Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (14060 Views)

Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals / Falana: ‘Buhari Knows Those Causing Unrest In Nigeria' / Falana: Buhari Obeyed Court Orders In Military, Failed To Do So In Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Giftedhands123: 7:29am On Jun 08, 2018
Wow all Buhari had to do to get the South West back was to dash Abiola something.

Yoruba's can easily be bought over.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Firefire(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR deserves the award. My dad used to motivate me with MKO story, how a child of no body became a billionaire

Mr. Falana doesn’t stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. He’s a mere attack dog, I have never seen him openly oppose Buhari administration, is he not aware of the killings in the middle belt or the abduction of Leah, the oppression and nepotism.

I’ve lost all respect for this man, I remember missing my flight back in 2012 when this man and his cohorts decided to protest against the increase in fuel price, today PMB has increased the price and this man is yet to say anything about it

Baba face your family, advise your son to stop singing trashy songs before Muric take up his matter

MKO is a fraudster! ITT

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by educators(f): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2018
It is a waste on dead body
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by babzo(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR deserves the award. My dad used to motivate me with MKO story, how a child of no body became a billionaire

Mr. Falana doesn’t stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. He’s a mere attack dog, I have never seen him openly oppose Buhari administration, is he not aware of the killings in the middle belt or the abduction of Leah, the oppression and nepotism.

I’ve lost all respect for this man, I remember missing my flight back in 2012 when this man and his cohorts decided to protest against the increase in fuel price, today PMB has increased the price and this man is yet to say anything about it

Baba face your family, advise your son to stop singing trashy songs before Muric take up his matter

What is this one talking?
What have you done for your fellow man?
Where were you when we were protesting military rule chased by soldiers and policemen? Multitudes locked up and killed?
Do you know how long Falana has been fighting injustice?
When Buhari/Idiagbon jailed Fela, who do you think fought for Fela?
When Nigerian students were been harrassed and killed by IBB and Abacha, which lawyers defended them?

Oga, go and sit down for one corner abeg. You dont know ANYTHING

7 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by babzo(m): 7:38am On Jun 08, 2018
Firefire:

MKO is a fraudster! ITT

And who are you?
A nonentity

4 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by spiritedtete: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Many here doesn't even know where Nigeria is coming from... no need to argue... I only blame people that went to half school... Belgore... and Dino who came out with 3rd class and still hasn't improve in his "comphresion"

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by babzo(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Giftedhands123:
Wow all Buhari had to do to get the South West back was to dash Abiola something.

Yoruba's can easily be bought over.

My friend sharap there! When were you born?

You think its only Yorubas that have been fighting for the recognition of June 12.

3 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Firefire(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2018
babzo:

And who are you?
A nonentity

After your linage.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by gratiaeo(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2018
What every sane mind should know is that Nigeria constitution is inconclusive it can be manipulated whether for good or for bad

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by vertueptime: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2018
Worksunlimited:
And MURIC wants to sue the son of this man... undecided

It's like they want to answer questions...

But the day he mistakenly enters some northern states openly without heavy security his own don finish
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by babzo(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Firefire:

After your linage.

Mr man...who are you
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Firefire(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2018
babzo:

Mr man...who are you

Mo ran e si le’. question for them at home.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by AntiWailer: 7:48am On Jun 08, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Falana has clearly become a senseless man spewing rubbish everyday...when will Buhari honour the 5000 killed by Fulani herdsmen

Pained.

The constitution is clear.

The provision of the law is clear.

Since you people pretend not to know that The President has power to do what he did.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria just interpreted the constitution. In an environment where there is honor , u say thank u sir and keep quiet.

You must not have something to criticize all the time, it exposes your ignorance.

Stop mixing sentiment and ignorance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by biggieoflife: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2018
How I wish people that can address issues objectively like this can find their way into government. Its a pity it won't happen.

We will keep getting people like belgore and melaye who jump on any bandwagon that validates their position.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by bionixs: 7:58am On Jun 08, 2018
adioolayi:

Late Chief M.K.O Abiola (GCFR)....That sounds painful, I know...Unfortunately, you have to deal with it forever grin grin
painful that he is given a suit he never wore and will never wear for political reasons. Very good but why now? They are at it again, Yorubas are always educated for mouth not for reasoning and action. You will be cursed forever IF you ever make the same mistake that brought this government to power. Haven't you guys suffered enough? Or are most of you challenged In using your COMMON senses? You have started to be distracted by what never helps you in any way , just for ego and MERE pride. Why is it that you are always available to be used as tools when it is time,are you Judas? what do you guys stand for, because you always fall for everything?Time to share ororo, satchets of indomie,N500,N1000 is here. Like Esau in the bible,eat a meal suffer for 4 years

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by hush15: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2018
kahal29:
Femi Falana, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), says President Muhammadu Buhari is not prohibited by law to confer national honours on deserving Nigerians, dead or alive.

Falana said this on Thursday in reaction to a statement by Alfa Belgore, a former chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), describing as illegal, the conferment of Nigeria’s highest national honour on MKO Abiola, presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 election.

The retired judge said the national honours can not be awarded posthumously, “much less the GCFR”, which is the highest honour in the land.

Falana, however, said the ex-CJN did not refer to any section of the National Honours Act or any other law that has been violated by the president.

“With profound respect to the Honourable Justice Alfa Belgore, the National Honours Act has not prohibited or restricted the powers of the president to confer national honours on deserving Nigerian citizens, dead or alive.

“No doubt, paragraph 2 of the Honours Warrant made pursuant to the National Honours Act provides that ‘a person shall be appointed to a particular rank of an order when he receives from the president in person, at an investiture held for the purpose…’ But paragraph 3 thereof has given the president the unqualified discretion ‘to dispense with the requirement of paragraph 2 in such manner as may be specified in the direction.’

“Therefore, since the national awards conferred on Chief Abiola and Chief Fawehinmi cannot be received by them in person the president may permit their family members to receive same on their behalf.”

Falana also addressed the legality of the June 12 holiday declared by the president, which has been argued to be illegal on the grounds that the approval of the national assembly was not sought and obtained.

He said, “Furthermore, section 2 (1) of the Public Holidays Act stipulates that in addition to the holidays mentioned in the schedule to the act, the president may appoint a special day to be kept as a public holiday either throughout Nigeria or in any part thereof. It is crystal clear that the president is not required by law to seek and obtain the approval of the national assembly before declaring a public holiday in the country.”

He concluded that in view of the combined effect of the National Honours Act and the Public Holidays Act, the legal validity of the well deserved awards and the historic holiday has not been impugned in any manner whatsoever.

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-buhari-can-confer-honour-nigerian-dead-alive

Falana and his own interpretation of Laws. That act still didnt expressly reflect that an award could be giving posthumously. Am sure that clause in section 3 of Paragraph 2 didn't imply for the dead and after so many years but then again, there is nothing wrong if abiola gets it. however, things should be done appropriately. i know as a person if Gani was alive, he would turn down awards.

The man always set wrong precedence always with the manner he does his things and stupid people will be blinded by such act, neglecting the biased and wicked intentions behind such manner or act.

congratulations abiolas and fawehinmis, you guys just became a campaign achievement.

enjoy

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by godofuck231: 8:01am On Jun 08, 2018
No wonder he appoints dead people

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Ijaya123: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

Arrant nonsense.

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2018
[Those most outspoken and one of the best lawyers has spoken. The Dogs should continue with the usual Barking nothing concern me...
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2018
babzo:

What is this one talking?
What have you done for your fellow man?
Where were you when we were protesting military rule chased by soldiers and policemen? Multitudes locked up and killed?
Do you know how long Falana has been fighting injustice?
When Buhari/Idiagbon jailed Fela, who do you think fought for Fela?
When Nigerian students were been harrassed and killed by IBB and Abacha, which lawyers defended them?

Oga, go and sit down for one corner abeg. You dont know ANYTHING

Mr. Know it all, when was the last time Mr. Falana spoke against the injustice that we are experiencing today? Asking what have done for my fellow man, I don’t need to come here and start bragging. I still stand by my word, Mr. Falana is more of a attack dog this days.

Answer to all your questions Chief Gani Oyesola Fawehinmi
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Nwaohafia1: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2018
kahal29:

Ex CJN for that matter does not know the law

I tire
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:10am On Jun 08, 2018
Dino and other pigs should allow us rest now
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by adioolayi(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2018
bionixs:
painful that he is given a suit he never wore and will never wear for political reasons. Very good but why now? They are at it again, Yorubas are always educated for mouth not for reasoning and action. You will be cursed forever IF you ever make the same mistake that brought this government to power. Haven't you guys suffered enough? Or are most of you challenged In using your COMMON senses? You have started to be distracted by what never helps you in any way , just for ego and MERE pride. Why is it that you are always available to be used as tools when it is time,are you Judas? what do you guys stand for, because you always fall for everything?Time to share ororo, satchets of indomie,N500,N1000 is here. Like Esau in the bible,eat a meal suffer for 4 years

Name any of your ancestors either dead or alive that has govern the country better than PMB. Ndiara

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by OMEGA009(m): 8:12am On Jun 08, 2018
Femi Falana. The butterfly that thinks it’s a bird.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by sirzent(m): 8:14am On Jun 08, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Late Chief M.K.O Abiola GCFR won by large margin in a free and fair election deserved to be GCFR alive and dead not his grave.
[s]Your type always feel like somebody is fighting you. A man was robbed to death and his death is been used to score political points. I am here to fight with you, neither am i here to laugh with you. A winner begged, cried and died for his price
[/s]
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by omosuper(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2018
kahal29:

Ex CJN for that matter does not know the law
Alfa Belgore's Saraki's boy.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by 9gerian: 8:23am On Jun 08, 2018
Gentlemen and ladies, the post humous award under whatever guise is by itself commendable.

However, let's not lose sight of what has kept the nation under. True Federalism or regionalism is what is paramount, else monkey works and baboon does the chopping. The current system will only continue to benefit a few politicians and their hangers on. Government sponsored overnight billionaires, with epic proportions of wasted resources.

Any government that seeks to probe and recover loots will be met with tribal blackmails at all levels, which will eventually weaken its resolve.

I remember APC campaigning with restructuring on their agenda, but dumped it the moment they won the election. How myopic and self serving. Why is not far fetched though; they love the current winner-takes-all system of big, subjective but ineffective government (who wouldn't). They forget (like OBJ, JEG, IBB etc) that one day they would also vacate that seat of power and eventually be at the mercy of another incumbent govt.

Particularly worse is the fact that this government has divided the country so much that giving it another term seems very scary shocked to some of us. Also bad is the level of nepotism, selective justice / fight against corruption. Of course the worst of all are the incessant killings that have been handled with kid gloves because the C in C's people are involved.

The right time to restructure is now! True federalism (with requisite autonomy), and a smaller central government will help the constituent parts of Nigeria develop at their own pace (without dragging others back), and place less emphasis on who runs the central government. The British weren't stupid!!!

This is the only lasting legacy any C in C can give to Nigerians in order to demobilize all the various uprisings in the polity.

kahal29:
Femi Falana, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), says President Muhammadu Buhari is not prohibited by law to confer national honours on deserving Nigerians, dead or alive.

Falana said this on Thursday in reaction to a statement by Alfa Belgore, a former chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), describing as illegal, the conferment of Nigeria’s highest national honour on MKO Abiola, presumed winner of the June 12, 1993 election.

The retired judge said the national honours can not be awarded posthumously, “much less the GCFR”, which is the highest honour in the land.

Falana, however, said the ex-CJN did not refer to any section of the National Honours Act or any other law that has been violated by the president.

“With profound respect to the Honourable Justice Alfa Belgore, the National Honours Act has not prohibited or restricted the powers of the president to confer national honours on deserving Nigerian citizens, dead or alive.

“No doubt, paragraph 2 of the Honours Warrant made pursuant to the National Honours Act provides that ‘a person shall be appointed to a particular rank of an order when he receives from the president in person, at an investiture held for the purpose…’ But paragraph 3 thereof has given the president the unqualified discretion ‘to dispense with the requirement of paragraph 2 in such manner as may be specified in the direction.’

“Therefore, since the national awards conferred on Chief Abiola and Chief Fawehinmi cannot be received by them in person the president may permit their family members to receive same on their behalf.”

Falana also addressed the legality of the June 12 holiday declared by the president, which has been argued to be illegal on the grounds that the approval of the national assembly was not sought and obtained.

He said, “Furthermore, section 2 (1) of the Public Holidays Act stipulates that in addition to the holidays mentioned in the schedule to the act, the president may appoint a special day to be kept as a public holiday either throughout Nigeria or in any part thereof. It is crystal clear that the president is not required by law to seek and obtain the approval of the national assembly before declaring a public holiday in the country.”

He concluded that in view of the combined effect of the National Honours Act and the Public Holidays Act, the legal validity of the well deserved awards and the historic holiday has not been impugned in any manner whatsoever.

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-buhari-can-confer-honour-nigerian-dead-alive
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

Mr. Buhariguy, so everyone that doesn’t align with Buhari politically is Igbo? You think honoring MKO is all that matters? You think that will bring food to my table? All I am advocating for is good governance not this gimmick show/ political motivated honors... I don’t know why you’re defending this administration with everything in you, what is it that you and your family have benefited from this administration?

Mind you, my response is in regards to MR. Falana’s comment. Like you, he doesn’t seem to bother about good governance anymore, all he does this days is wait for the opportunity to attack Buhari perceived enemies
Everbody knows you to be an imposter here pretending to be Yoruba Muslim to defame Islam.
If you want the best for Nigerian why can't you come out clean?
Why re you ashamed to clamour for change in ur true color

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by abokikhalifa: 8:27am On Jun 08, 2018
4Kemzy:
No, because Bubu is only the grand commander of the physical federal republic and not the spiritual. If he wants to give national awards to dead people let him go there and share it, we'll clap for him here.

Clap for your self
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Aroyehunkayode: 8:30am On Jun 08, 2018
yes,the president has right to do so,wailers are just looking for attention what is written is written......kudos PMB

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by SuperS1Panther: 8:38am On Jun 08, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Hausa's have mastered how to play "some" yoruba's like ping pong. embarassed embarassed

This is a classic maneuver of ego stroking to achieve temporary goals and objectives

Osus are just pained that June 12 was recognised whereas their May 30 is dead with the over 3million people Ojukwu led to the Golgotha like sheep.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by AroleOduduwa(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Everbody knows you to be an imposter here pretending to be Yoruba Muslim to defame Islam.
If you want the best for Nigerian why can't you come out clean?
Why re you ashamed to clamour for change in ur true color
Which of my post suggest that am a Muslim, my dad is a Muslim and am married to a Muslim but am not a Muslim and have never implied that am one.

I have never defamed any religion since I joined nairaland

I’m a proud CCC member

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

181 Kidnap Victims Freed In Katsina After Govt Negotiates With Bandits, Miyetti / Ebonyi PDP Seeks Buhari’s Intervention On Umahi's "Fatwa Declaration" / Ciroma: Why PDP Will Retake Power In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.