Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (23782 Views)

How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by delpee(f): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2018
The most transparent and least violent election of our time! God bless Prof Humphrey Nwosu.

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2018
The real Hero of June 12, unfortunately the one that declared himself winner is celebrated.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Timblaze(m): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2018
i don't know if am the only one thinking in this line"is this the first June 12 since the APC comes into power?

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by congorasta: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2018
killing is going on in different parts of this country
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by congorasta: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2018
so much hungry on the streets

yet we are discussing and keeping people busy with June 12 bullshit,
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by BlackPantherxXx: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2018
SUMMARY of this article:

Nwosu is a coward like Ojukwu & Kanu

Figure out their S.I. unit grin

PS - of course I didn't read the article! grin

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by TheUbermensch: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by annuling the June 12 elections.
Imagine how M.K.O Abiola would have looted Nigeria if he had been sworn in as President.

Professor Humphry Nwosu was a foolish man who couldn't see the big picture from Abacha's perspective.

Abiola was poised to win.
But only a few knew, M.K.O Abiola being President would have been a monumental disaster.

How please?
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by desgiezd(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by annuling the June 12 elections.
Imagine how M.K.O Abiola would have looted Nigeria if he had been sworn in as President.

Professor Humphry Nwosu was a foolish man who couldn't see the big picture from Abacha's perspective.

But only a few knew, M.K.O Abiola being President would have been a monumental disaster.

You goofed: Abacha didn't annul that election, IBB did.

So are you telling us that the decision of those few guys who annulled the election was better than the collective decision of all Nigerians that voted for MKO?

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by SuperS1Panther: 11:19am On Jun 08, 2018
He is a Lilly livered cowardly pigidiotic Osu like the sissy bandit leader Ojukwu.

If it was Jega, he would have damned all consequences to release the result. That is bravery

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Jasperro(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2018
Yawn....... pls summarize
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Smooyis(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2018
Greatest and most honest ibo man. I doff my hat Prof. You also deserve the greatest honor in the land.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by dadada98: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Azam101: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2018
The only Igbo with unquestionable character.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by koladebrainiac(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Mogidi:
Can't blame Abacha alone.
Some Yorubas were actively working against MKO's emergence as President because of what MKO did to Awolowo.
they were not working against him,they were working against Nigeria. all Nigeria voted for him period.they wasted our time n money
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2018
All these men were friends. Osibanjo's father-in-law said, Abiola selected some people to be in Abacha's cabinet. What made their friendship sour is power and greed.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Mccullum: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by thwarting the June 12 elections and democratic transmission.

Professor Humphry Nwosu was a foolish man who couldn't see the big picture from IBB's perspective.

Look at you Saint who'll not embezzle if elected for one political position, even in death you are hating Abiola who's greater than you and your entire immediate & extended family since its immemorial establishment, what a pity!
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2018
Aldebaran:
IBRAHIM BABANGIDA is the main root of Nigeria's problems.

I pray GOD forgives him angry

His evil intentions distroyed a lot of things in Nigeria sad
is part of it but i think abacha constitute larger portion from the revelation so far.

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by RexTramadol1: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2018
desgiezd:

You goofed: Abacha didn't annul that election, IBB did.

So are you telling us that the decision of those few guys who annulled the election was better than the collective decision of all Nigerians that voted for MKO?

You sure didn't read it.
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by lexy2014: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2018
congorasta:

so much hungry on the streets

yet we are discussing and keeping people busy with June 12 bullshit,
June 12, a necessary distraction by d buhari administration

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Segol: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2018
The main actor in the June 12 debacle is MKO Abiola. Humphrey Nwosu was just an umpire.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Ahmedhussain3463: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by thwarting the June 12 elections and democratic transmission.

Professor Humphry Nwosu was a foolish man who couldn't see the big picture from IBB's perspective.

u need senseline capsule.u dnt sound like normal human being
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by albaniy1: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Gaskiya wallahi this is the only ibgo man I love in bcs of his loyalty to his country..

The only advice am giving him is to become a Muslim and contest come 2023 am very sure that he will win arewa hands-free...
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by ruffDiamond: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
seekier:
I am not one of the lazy youths in Nigeria but seriously I can't read this. Too long
yeah especaially on phone or lappy with the hurtful reflective screen which can be strwssfulto eyes..but i could do that on paper
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by soso101: 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by thwarting the June 12 elections and democratic transition.

Guy u no try o. na Abacha no loot d nation treasury as e b come president abi?
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by NaijaElba(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
seekier:
I am not one of the lazy youths in Nigeria but seriously I can't read this. Too long

No wonder it's hard for you to make it in life. You are the type that will come on NL and be commenting rubbish when you don't even have the zeal to read. Odensin!
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Sky82slim: 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gen. Sani Abacha did the nation good by thwarting the June 12 elections and democratic transition.

. You are sick
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Tecno66: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
But Nawa o. Nzeribe, Akpamgbo, Nwosu. All the main actors are.........
naptu2:
Professor Humphry Nwosu was the chairman of the National Electoral Commission (NEC) that conducted the June 12, 1993 elections. He is known for transforming Nigeria’s voting system by introducing the open ballot system and then the modified open ballot system (secret open ballot). Professor Nwosu succeeded Professor Eme Awa as chairman of NEC in 1989 and served until NEC was dissolved in 1993.

There were many rumours in the days after the election was annulled. Some people said that President Babangida had placed Professor Nwosu under house arrest to prevent him from releasing the results. Some others claimed that Professor Nwosu went into hiding and that soldiers were searching for him. Well, the best way to find out what happened is to hear from the horse’s mouth. Here is Professor Nwosu’s account of the events that occurred in June 1993.

Summary

1) His reaction when he heard about the court order that the election should not go ahead.

2) The military was divided into pro-Abacha and pro-election groups.

3) How he heard about a meeting of the National Defence and Security Council and gate crashed the meeting.

4) How the Abacha group tried to convince Babangida to cancel the election.

5) How he convinced Babangida that the election must go on.

6) The process of releasing the election results

7) How he heard about a court order that barred him from releasing the results.

8 ) General Abacha shouted at him and accused him of conducting the election despite the fact that there was a court order that the election should not hold.

9) How he heard that NEC had been disolved while he was preparing to challenge the court order.

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by soso101: 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
SuperS1Panther:
He is a Lilly livered cowardly pigidiotic Osu like the sissy bandit leader Ojukwu.

If it was Jega, he would have damned all consequences to release the result. That is bravery

that is a blatant lie, a thousand Jegas would not have dare the military regime in power. maybe u did not understand d write up, all the result had been announced, remaining just a state. before the court hearing that would have adjudicate and declare the winner of the election NEC was dissolved. please cogitate before calling Nwosu a coward cos he did well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by fakuta(f): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin the first sentence is self-defense i guess
seekier:

1 Like

Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by seekier(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
NaijaElba:

No wonder it's hard for you to make it in life. You are the type that will come on NL and be commenting rubbish when you don't even have the zeal to read. Odensin!
hmmmn na wa
Re: Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election by Charly68: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
I love that prof ,best inec chair to conduct the most peaceful and credible election in Nigeria but IBB spoil his achievement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit / Sumbo Ajose Is Dead! Lagos APC Treasurer Dies In The US / Ekiti Ex-Deputy Governor Egbeyemi Dies At 78

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.