Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

I Need Advice On Buying A Generator - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator (69024 Views)

How Do I Convert A Diesel Engine To A Generator? / Learn How To Produce A Generator Without Fuel / How To Build A Generator That Runs Without Fuel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by otokx(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2007
@Afam

Is it advisable to use inverters to power Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers or Ice Block making machines? I am trying to market your inverters in Port Harcourt to a friend who has a guy coming in from Ibadan to sell his to people in the University.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Afam(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2007
otokx:

@Afam

Is it advisable to use inverters to power Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers or Ice Block making machines? I am trying to market your inverters in Port Harcourt to a friend who has a guy coming in from Ibadan to sell his to people in the University.

@Otokx,

Thanks for your comments and question.

In reality, inverters if properly sized can power anything for any lenght of time as long as you have enough battery bank (and that is where the bulk of the money goes into).

But if I were to advice (as I usually do when clients request) things like air conditioners should be taken out of the picture due to the high cost of the battery bank needed to get a meaning autonomy.

A 3.5kva inverter can be used to power fridge or freezer together with other basic household items but you may require up to 8 batteries in most cases.

I have sent a 2.5kva inverter to someone in PH that wants to use it to power 2 ice block making machines rated @ 300W each with just 2 batteries.

So, it all depends on what the person is capable of spending. Some have bought inverters for less than N200,000.00 while spending over N350,000.00 for batteries even though they are genuine dry cell types.

Take care and do have a good Easter holiday period.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by texazzpete(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2007
anyone have any idea how much a 4kva gen would cost?
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2007
5.5 kva honda elemax (original) 250,000
fake (120,000)
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by endychux: 8:16am On Apr 11, 2007
@ coli,
how much does TEC generators cost.
pls I will like to know the prices for 0.8, 2.2, 5.5 KVA.

I intend to buy one b4 the end of this month.
reply ASAP or u can reach me on 08058988290 or endychux@yahoo.com

regards
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Seun(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
Is a diesel generator preferable to a petrol generator i.e. more effocient? What if I want to run an air-conditioner?
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by chimaze(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2007
Hello guys I've got the following Used Diesel Generators for sale:

Ford Generator 6 cylinder 30KVA
Perkins Generator 15KVA and 50KVA.

I sent it from the UK and they are all super-soundproof (acoustic) that meets European Union noise regulations. It is so quiet that you can be talking to someone on your mobile standing beside it while it is on and the person you are talking to will not even hear it. Click on the attachment to see the picture.

If you are interested email me on chimezieudorah@yahoo.com and I will give you my dads phone number to discuss with him.

P.S: I am not a 419er. The generators are in Kano and you will see it and test it before you pay. STRICTLY CASH AND CARRY

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Bulga(m): 1:24am On Apr 13, 2007
@ Chimaze,
I am making preparations to purchase a used Perkins generator (40 KVA) in the UK. Please which way is the cheapest to ship it to Nigeria? Do you know how much the clearing may cost me?
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by chimaze(m): 1:40am On Apr 13, 2007
Bulga:

@ Chimaze,
I am making preparations to purchase a used Perkins generator (40 KVA) in the UK. Please which way is the cheapest to ship it to Nigeria? Do you know how much the clearing may cost me?

You can tell your shiping company to ship it for you. it will cost you about £1500 for shipping and clearing. Or you can send it as a personal effect to avoid custom duty.

If you are in the UK give me your phone number. I might have some consignment going to naija next month.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Bulga(m): 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2007
I have not decided which way to go. I'm still searching for a cost effective way to purchase a Perkins gen. A company in China which I conacted offered me a soundproof Perkins diesel generator of 40 KVA at the price of $5,000. (UK version of such gen costs about Euro 8,000).

What do you guys think of this offer? Does anyone know what the shipping and clearing might cost? Should I fly to China to arrange the whole thing? Can someone recommend a reliable shipping company that can handle the shipping? I will be obliged for any kind of advice.

Peace & one love!

@Sexyme & Chimaze,
Thanks a lot for your responses. I appreciate.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by jiveman(m): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2007
Hi,
I have gone through your predicaments.But if I have to advice on this I would say you go to the market with an expert that knows about the generator repairs.Make arrangement with him on the amount you will pay him so he could figure out a better one for you at the market.
But concerning the inverter stuff,you can call this man"s number 0806234568923.He is someone I can vouch for.He even teaches this after learning it from abroad.but,my advice is that you should try other recommendations preceding mine,so if they fail you ,you call that man.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by chimaze(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2007
Bulga:

I have not decided which way to go. I'm still searching for a cost effective way to purchase a Perkins gen. A company in China which I conacted offer me a soundproof Perkins diesel generator of 40 KVA at the price of $5,000. (UK version of such gen costs about Euro 8,000).

What do you guys think of this offer? Does anyone know what the shipping and clearing might cost? Should I fly to China to arrange the whole thing? Can someone recommend a reliable shipping company that can handle the shipping? I will be obliged for any kind of advice.

Peace & one love!

@Sexyme & Chimaze,
Thanks a lot for your responses. I appreciate.

@ Bulga,

I've got a used 50KVA Perkins generator imported from the UK in Kano state. If you are interested leave me a message.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Bulga(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ Chimaze
Please let me know the price and age of the 50KVA Perkins generator.
My addy is (deleted)

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by chimaze(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2007
Bulga:

@ Chimaze
Please let me know the price and age of the 50KVA Perkins generator.
My addy is loopindale(§)yahoo.com

@Bulga,

I can see you are in Scotland, why don't you call me on 07968482390 and we shall negotiate the price. Or you can email me at chimezieudorah@yahoo.com. The email you provided did not appear properly.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by obza: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2007
How much is a perkins brand 30kva and 70kva generator
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by 3dtrojan: 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
Howdy,

I am in the market for a generator, any size from 5 - 10 Kva. Can anyone recommend a decent company (in Lagos) that stocks multiple brands of generators? Failing that, can anyone mention reliable stockists of any of the following brands, Honda, TEC, Yamaha or any others.

Thanks in advance.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by abujabooks(f): 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2008
Great info.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by tunnypop(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2008
hello big spif, getting an inverter would be the best option, u need to avoid noise. I design inverter very well, i even came to abuja to train some people 3 weeks ago. Feel free to call me or send me an e-mail on: 08081838949, tunnypop@yahoo.com

Regards

Tunde.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by febirac(m): 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
can anybody PLEASE help me with a genuine Honda Generator authorised dealer in Abuja - the company, address or phone lines i can reach them as i need to buy one .
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by chezyfive: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
I have the following brand new products for sale :

Digaital Cameras:

G. SAMSUNG M110 8MP DIGITAL CAMERA (6 UNITS AVAILABLE)- N28,000 each

Generators:

G. 8 UNITS OF HONDA-POWERED GENERATORS EM4500EX 4.5KVA OUTPUT FOR N100,000 each.

Irons:

H. 45 PCS OF STEAM IRON @ N2,500 each

Fridge:[Grade A Type]

I. 1 TALL LARGE FRIDGE-N55,000 [GRADE A-LIKE NEW];

J. 1 TABLE-SIZE FRIDGE -N20,000[ GRADEA- LIKE NEW].

If interested, pls contact 08025946892 OR 08067328893 for viewing.

Ask for Mr Adekoya

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by ReLaTE(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
Hw much is d cost of an original table size refrigerator and a generator that cn power it?
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by axeman85(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2010
@relate

if your are asking about the gen chezyfive is selling, dont go near it at all, dont even ask anything about ti, i bough one from him in january and from the 3rd day i bought it, it was faulty kept changing the AVr as its keeps getting burnt changed about 5 or 6 in total, and thats not it oo, upon proper inspection, it was found that the gen isnt meant for 9ja specs at all, in short i am regretting my purchase from him, i shud av just listened and go and buy a good one in the market but i didnt and thats 60k gone down the dran for a worthless and useless piece of junk
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by ReLaTE(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
@axeman,tnks a lot for ths prompt intervention dat could hv lead me to regrets.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by lindazhu: 5:02am On Sep 01, 2010
we can offer famous world brand generator:cummins ,perkins,Deutz series
and power can be choosed by yourself.
we are OEM factoryof many world brands in china.quality and price are very good.you can get 1 year free quality gurantee.you can find their services center in your area.very convenient.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Golfer: 10:42am On Feb 03, 2011
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 30 - 40 kva generator in Lagos, preference is Perkins, FG Wilson or Cummins but will happy to have quotes from all.
I need one ASAP. What are the approximate prices?
Thanks
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by bukatalag: 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2011
can anybody pls tell me how much i cud get a 30KVA soundproof gen Perkins or any nice brand, new one, thanks.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by amnoidle: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2012
We Volta Generators FZE, manufacturer of the “VOLTA” range of diesel generating sets and power systems within the range of 9KVA to 2,250 KVA has an international reputation for quality. We produce sets based upon a wide range of world class engines like PERKINS/LISTER PETTER/CUMMINS and alternators like LEROYSOMER/ STAMFORD/ MECCALTE. Volta Generators FZE has highly experienced and qualified personnel with a wealth of background and practical knowledge in the power generation industry world-wide.

An in-house design team gives the ability to offer a diverse range of engine/alternator combinations, control systems ranging from key start to automatic mains failure for standby power systems, and automatic synchronizing and paralleling of sets. A full range of additional equipment is also available covering static and trailer mounted sets, Lighting towers, weatherproof / accoustic canopies and ISO containerized sets. We design and builds control panels in house according to the customer’s specifications. Every set is rigorously tested to ensure it meets our standards.

The Company is dedicated to providing its expanding customer base with quality equipment constructed to the latest industry standards, in our workshops in Sharjah, U.A.E, whilst maintaining a highly competitive pricing structure. Constant updating of all manufacturing equipment ensures a quality product. Our success is based upon the ability to develop and maintain personal contact with our customers offer in them a rapid response to all enquiries, and providing a level and quality of service unsurpassed throughout the Industry.

The Volta Generators ranges are founded on the concept that quality should surpass all other buying criteria. We only use high quality major components from Europe to ensure our clients benefit from the full International warranty offered by these renowned manufacturers.
Our company's goal is simply to provide an unrivalled service to our varied client base, by quality products, competitive pricing, parts stockholding and express deliveries on generating sets and other power plant as well as technical support, both before and after sales.

So whether a generating set, a single filter or a container of gensets are required, we stand ready to provide fast and competitive response to all enquiries.
We now request you to kindly forward us your valuable enquiry/ RFQ for your requirement of diesel generators and lighting towers.

for more info: check our website: http://www.voltagenerators.com/

and if all, you wish to have a word or need advice on what-to and what-not buy..

Please Contact me at :
Mob: 00971-55-6248468
[email]sales4@voltagenerators.com[/email]
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by amnoidle: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2012
bukata lag: can anybody pls tell me how much i cud get a 30KVA soundproof gen Perkins or any nice brand, new one, thanks.

A good Generator set should be around USD 7000-7500, again depending on the lot. If its just one, you can avail it locally, and ensure its not china manufactured.

regards

Mob: 00971-55-6248468
sales4@voltagenerators.com
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by marleygab(m): 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
please what size of gen cab power a 1 Hp split unit. I need to purchase both
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by amnoidle: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
marleygab: please what size of gen cab power a 1 Hp split unit. I need to purchase both

hey Marley,

I quit didnt get what is the actual application.

theoretically speaking 1 HP = 0.746 KW = 746 W

Will the 1hp split unit be the only load?
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by marleygab(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2012
well almost, there will be other minor things like halogen bulbs, a small fan, a 42" LCD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ENDSARS CHIEF_NWOSU :Sales of Used European SMART TV at an Affordable Price / Today,every Other Thing Can Wait! / We SELL, REPAIR and UNLOCK iPhones at affordable prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.