Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki (16793 Views)

Offa Bank Robberies; Another Wanted Gang Member Arrested By Police. Photos / The Shocking Similarities Of The Bank Robberies In Offa And Iwo / Prison Lords: Even As Kirikiri Inmates, They Coordinate Robberies In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by gr8keeng: 2:44am On Jun 08, 2018
President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, on Thursday, said he had forwarded his written defence to the police on the allegation that he had links with armed robbery suspects arrested over the attacks on banks in Offa, Kwara State.

Saraki made the announcement on his social media platforms.

He wrote, “In line with their request, earlier today the police received my response to their letter on the investigation into the Offa robbery case.”

It was learnt from a source in the Senate that the Senate President involved his lawyers in the drafting of the defence.

When contacted, Saraki’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu, confirmed to our correspondent that the defence had been filed. He, however, declined to speak further on the matter.

The multiple attacks on April 5, 2018, had left 33 persons dead, while the suspects had alleged that they were Saraki’s political thugs, an allegation that the Senate President had denied.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Mr Jimoh Moshood, while parading the suspects said the police had given Saraki one week to come forward for questioning.

Saraki had in a statement on Sunday stated that he was ready to honour a formal invitation by the police.

The Senate President, however, alleged that it was a plot to embarrass him. He asked the public to disregard the claim by the police as baseless and another ploy to implicate him by all means.

On Monday, he said he was ready to honour an invitation by the police.

“I have just informed my ADC to get the letter of invitation from @PoliceNG in respect of the allegations raised yesterday — so that I can immediately honour the alleged invitation,” Saraki said on social media.

Later on the same day, Saraki said he had received a letter from the police asking him to make his defence in writing by Wednesday and not to appear in person.

Source: http://punchng.com/offa-robberies-ive-sent-written-defence-to-police-says-saraki/

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:47am On Jun 08, 2018
Nigerians Police, how true is that please?!

If true, let us read his defence!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by cheddahboy(m): 4:30am On Jun 08, 2018
Way to go
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by daryoor(m): 5:28am On Jun 08, 2018
Everybody is just getting excited in the saraki news for nothing. People like saraki never loses. With his army if sans and his bottomless pocket.

#Get that visa

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by princeade86(m): 5:51am On Jun 08, 2018
good. but why can't ig honor senate invitations also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by MaziOmenuko: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2018
Later on the same day, Saraki said he had received a letter from the police asking him to make his defence in writing by Wednesday and not to appear in person.

This is contrary to what the police PRO said yesterday: He insisted that Saraki must present himself before the police and answer questions about illegal arms running. Someone is trying hard to mislead the public. The police invitation still stands; the blood of the 33 innocent souls including a pregnant woman MUST NOT be overshadowed by politics.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Jirate(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2018
The Senate President, however, alleged that it was a plot to embarrass him. He asked the public to disregard the claim by the police as baseless and another ploy to Implicate Him By All Means.

During The Time of David Mark, We Didn't Hear of This Type Of Rubbish, God Bless PDP And Punish The Devil Called APC. cool
Come To Think Of It,
Saraki Is An APC Senator Albeit The Sitting Senate President, So APC As A Political Party Cannot Even Set It Own House In Order, Right From The Word Go, It Had Been One Controversy or The Other In The Senate Under APC. From Sen. Dino Melaye To Sen. Omo Agege and Senate Mace, How Can They Rule This Country Successfully?, No Wonder There Is Confusion All Over The Land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by hardywaltz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
Saraki the thief

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by CriticMaestro: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
The I.g of police is as confused as his transmission

Just show us the hard evidence connecting saraki to the robbery..

Not some jittery statements like "we are his boys" and some other shits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by chibike69: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
tt
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Lexusgs430: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nigeria I hail thee.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Alejoc(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Show of shame continues....... shocked shocked
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Metuh: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bullhari can't do Jack. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Good! Saraki has shown that he believes in law and order unlike transmission confusion

However if it is discovered that Saraki is innocent, the Nigerian Police should tender a public apology for this media trial

While we hope that the real culprit face the wrath of the law

Every life should count in Nigeria!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by softworldsystem(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
OK... LETS SEE HOW THE DRAMA ENDS

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by three: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
Meanwhile

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by papataryor: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
YOU BETTER TRANSMIT IT

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Alejoc(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
They are trying to Bleep Saraki up by turning the screw on him but he learned from their grand father... So he is ages ahead of them at least for now..... They will try harder next time and cover their tracks better than this!
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by richeeyo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68281425:

So you can start to do first to comment while saying trash

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Lincoln275(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
naso
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ok. Let's see how the drama plays out.SARAKI VS IGP PART2, now available.
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Celestyn8213: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nigerians are watching
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by eyeforeye(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
This is total rubbish from our poor media, am never a saraki fan or loyalist but its against ethnic professional rules to just frame saraki name into the offer robbery, the question is who sent you? not who is your political sponsorer?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

This is contrary to what the police PRO said yesterday: He insisted that Saraki must present himself before the police and answer questions about illegal arms running. Someone is trying hard to mislead the public. The police invitation still stands; the blood of the 33 innocent souls including a pregnant woman MUST NOT be overshadowed by politics.

ok he will come.
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Newpride(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Defense letter ko, implication letter ni...

Very useless, greedy and desperate man. He can betray anybody for his own selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by openmine(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
I hope he has also sent the same copy of his defence to the media......
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
MR SARAKI, TRY TO SEE OGA TRANSMISSION TRANSMITTING I MEAN POLICE IS TRANSMISSION THE TRANSMITTER TO TRANSFORM NIGERIA POLICE... BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by windwayltd: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
SARAKIS WRITTEN response is his statement which can also be used to prosecute him so his case is still on course nothing spoil. guy man wey dey claim saint.
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by Jaabioro(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
Where is the public copy? We need it for ours common analysis...the case is a public one no where to hide.
Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by kolafolabi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
post=68281425:

It's confidential grin angry grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: I’ve Sent Written Defence To Police, Says Saraki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
kolafolabi:

It's confidential grin angry grin grin grin grin grin
Perhaps

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Make N3.6m Annual Profit From Selling Hard Drugs - Suspect / Police Arrest Herdsmen Who Allegedly Lured, Killed A Man In Anambra Forest / Unclad Armed Robbery Suspect Almost Lynched By Angry Mob In Calabar. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.