Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh (700 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Replies Fred Leonard After He Told The Actress “I Love You" / An Actress Is In Dubai With Her Friend's Husband - Tonto Dikeh Reveals / Victoria Inyama: It's An Embarrassment Being Called An Actress These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Mcoutureankara(f): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2018
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh suffered a backlash few hours ago for typing in tongues in the comment section of Ghanaian actor turned preacher, Majid Michel.

She has however taken to her IG page to defend herself that she is radical for Jesus and if people can type “Skrrr pp” for man’s not hot song then why can’t she type in tongues for her God.

Late last year Tonto Dikeh granted an interview with premium times where she talked about being so close to becoming an evangelist before backsliding.

Excerpts of the interview;

Why do you regret not having a mentor early on in your career?

Entertainment is not an easy path for anyone to tow because it can kill you, make you or destroy you. It has the power to do and undo, so as a mother I will tell everyone to be careful with the industry. But as an entertainer, I will say welcome to any fresh talent because there is no limit to what he or she can do with a talent. It’s even written in the bible that, ‘I will bless you through the works of your hands.

What is the secret behind your new glow?

Well, firstly I am born again and when you have God, you just radiate. So all the glow is from within; you don’t fake God’s glow. You also can’t fake God’s glory because it overwhelms you. I don’t know how to say what I want to say but when God steps into a situation or your life he elevates you and makes you see things in a different light. So, the glow you see is all God. I am a radical for Christ.

Do you plan to set up a church or become an evangelist?

Yes I will, before I became an entertainer I was close to becoming an evangelist but I backslid. But not to say anything, I am back with God. I don’t know where God is taking me to. But if it is the pulpit, I am ready.

So, are some of the backlashes you have received on social media lately a result of your being born again?

Well, even if I wasn’t born again, they will still come for me. You see, the devil cannot steal from an empty barrel; you have to be fully charged. I will go through a lot of things, whatever is happening now this is nothing compared to what is yet to come. What I have seen is not even half of what will come in the future. I am ready for more; there will be worse to come and I’m ready for it. When God prepares you in a different kind of way, I can fight my battles on my own strength.

Read more here;

http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/06/08/i-was-an-evangelist-before-becoming-an-actress-i-backslided-tonto-dikeh/

cc Lalasticlala

Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by sinaj(f): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2018
She don come again

1 Like

Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by gistblogger: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2018
cool
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by goldbim(f): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
We all know the church is always the last resort.. lipsrsealed.. Watch out for Evangelist Tonto-Dikeh..I'm sure aunty Eucharia will welcome her in her ministry..
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
sinaj:
She don come again
Why use distortion to spoil your beautiful face.

1 Like

Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by sinaj(f): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
GutsOverFear:

Why use distortion to spoil your beautiful face.
You would av still passed ur msg across without putting up the pic.
Thats rude sir.
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
sinaj:
You would av still passed ur msg across without putting up the pic.
Thats rude sir.
Sorry your highness
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by sinaj(f): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
GutsOverFear:

Sorry your highness
put it down pls
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Mcoutureankara(f): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mcoutureankara:
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh suffered a backlash few hours ago for typing in tongues in the comment section of Ghanaian actor turned preacher, Majid Michel.

She has however taken to her IG page to defend herself that she is radical for Jesus and if people can type “Skrrr pp” for man’s not hot song then why can’t she type in tongues for her God.

Late last year Tonto Dikeh granted an interview with premium times where she talked about being so close to becoming an evangelist before backsliding.

Excerpts of the interview;

Why do you regret not having a mentor early on in your career?

Entertainment is not an easy path for anyone to tow because it can kill you, make you or destroy you. It has the power to do and undo, so as a mother I will tell everyone to be careful with the industry. But as an entertainer, I will say welcome to any fresh talent because there is no limit to what he or she can do with a talent. It’s even written in the bible that, ‘I will bless you through the works of your hands.

What is the secret behind your new glow?

Well, firstly I am born again and when you have God, you just radiate. So all the glow is from within; you don’t fake God’s glow. You also can’t fake God’s glory because it overwhelms you. I don’t know how to say what I want to say but when God steps into a situation or your life he elevates you and makes you see things in a different light. So, the glow you see is all God. I am a radical for Christ.

Do you plan to set up a church or become an evangelist?

Yes I will, before I became an entertainer I was close to becoming an evangelist but I backslid. But not to say anything, I am back with God. I don’t know where God is taking me to. But if it is the pulpit, I am ready.

So, are some of the backlashes you have received on social media lately a result of your being born again?

Well, even if I wasn’t born again, they will still come for me. You see, the devil cannot steal from an empty barrel; you have to be fully charged. I will go through a lot of things, whatever is happening now this is nothing compared to what is yet to come. What I have seen is not even half of what will come in the future. I am ready for more; there will be worse to come and I’m ready for it. When God prepares you in a different kind of way, I can fight my battles on my own strength.

Read more here;

http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/06/08/i-was-an-evangelist-before-becoming-an-actress-i-backslided-tonto-dikeh/

cc Lalasticlala

cc Lalasticlala
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
sinaj:
put it down pls
What should I put down your highness?
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by sinaj(f): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
GutsOverFear:

What should I put down your highness?
d pic u uploaded.
Thank u
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Mikora: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
So you don frontslide now abi?
Re: I Was An Evangelist Before Becoming An Actress, I Backslided- Tonto Dikeh by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
sinaj:
d pic u uploaded.
Thank u
No I won't it's my private property.. Thanks your highness

(1) (Reply)

Senator’s Baby Mama Sues, Asks For Upkeep For Their 10-year-old Child / A Twitter Handler Who Demanded For Nude Pix From A Lady...got Boosted / Tiwa Savage Shows Off Her Sexy Style In London(see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.