Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (23788 Views)

How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by seekier(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
NaijaElba:

No wonder it's hard for you to make it in life. You are the type that will come on NL and be commenting rubbish when you don't even have the zeal to read. Odensin!
I am not going to trade words with you but next time try go through my comments before quoting me to avoid future misunderstanding. Thanks for your understanding grin
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by seekier(m): 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
fakuta:
grin grin grin grin grin the first sentence is self-defense i guess
grin

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by desmond2pk: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Yorubas like blaming others. When shonekan became interim head of state, what did he do?
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by linusbnn(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by thwarting the June 12 elections and democratic transition.
Imagine how M.K.O Abiola would have looted Nigeria if he had been sworn in as President.

Professor Humphry Nwosu was a foolish man who couldn't see the big picture from IBB's perspective.

Abiola was poised to win.
But only a few knew, M.K.O Abiola being President would have been a monumental disaster.

Just the way it would have been if buhari was not allowed to rule. We may be thinking buhari would have given us something fantastic and unimaginable.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by TeamSimple(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Four things I can summaries from this :
1. Abacha is evil to Nigeria democracy and Nigeria as a whole

2. Babangida wasn't much of evil but a confused president . He later gave in to Abacha's pressure

3. Humphrey Nwosu is the bravest man I have read about in Nigeria . Showing up uninvited at Aso Rock and going on with an election without support from evil Abacha commission .

4. Abiola won the election but he had evil people within his own circus . Or why didn't his party heavy weights take charge of the case at the appeal court after Nwosu's NEC was dismissed ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by hope4life: 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
naptu2:
End

Well done op for this piece.I read major part of it keenly.I relish political history like this.The lesson is no matter how smart or powerful we are,there is always a pay day. No one holds power forever.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by tunjijones(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
I read tru it all.. Why can't many Nigerians read. I have always pondered on how Humphrey fare during and after the election. He didn't mentioned how military pointed gun at him but am sure it happened.. From the story it was clear babangida was under serious pressure.... Abacha was really power hungry.. What a history. Am sure there are more to this story... Babangida so say the part he played in all this before he die....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Thanks Imo State People For Giving Him A Warm Reception / FG Will Replace Fuel Subsidy With ₦5,000 Transport Grant For 40m Nigerians / How Much Is One Litter Of Kerosene In Your Area ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.