Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

I Need Advice On Buying A Generator - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator (69123 Views)

How Do I Convert A Diesel Engine To A Generator? / Learn How To Produce A Generator Without Fuel / How To Build A Generator That Runs Without Fuel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by rhames(m): 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hi all

Contact me on my hotlines for any enquiries on diesel generators. View my blogs for samples.

http://generator-republic-nigeria..com/

Mohammed

Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by bimbor(m): 3:48am On May 24, 2015
sexyme:
@T2
no point getting into an argument over the technical details of the genset, being that its an area i am not conversant with, which is why i let it ride. If anyone needs clarification on the right specification for his/her need, i'll b glad to provide brochures.

@ Bulga
a 40KVA Soundproof - UK version (XP40 P1, as we call it) would cost about N2.32m. Of course the price is open to negotiations and I can guarantee further discount or a first free service upon a commitment to purchase. No idea about the China version and its attendant prices. Rather than opt for that, I'd suggest you go for one that's locally assembled. They're equally as good, with a price difference owing to cost of labour and importation. Speaking matter of factly, the local soundproofing does more noise reduction than the U.K soundproof version, being that the latter combines its noise reduction with a weather proof advantage, which the former does not have. In terms of aesthetics however, the U.K version has an upper hand.

P40P1 - U.K Assembled, Open model : N1,500,000
XP40 P3 - U.K Assembled, Soundproof : N2,320,000 (as stated earlier)
P40 P1 LSP - U.K Assembled, Local Soundproofing: N1,850,000

@ TaxMan
the smallest genset size in stock is the 12.5 KVA. Goes for about a million naira - subject to negotiation as well.

@Sexyme pls where is your office located? Address pls and phone contact details.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by bimbor(m): 3:51am On May 24, 2015
sexyme:
@adconline
let's just say i learnt n i'm still learning on d job. I sell gen sets for a living (sumtimes I 4get that I have a 1st degree in Microbiology!).lol

1st degree in Microbiology and now an expert in Engineering products! Woow!!
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by nelojay: 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pls i need information about the type of generator set that can powe a deep freezer of 300watts, rated current - 1.9a, energy consumtion 1.8 - 2kw
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by smartnoni(m): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2016
plz can 1.5kva generator power a refrigerator together with other Home appliances (just a s
elf con) ...pls I need an answer asap.. thanks
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by patfenda(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2017
pls call or whatsapp 08025067398 for generators and inverters
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by generator404(f): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2018
As a field power source and emergency power reserve, diesel generator sets are widely used in industrial and agricultural production, national defense, science and technology and daily life. So as a diesel generator distributor or dealer, how can we buy a satisfactory diesel generator? Starlight power technology teaches you how to judge and measure the performance of diesel generators from a professional point of view so as to buy products with high cost performance.

How to Choose a Good Diesel Generator
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by generator404(f): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2019
Hello, you can refer to this article. It tells you what should be consider when buying diesel generator set with details.

https://www.dieselgeneratortech.com/generator-sets/What-Should-Be-Considered-When-Purchasing-Diesel-Generator-Set.html
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
I have no idea on how generators work however the generator am using is senwei aka elepaq generator. What I saw in the gen is that it is 7.5 HP what does that mean?
Can it carry deep freezer and Ac at the same time?
Or can it pump water and carry all the appliances at same time ( 2 bedroom flat)
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by gykes(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
asuustrike1:
I have no idea on how generators work however the generator am using is senwei aka elepaq generator. What I saw in the gen is that it is 7.5 HP what does that mean?
Can it carry deep freezer and Ac at the same time?
Or can it pump water and carry all the appliances at same time ( 2 bedroom flat)

I am also interested in this product but I really doubt its supposed association with the elepaq brand. I think senwei is a new brand, very different from elepaq.
Re: I Need Advice On Buying A Generator by Infotips: 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Afam:
1HP = 750W

1.5HP = 1050W = about 1250VA (taking into consideration power factor)

2HP = 1500W = about 1800VA (taking into consideration power factor)

So, 2 nos 2HP A/Cs will be 3600VA (or 3.6kva)

Freezer shouldn't be more than 300W.

Total 3900VA

Making room for the starting power which is usually higher than the regular operating power we must size the generator to accomodate this short surges.

7.5kva generator can and will power 2 nos 2HP A/Cs plus 1 freezer without wahala.

For inverter systems, it would be safe to use 10kva inverter because the tolerance level is very low as alternative energy is really unforgiving for things like these.

While the cost of generators may appear small the real issue is with the fuel or diesel not to talk about the servicing and convenience.

I bought a generator for less than N15,000.00 and in one year I spent nothing less than N100,000.00 because I must use electricity in my office and yet during the day power is usually off only for them to make power available during the evenings and nights.

I sought for and investigated inverters, built one and for over 2 years I have never used a generator in my office yet I have never run out of power supply. Total cost then was less than N60,000.00 (inverter plus 1 no battery) even though after 18months I turned the battery bank into a 2 nos battery system.

If planned properly, an inverter and an appropriate battery bank would be a very good alternative to generators and unpredictable cost of fuel, diesel or servicing.

Please I have a question to ask..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ENDSARS CHIEF_NWOSU :Sales of Used European SMART TV at an Affordable Price / Today,every Other Thing Can Wait! / We SELL, REPAIR and UNLOCK iPhones at affordable prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.