Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive (14057 Views)

Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals / Falana: ‘Buhari Knows Those Causing Unrest In Nigeria' / Falana: Buhari Obeyed Court Orders In Military, Failed To Do So In Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by chronique(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2018
baby124:
Belgore is showing what the dangers of nepotism and federal character can cause. A whole Ex-CJN did not do his research on the law before spewing rubbish. He obviously did not earn that CJN post through hard work or use of his brain. Nonsense. Even a child knows that post humous awards are given everywhere in the world. A Nigerian dead or alive is a Nigerian.

It would interest you to know that Belgore was appointed as a Justice to the bench of the Supreme Court in Nigeria(the highest Court) in the land,in 1986. Falana was called to bar in 1982. Belgore was already at the zenith of his career when falana started as a rookie lawyer. Before you start spewing rubbish about him not earning that CJN post through hard work, you should try and at least find out more. Falana only became a SAN in 2012 and apart from his ride to fame as some sort of activist which doesn't come close to what Gani Fawenhimi was, not much can be said about his legal career. His profile as a lawyer is nothing to be compared to that of people like Wole Olanipekun and the Mike Ozekhome. Belgore might not have quoted sections to back his assertion but guess what, I'd rather go with Belgore than falana. I think the problem with Nigeria's constitution is that it leaves a lot of ambiguity in the interpretation of so many issues and this is one of the reasons why people have asked that a new constitution be drafted so as to avoid all these unnecessary back and forth. The current constitution which we use, was given to us by the military. This is one of the reasons why we always have issues interpreting certain aspects of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Anybody that don't like it can go and jump into lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by ymaruf01: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2018
tank u fallana pls teach dem let them know Wat day did not know

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by chronique(m): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2018
spiritedtete:
Many here doesn't even know where Nigeria is coming from... no need to argue... I only blame people that went to half school... Belgore... and Dino who came out with 3rd class and still hasn't improve in his "comphresion"

Belgore, half school? Like are you really serious? Belgore studied and qualified as a lawyer in the UK in 1963 and practiced at the inner temple inn before returning to Nigeria. Not all northerners are quota system products.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Falana has clearly become a senseless man spewing rubbish everyday...when will Buhari honour the 5000 killed by Fulani herdsmen

simply ask your godfather ,saraki or dino melaye to use there power @NASS to confer honor to tha 5000 killed, because fulaniherdsmen is involved that should score them accolades from nigerians as well
those killed by boko haram donnt deserved to be honoured or what ?? by there reasoning you will know them

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Omololu007(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2018
seunmsg:

. [/b]Good things will continue to happen to the people that you are hating and you can only continue to watch in sadness which may lead to health issues for you.[b]
grin

salamRushdie it's better you listen to this man's advice grin

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by johnriley: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2018
buhariguy:
The jobless lazy idiotic pigs of biafra party are Confuse.

They have not recovered from the upper cut.
And they will never recover from it.

Look at them, using death to campaign as if more than 20000 people did not die through the negligent of your ineffectual buffoon and more than 2m homeless.

he promised change nd dat was wat we expected, not a replica of ' an ineffectual buffoon '
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by buhariguy(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2018
johnriley:

he promised change nd dat was wat we expected, not a replica of ' an ineffectual buffoon '
tell me any sector buhari has not make a mark or improve.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by bionixs: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2018
adioolayi:

Name any of your ancestors either dead or alive that has govern the country better than PMB. Ndiara
As an inherent and Incurable madman you are,go and say it in the public place and they will cast out your evil spirit. That you are an Okorocha stooge ,who get stipends from the mis-governance of the government of the day,would not make you display your colossal stupidity in the social media. Read my lips,Ojukwu in his grave knows that Ipob are not focused in their quest ,like wise Abiola to all that are distracted with this political posthumous award. Nigerian that voted for Abiola to give them good life is about to be plunged into another round of suffering, using him as distraction and a bait
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by buhariguy(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2018
chronique:

It would interest you to know that Belgore was appointed as a Justice to the bench of the Supreme Court in Nigeria(the highest Court) in the land,in 1986. Falana was called to bar in 1982. Belgore was already at the zenith of his career when falana started as a rookie lawyer. Before you start spewing rubbish about him not earning that CJN post through hard work, you should try and at least find out more. Falana only became a SAN in 2012 and apart from his ride to fame as some sort of activist which doesn't come close to what Gani Fawenhimi was, not much can be said about his legal career. His profile as a lawyer is nothing to be compared to that of people like Wole Olanipekun and the Mike Ozekhome. Belgore might not have quoted sections to back his assertion but guess what, I'd rather go with Belgore than falana. I think the problem with Nigeria's constitution is that it leaves a lot of ambiguity in the interpretation of so many issues and this is one of the reasons why people have asked that a new constitution be drafted so as to avoid all these unnecessary back and forth. The current constitution which we use, was given to us by the military. This is one of the reasons why we always have issues interpreting certain aspects of the constitution.
you mean that era they use to give judgment on cash and carry.
And that is how wole and Mike make their mark.
They always win all case base corrupt judicial system.
And that is what buhari aim to correct.
And it must be done before 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by iamjavadem(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Because you have been doing selective reading.
AroleOduduwa:
Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR deserves the award. My dad used to motivate me with MKO story, how a child of no body became a billionaire

Mr. Falana doesn’t stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. He’s a mere attack dog, I have never seen him openly oppose Buhari administration, is he not aware of the killings in the middle belt or the abduction of Leah, the oppression and nepotism.

I’ve lost all respect for this man, I remember missing my flight back in 2012 when this man and his cohorts decided to protest against the increase in fuel price, today PMB has increased the price and this man is yet to say anything about it

Baba face your family/ failed governorship ambition, advise your son to stop singing trashy songs before Muric take up his matter
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by spiritedtete: 9:42am On Jun 08, 2018
chronique:

Belgore, half school? Like are you really serious? Belgore studied and qualified as a lawyer in the UK in 1963 and practiced at the inner temple inn before returning to Nigeria. Not all northerners are quota system products.

I am not disputing his academic papers... sometimes we go to school come out with good cert... and your brain might still lack indept knowledge(Which is the case of many 9ja graduates) ...."Lacking ability to interpret" (making use of Knowlegde as it will require wisdom) .... perhaps let me say old age is getting to him.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by chronique(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2018
buhariguy:
you mean that era they use to give judgment on cash and carry.
And that is how wole and Mike make their mark.
They always win all case base corrupt judicial system.
And that is what buhari aim to correct.
And it must be done before 2023

I have heard all three of them speak at different times and I can tell you that the duo of Mike and Wole are ahead of Femi by miles. In case you do not know, Mike practiced under the late Gani Fawenhimi and rose to become deputy head of chambers under Gani before he founded his own chambers in 1986. Wole was called to bar in 1976 and became a SAN in 1991. He was appointed as Attorney General and commissional of justice in the then Ondo state same year and is a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association. Falana on the other hand, founded his own chambers in 1991. Those two are senior lawyers to falana and are miles ahead of him. As far as I am concerned, falana is the present festus keyamo;plenty talk with almost no results. How many high profile cases has he handled and won? Sound lawyers are tested in the court room and not just on the streets,tv and pages of newspaper,forming protest and activism.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Abfasho: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2018
AntiWailer:

Pained.

The constitution is clear.

The provision of the law is clear.

Since you people pretend not to know that The President has power to do what he did.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria just interpreted the constitution. In an environment where there is honor , u say thank u sir and keep quiet.

You must not have something to criticize all the time, it exposes your ignorance.

Stop mixing sentiment and ignorance.

Lols
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by star(f): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2018
this is Nigeria where everyone is a politician
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Hausa's have mastered how to play "some" yoruba's like ping pong. embarassed embarassed

This is a classic maneuver of ego stroking to achieve temporary goals and objectives
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by baby124: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2018
chronique:

You obviously are very very ignorant of Nigerian SANship awards. LMAO. All this story for what? Nigerian SANship awards are purely political. So when one gets it is absolutely inconsequential and has nothing to do with their abilities. Falana is an excellent lawyer and not a bench warmer like Belgore who got to where he was through padi-padi government and nepotism. It is clear from his unguarded and unresearchrd utterances that he was never fit to be CJN in the first place. A lawyer does not talk unguardedly and carelessly like that, no matter the motive. Even the late legal luminary Fawehinmi got his SANship quite late because he was controversial to every government. He even advocated the scrapping of the SAN title. The more corrupt you are in Nigeria, the faster you get your SAN. Stop talking nonsense abeg. Belgore is just an overpaid and undeserving CJN.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by chronique(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2018
baby124:

You obviously are very very ignorant of Nigerian SANship awards. LMAO. All this story for what? Nigerian SANship awards are purely political. So when one gets it is absolutely inconsequential and has nothing to do with their abilities. Falana is an excellent lawyer and not a bench warmer like Belgore who got to where he was through padi-padi government and nepotism. It is clear from his unguarded and unresearchrd utterances that he was never fit to be CJN in the first place. A lawyer does not talk unguardedly and carelessly like that, no matter the motive. Even the late legal luminary Fawehinmi got his SANship quite late because he was controversial to every government. He even advocated the scrapping of the SAN title. The more corrupt you are in Nigeria, the faster you get your SAN. Stop talking nonsense abeg. Belgore is just an overpaid and undeserving CJN.

Now I know you are a clown. Falana a more excellent lawyer than Belgore who studied and practiced in the UK for a year before returning to Nigeria, who was already a Justice at the Supreme Court when falana was just a rookie? I give up. So Wole who got his SAN title in 1991 too got it out of corruption? This is hilarious.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by baby124: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2018
chronique:

Now I know you are a clown. Falana a more excellent lawyer than Belgore who studied and practiced in the UK for a year before returning to Nigeria, who was already a Justice at the Supreme Court when falana was just a rookie? I give up. So Wole who got his SAN title in 1991 too got it out of corruption? This is hilarious.
Wole Olanipekun is known to be a good lawyer who backs corrupt personalities and gets them good judgment. Why would he not get the SANship? That you equate SANship with abilities actually show that you don’t know what you are talking about at all.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by ALFAD(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2018
What are the functions,of state and local govment in this country.everything buhari nawa ooh 4 u
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by kenrajmill(m): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2018
Thanks to SAN Femi Falana for this wonderful clarification...
If you hate Yoruba and still persuading us to join forces with you, God will punish you, your family and your entire generation!

M.K.O Abiola (GCFR) Ex President (June 12 1993)

Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord!
Those people claiming the award been given to the Late Abiola is unlawful and not right have seen with their naked eye now... It is a shame for Dino Melaye and Belgore to be claiming stupidity and nonsense.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by LIFEisSIMPLE: 11:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Why do you always feel like Igbo's are fight you? MKO who in my opinion is a man of sound intellect was supposed to be GCFR both dead and alive, but it right was stolen from him. Now with the elections getting ever so close, his name is been taken advntage of to score cheap political point. Why didnt PMB do this in 2015 2016 or 2017. They were never going to give a breathing MKO GCFR. MKO deserve 100x more than this rubbish. What we see you cant see. Have a good day
SuperS1Panther:

Osus are just pained that June 12 was recognised whereas their May 30 is dead with the over 3million people Ojukwu led to the Golgotha like sheep.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by BigNija: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
Wowwww! Asiwaju Sir, you have just spoken my mind. Shame on Obasanjo, for his perceived personal hatred for M.K.O, he refused all overture thrown at him to recognize the importance of Abiola, June 12 and the Masses alike who fought for the democracy we are enjoying today. Jonathan tried to name UNILAG after Abiola but many Nigerians saw it as a ploy to garner SW vote, so I am not surprised we have many dissident voices against this noble act from our president Buhari. Thank you so much Sir. I was among many Nigerians who suffered the outcome of annulment of JUNE 12 elections.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
baby124:

Wole Olanipekun is known to be a good lawyer who backs corrupt personalities and gets them good judgment. Why would he not get the SANship? That you equate SANship with abilities actually show that you don’t know what you are talking about at all.
You opinion there... Its what could be looked into. Moreover, From #550k, you can acquire a full plot of secured Land in Ibeju-Lekki with rest of mind.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can visit our Ikeja office for contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by kitaatita: 3:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
kahal29:

Ex CJN for that matter does not know the law

He knows. He is the Chairman of National Honours Advisory Committee and he was not consulted. That is why he is not happy.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by LIFEisSIMPLE: 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Yoruba's have a soft spot for MKO, this enabled Buhari to pull off this near election stunt
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Enice(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR deserves the award. My dad used to motivate me with MKO story, how a child of no body became a billionaire

Mr. Falana doesn’t stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. He’s a mere attack dog, I have never seen him openly oppose Buhari administration, is he not aware of the killings in the middle belt or the abduction of Leah, the oppression and nepotism.

I’ve lost all respect for this man, I remember missing my flight back in 2012 when this man and his cohorts decided to protest against the increase in fuel price, today PMB has increased the price and this man is yet to say anything about it

Baba face your family/ failed governorship ambition, advise your son to stop singing trashy songs before Muric take up his matter
Your trash is disjointed. You missed your flight so what, who cares? Leah sharibu is being abducted, is she the only one? Over 20000 were killed and over 50000 abducted between 2010 to 2015 by boko haram, guys like you shouted that it was false and a gimmick designed to destabilise GEJ's government now you see the multiplier effects on christians and muslims and you blame Buhari.
Most people were not against the subsidy in 2012 but were against the high levels of corruption in the petroleum sector then.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by AroleOduduwa(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
Enice:
Your trash is disjointed. You missed your flight so what, who cares? Leah sharibu is being abducted, is she the only one? Over 20000 were killed and over 50000 abducted between 2010 to 2015 by boko haram, guys like you shouted that it was false and a gimmick designed to destabilise GEJ's government now you see the multiplier effects on christians and muslims and you blame Buhari.
Most people were not against the subsidy in 2012 but were against the high levels of corruption in the petroleum sector then.

I don’t have your time, I only reply sensible quote.
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by surgical: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Falana has clearly become a senseless man spewing rubbish everyday...when will Buhari honour the 5000 killed by Fulani herdsmen
The idiot is the unofficial Anthony general always interpreting what nobody ask him,just to help the buhari govt but surely this buhari regime will pass and let's see if he returns to the human right business again

1 Like

Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by Enice(m): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

I don’t have your time, I only reply sensible quote.
hypocrite
Re: Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive by AroleOduduwa(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
Enice:
hypocrite
You’re shallow, you clearly have your view which I can’t chabge. Why are you craving for a response?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onochie & Sani Adam's Fate Uncertain As Senate Receives INEC Committee’s Report / Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets / Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.