Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. (26649 Views)

Ajegunle Superstar Marvelous Benji Broke As Hell, Now Begs For 20 Naira To Smoke / Pasuma Set To Release Hip Hop Album / Artist's Pictures And Album Covers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:26am On Jun 01, 2010
Oh, hip-hop. If there’s one thing the most American of musical forms is not known for, it’s self-restraint. A perfect place to see this in action is the album cover – that 5″x5″ square that sums up in a single image what the record is about. The following covers are so amazingly terrible that they’d make records scratch all by themselves. Ready to get funky?

Da Brat – Da Brat – There’s two possible explanations here. One is Photoshop. The other one is that Da Brat actually got a custom painted leotard with images of herself on it. I am pulling so hard for #2 it’s not even funny.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:28am On Jun 01, 2010
Sweet P – I Toast Myself – The ontological implications of this image are astonishing. Jesus turned water into wine, but Sweet P can apparently turn cognac into his body and then back into cognac. And then, in theory, he will alco-bang the girl in the ill-fitting denim bikini who got his name tattooed on her titty.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:29am On Jun 01, 2010
Iceberg – Gangsta Rap – Yeah, but if you put a huge gilded frame around it, it’ll be classy. No matter that if you peek you can actually see his ho’s vajayajy.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by chika98: 2:30am On Jun 01, 2010
Whatever happened to Da Brat? I thought she was coming back out
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:30am On Jun 01, 2010
Big Bear – Doin’ Thangs – This is such a legendary cover that any words I could say about it would be wasted. I just love that instead of the typical pile of bling, we have nuts and berries. This guy lives the gimmick.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:31am On Jun 01, 2010
Mystikal – Unpredictable – We all know that Mystikal is batcrap crazy anyhow, but this cover really drives the message home. I’M AN EXPLODING JIGSAW PUZZLE! PREDICT THIS! YOU CAN’T!

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:31am On Jun 01, 2010
1st Famm – Best Kept Secret – You know, as phony as this dude’s Terminator 2 liquid metal face mask job is, you’ve got to give him props for hiring identical twin bodyguards to protect his pile of gold bars. Oh wait.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:32am On Jun 01, 2010
Baby aka #1 Stunna – Birdman – Photoshop is a hell of a tool, man. Do you think they nerds at Adobe in like 1990 when they first released Photoshop 1.0 had any idea that twenty years later people would be using it to create deformed rapper/bird hybrids?

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:33am On Jun 01, 2010
Common – Finding Forever – Yo, if you thought that Candyman record was homo, this is a whole ‘nother level. I love Common to death but brother’s wearing eyeliner and he just got a copy of Illustrator. He looks like Andre 3000 went to community college. Bad decisions all around.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:34am On Jun 01, 2010
Cam’Ron – Confessions Of Fire – Okay, the degree of gayness between Candyman and Common is the distance from New York to Cleveland, Ohio. The degree of gayness between Common and Cam’Ron (what’s up with all these C names?) is the distance from Cleveland, Ohio to Jupiter. Look at him. He oiled himself up for this cover. He should call it Confessions Of Fire Island.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:35am On Jun 01, 2010
Ghostface Killa – Bulletproof Wallets – All right, enough gay jokes. This is just Ghostface… making breakfast for Raekwon… in his bathrobe. Oh God dammit.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:36am On Jun 01, 2010
Majik Most – Molesting Hiphop – Yo, I know it’s street to act like you’re a hardened criminal, but somehow I don’t think “child molester” is really what you want to shoot for. Especially with your snorkel and barely-past-puberty facial hair. Bonus points for the completely inappropriate Ernie and Bert cameo.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:37am On Jun 01, 2010
Lil Rascal – Like A Grown As Man – So ups to Lil Rascal for using the pronunciation mark in the title, but how much crap do you think he got from people? He probably just got business cards that read “THE LINE OVER THE S MEANS YOU PRONOUNCE IT LONGER, IT’S GROWN ASS MAN.” And then there’s the hilarious photoshopped stretch Ford Explorer to add insult to injury.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2010
Trick Daddy – WWW.Thug.Com – Hip-hop: on my Internet? Apparently so, as Trick Daddy’s absurd recreation of a mid-90s Netscape Navigator window comes complete with grody pixilation, a ghetto navbar and more. I’m surprised he didn’t hire a guy to make it drop a bunch of pop-up windows when you open the case.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2010
Master P – Gameface – I probably could have just picked 20 Master P covers for this piece and rolled with it. Instead, I decided to go with TKTK’s Gameface, where he stepped away from his diamond-encrusted tank and bling fonts approach for something a little… creepier. You can almost hear a muffled voice screaming “Hootie Hoo” with its last breath.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:43am On Jun 01, 2010
might just be the worst cover out of No Limit, idk. Certainly one of the more humorous.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Krayola(m): 2:44am On Jun 01, 2010
I'm sure these guys could have found better pieces of a$$ to put on their album cover. This is just pathetic. Dem come rub am with vegetable oil as if the "booty" no dey bad enough already . . . .shior!!

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:44am On Jun 01, 2010
Simple simplicity.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:46am On Jun 01, 2010
Pooh-Man

Do we really need to say much about this? I’m hoping Pooh-Man is just a gynecologist with a sensitivity to light. Hope the album title isn’t a comment on the model used for the photo shoot.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:47am On Jun 01, 2010
I understand it's his first album, but, still. This is bad.

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 2:51am On Jun 01, 2010
Nigerian Rnb Musicians might relate to this,

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 3:02am On Jun 01, 2010
Tony Tee’s 50-pound barbell requires not one spotter, but two! It’s tough being a lightweight!

Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by chiogo(f): 3:44am On Jun 01, 2010
OMG!! These covers are funny as hell. grin

No wonder most of them didn't make it.

I'll post some as soon as I find them - nothing I find could top these though. lol
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by iice(f): 4:52am On Jun 01, 2010
Knew Ghost killah had to be there. Dude is wack himself grin Always running away from camera, tis a wonder he has music videos grin
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Ibime(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2010
All No Limit album covers from late 90's and early 2000's
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by dominique(f): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/272548_bc_jpg9b6265d156600f6e34b0078f73daf550

this is just plain nasty shocked shocked shocked
if they can't afford better chicks, then they shouldda snapped alone. na by force to use "chicks"? tongue
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shotster50(m): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^  All the baby oil in the world couldnt even save their crusty nasty ashy asses.
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Genuflect(m): 10:41pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lol
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by shilling(f): 6:05am On Jun 02, 2010
LMAO. . . some are scary awful!!
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Mafia4life(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2010
@poster
Yeah, some of those sht are part of my collections. They all sucks especially birdman, da brat, cam'ron and master p of 2003 downwards. You bang master p's Good side and Bad side? The album is great. To add up worse collection, i include ; Mr cheek ( i forgot the album title ), 50 cent- massacre, jadakiss- the kiss of death, master ace- the show, project pat- walkin bank roll, Nelly- suit ( someone gave me this album as gift, after playing it i returned it to the giver. He sucks ), RZA and the worst is Ying-yang twins ( Chemical balance ).
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Genuflect(m): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2010
Mafia4life:

@poster
Yeah, some of those sht are part of my collections. They all sucks especially birdman, da brat, cam'ron and master p of 2003 downwards. You bang master p's Good side and Bad side? The album is great. To add up worse collection, i include ; Mr cheek ( i forgot the album title ), 50 cent- massacre, jadakiss- the kiss of death, master ace- the show, project pat- walkin bank roll, Nelly- suit ( someone gave me this album as gift, after playing it i returned it to the giver. He sucks ), RZA and the worst is Ying-yang twins ( Chemical balance ).
You do know there's a difference btw album covers and album contents, right?
Re: Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. by Mafia4life(m): 9:58am On Jun 02, 2010
@Genuflet
Thanks for the correction. I thought he meant "Wack as Hell album with cover"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lyrics: Awww By Di'ja | Naija Lyrics Zone / Track By Two Of The Uniport Students Lynched / All Tracks On P-square's The Invasion Album available here (Best 2011 Album)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.