Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

My Opinion: Why Gani Fawehinmi's Family Should Have Rejected The Award... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion: Why Gani Fawehinmi's Family Should Have Rejected The Award... (339 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) / Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion: Why Gani Fawehinmi's Family Should Have Rejected The Award... by royallord1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
While we continually applaud the government of president buhari for his well thought-out recognition of June 12 and awarding the prinicpals of this great date as well as awarding a staunch democrat Gani fawehinmi a posthumous award of GCON... Whether or not the move has a largely political purpose of swindling south west voters, It is indeed the wish of the majority of the people and as such deserves commendations....

Non the less... I truely believe the motives of this honour on mr. Gani fawehinmi is in accordance with same of 2008, where he gave reasons as to what he felt about the award... Based on this I believe his family, will do greater honour to our great democrat by following his footsteps...
First, let's recall the letter of rejection of award written in 2008 by chief gani fawehenmi ....

http://breaking.com.ng/nigerianews2017/throwback-thursday-gani-fawehinmis-speech-on-rejection-of-national-award-in-2008/
Re: My Opinion: Why Gani Fawehinmi's Family Should Have Rejected The Award... by royallord1(m): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Reading through, you would see that CHIEF GANI FAWEHINMI, SAN outlined what he stood for, his struggles in 8 points which includes
1. alleviation of poverty
2. enforcement of good governance via democracy,
3. respect for fundermental humans rights
4 the right to free and qualitative education,
5. the subjection of everyone and everything to the rule of law
6. the provision of free and quality health care
7. the strengthening of our economy through sound policy and sound infrastructure to fast track the policy and lastly
8. the over all dedication of Nigeria government and people to the fight of corruption...

He enumerated the pains he went through in the pursuit of this noble agenda

He went further to state that when the government fails to provide this 8 listed above it lacked the honour to give such awards... And it was on this note he turned down the award given to him by the yar adua's government..

Having considered chief gani fawehinmi points I feel it would be most honour bound for his family to continue in his legacy, cos truth be told this government like the rest before it have failed in the 8 points chief gani struggled for, and rejected an award for.... In fact it can be said things seems worst now than in the time of chief gani fawehinmi... Why you might ask
1. Poverty has tripled.
2. Rule of law is not respected by the government. With complete disregard to court orders, freedom of speech we haven't had it this bad
3. our health sector is still in shambles in fact our president spent over 6months abroad on health reasons.
4. Our education sector is still terrible
5. Fundermental human rights have not been trampled before as we have now.
6. Our economy is still in comatose, in fact we lost the position of African biggest economy under this administration, our infrastructures are worst off.
7. There is a clear fight to silence the opposition or anyone that oppose the government in power ... Never have we had it this bad..
8. Corruption has not abated a bit, the clear act of impunity, the disregard for rule of law by this government is the highest form of corruption... We have become a more corrupt country under this administration according to international ratings...

In conclusion, what ever the motives of this government is in the awarding of chief Gani fawehinmi, SAN as a GRAND COMMANDER OF THE NIGER, it will be a spit on the grave of this noble and upright man for this award to be accepted by his family... Since his reason of refusal of the award when he was alive and now are not only the same but worst
Re: My Opinion: Why Gani Fawehinmi's Family Should Have Rejected The Award... by royallord1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
For many who would say that chief gani fawehinmi, endorsed President buhari for the 2003 presidential election and as such its right for him to receive the award.... That many would also agree that president buhari has fallen short from the expectations many had of his administration, with clear signs of regrets and pain across the face of many buhari supporters... It would also not be shocking to have seen chief gani fawehinmi protesting against this government as he has done to governments in the past whether or not buhari is president...
That was whom he was, and what he stood for.... JUSTICE,
PEACE, UNITY AND PROGRESS

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Confirms Abiola Won June 12 Election, Says Tinubu / Buhari Plotting To Arrest Me On False Charges –obasanjo / Fowl Play Presidency Accented Law Hindering The Vice President Who...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.