaganda.

18 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Asjehr: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2023
seunayantokun:
Which kain gofuno be dis?
lol
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2023
T.A Orji, Uzor Kalu and co wasted eight years each with no concrete achievements in Abia, yet SouthWest media never saw any need to scrutinise their governments like this.

While I will always love to see political leaders being put on their toes to do the right thing, it is very suspicious to see Sahara Reporters putting a sustained blowtorch to Otti's bumbum just three months after assuming office while the Agbado crooner keeps running our national economy aground.

Let the pressure and scrutiny go round, from top to bottom.

Igbos have no everlasting loyalty to anybody.
They can praise you in the morning and crucify you in the evening if you misbehave.
If Otti becomes reckless, let him remember that Abians will give him he'll and brimstone like they're currently resisting the bleached head fatso in Imo.

Let the pressure and scrutiny go round.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Fortune118005(m): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2023
Hmmm I'm speechless right now.
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by FreeStuffsNG: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2023
Instead of dragging him on the social media, please report him to EFCC if you have facts that he has misappropriated funds and if it's proven that he is wasteful, report him to the electorates so that they can monitor him and demand for good governance.

Election is over. Please let us engage the leaders in a constructive manner.

He is probably implementing the manifesto of Labour Party, ifun loro. Check my signature for free stuffs!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Jonjam269: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2023
Deluded obidots will disapprove this news since it's all about their "messiah" and not talking about their tormentor Asiwaju.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by benjsniper33: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2023
grin grin
Re: Governor Otti Spent ₦‎927 Million On Meals, ₦‎25 Million On Public Schools by Konjiboii: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2023
Lies , anyone can make a report out of their ass. We don't need all this made up stories,you can witness the work and change in Abia. All this controversies are played out.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose To Buhari: Remove New INEC Boss, Amina Zakari Now / Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats / Onnoghen Vs FG: Dr. Joe Abah Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.