Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean (1883 Views)

Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! / I Need Blackberry Phone Urgently / This Blackberry Phone Is Giving Me Headache-help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by correctBlogger(m): 1:27am On Jun 08, 2018
Alright guys, so earlier today, Blackberry launched a new phone into the world, and this time they decided to call it the Blackberry Key2, which is a successor to last year's Blackberry keyOne.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-hlE7NoKpBNI/WxnMi6v9rPI/AAAAAAAAASY/x7tFcIvTfsAMdhhnUCGnbaTGkYdS0xlQwCLcBGAs/s1600/DSCF1195-1024x683.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-1PznQb4CxIs/WxnMjPWufFI/AAAAAAAAASg/iHaWdtfsNAgG_iPXs_VMrfTQt3Lt1nKcQCLcBGAs/s1600/blackberry-key2-06.jpg[/img]

But right now, there is an issue on ground and what is this issue? The problem is that, i don't know if i should refer to this phone as a high end flagship device, or i should just simply call it a mid range smart phone.. because you know why? wait lemme tell you why.. Now what blackberry did was just to launch a phone with Not So Good Specs, At A Not So Good Price.. I will explain what i mean by that in a minute, but first of all, lets go ahead and take a look at the specs of this device.

First is that we have a Snapdragon 660 processor, running on a 6GB of RAM and a 64GB of inbuilt storage which supposedly is expandable. Now that's not all, another thing is that we have a 4.5 Inch IPS LCD Screen that is running on an Android 8.1 Oreo version and a 3500mAh power battery.

Now this is where the thing really starts to get interesting.. With a Snapdragon 660 processor, and a 4.5 Inch Screen with a 3:2 aspect ratio and a 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of inbuilt storage, this blackberry phone is sold for a whooping price of $650 Dollars.. I mean who does that in 2018..? undecided undecided.. That money is approximately #234,000 in Naira..

Now let's get this straight, people like the likes of Xiaomi out there and the OnePlus 6 are offering way more better and premium flagship specs than this blackberry, and yet their prices have not crossed that $600 boundary.. So whatsup with Blackberry.. who gave them this advice?

But one thing you all have to know is that, initially this phone itself was intentionally not built to pack all those high end flagship specs like a Snapdragon 845 processor and the rest. Because according to blackberry, the phone is just a simple phone that is built for people with a simple lifestyle, people who just needs a phone that can get the job done without all those plenty plenty paparazzi, but even at that, considering the specs of this phone, i still think the price is way too much for those kind of specs in 2018... Like there are a lot of smart phones out there that are ready to offer what the likes of Apple iPhone X and the Samsung Galaxy S9 are offering at a price of $200 if given the chance..

But all the same, what do i know? i am just a small startup Nigerian tech blogger who doesn't know his left from his right.. in brother shaggi's voice... Taink You.. grin grin

Now before you go, please know that we've already taken our time to do A Quick Hands-On and First Review of This Blackberry Key2 Phone in question, with lots of pictures to go with it, and stating out the one very feature that makes this smart phone unique.. So if you are not too busy and you can spare up to 2mins of your, please follow the link below, to see the Blackberry Key2 Review on our site.. Once again, in brother shaggi's voice, Taink You.. grin grin

http://www.correctblogger.com/2018/06/blackberry-key2-specifications-and-features.html

Cc : Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by Diegostan(m): 1:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Failed company

the world has gone full screen now you still tryna force button phones on customers. We're heading towards holograms, chips and voice command phones.

You're still giving us rebranded bold 5.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by Xtopher123(m): 5:01am On Jun 08, 2018
This is where quite a lot of you guys who have never used the KEYone before get it wrong..

The KEYone launched just a $100 less last year..

Considering that it's a lot more expensive to produce a device with Keyboards not to talk of one with one with capacitive abilities..

The KEY2 is for a targeted consumer, and if you don't fall into that category there are a million and one Options for you out there..

It's not about the latest chip set anymore..

With a Snapdragon 660 you can comfortably do as much as you want while maxing out the Battery Life (2 days+) on that device.. taking from experience with the KEYone..

This can be achieved cos of the optimization that's gone into the software and also coupled with other security features and let's face it there's a lot more hardware on this device than on glass slab devices

It's got the legendary 3.5mm Jack
It's got a capacitive Keyboard
It's got a Fingerprint Sensor just under the Keyboard

6 Likes

Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by femi4: 6:03am On Jun 08, 2018
Dead on arrival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by correctBlogger(m): 6:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Xtopher123:
This is where quite a lot of you guys who have never used the KEYone before get it wrong..

The KEYone launched just a $100 less last year..

Considering that it's a lot more expensive to produce a device with Keyboards not to talk of one with one with capacitive abilities..

The KEY2 is for a targeted consumer, and if you don't fall into that category there are a million and one Options for you out there..

It's not about the latest chip set anymore..

With a Snapdragon 660 you can comfortably do as much as you want while maxing out the Battery Life (2 days+) on that device.. taking from experience with the KEYone..

This can be achieved cos of the optimization that's gone into the software and also coupled with other security features and let's face it there's a lot more hardware on this device than on glass slab devices

It's got the legendary 3.5mm Jack
It's got a capacitive Keyboard
It's got a Fingerprint Sensor just under the Keyboard

Who doesn't got a legendary 3.5mm jack? The Galaxy S9 has, the LG G7 ThinQ has it, OnePlus got it, even Infinix and Tecnos got it.. LoL.. grin

Talking of capacity keys, i can agree with you up to am extent, because i sure do believe that there are still a dozen of people out who actually see this phone as bae and no matter what price you put, if you like put the price above the iPhone X they will still go ahead and buy it.. but i hope you know that most smart phones nowadays now have a attachable hardware keyboard that you can easily fix to your phone and the phone will begin looking like bae, Samsung got it.

Then a fingerprint reader, cmon bro, i never expected you use this as a point, when people like Xiaomi and Vivo are already putting theirs under the display, whats so special about placing a fingerprint reader on a keyboard. that is an innovation gone wrong you know...

But all in all, the blackberry phone is a pretty good phone, just like i said in the real post, its a simple phone that was meant for simple people...and blackberry knows their target market and they are sure do gonna make sales.. but not in places like Nigeria, because we always want to get every bit of value for our money, and even considering the price of dollar against naira, guy if I sell my papa land just to buy iPhone X or Samsung Galaxy S9 With Snapdragon 845 chipset, do i still need to sell another portion of my father's land again to buy a Snapdragon 660 device? .. LOL.. #peace...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by correctBlogger(m): 6:14am On Jun 08, 2018
femi4:
Dead on arrival

Lol.. sounds more like Dead Or Alive... grin
Re: There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean by RemedyLab: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
Don't allow your health fail you like the company described above, here are preventive measures and free tips to help you, check my signature below

(1) (Reply)

Ulephone S10 Pro / Redmi Note 7 Or Used Samsung Galaxy S8 / Who Want To Swap Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.