Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) (23551 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Since it's Throwback Friday and the late MKO Abiola is in the news, we decided to throwback to one of his 1993 election campaign jingles. watch the video below. Nigerians really missed the great business man in Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRgSsRBrqs

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by docadams: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
@OP, can you lay your hands on the second jingle. Thank you in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Throwback Friday?
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lalasticlala

I take God beg you , Feature this post

I was literally sent back to my youth

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6vVSZ7wiE

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Paperwhite(m): 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:

Johnnyessence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRgSsRBrqs
"I tire for this life o, nah so so wahala.
Food o,nah headache,Hospital no work,
I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! Progress!"

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.I was part of this struggle in Ibadan then.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by phase1: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

Jesu kristi! You were a youth then?
I was a boy then and I remembered all the songs, jingles and ads.

If you were a youth then, that means you are above 45 today. You be ancient of days oo! Old cargo. shocked

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
phase1:

Jesu kristi! You were a youth then?
I was a boy then and I remembered all the songs, jingles and ads.

If you were a youth then, that means you are above 45 today. You be ancient of days oo! Old cargo. shocked

Awa niyen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Paperwhite:
I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.

You realize that song was the reality back then right? 6 years later PDP got to power and fixed nothing, so please continue your senseless ranting about hardships Buhari brought to you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
a
Paperwhite:

I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.
Hmmmm... There was another one they sang in the stadium when we went to receive him. Before MKO arrived the stadium, we started dancing to the tune and the song goes like this: "Nigeria on the march again...on the march again... we are waiting for Mr President...on the march again... MKOoooo...is our man o... "

Mehn, when MKO arrived the the stadium, Nigerians were so happy as if we were in heaven, chai... I've never witnessed something like that again and can never forget it

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Paperwhite(m): 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:

You realize that song was the reality back then right? 6 years later PDP got to power and fixed nothing, so please continue your senseless ranting about hardships Buhari brought to you

Am I the government then? Me & you yearn for good governance but our leaders keep disappointing us because they are selfish & wicked.
Buhari is among the past leaders that have & are still bastardizing our national life.Well the political awareness is high now.
We'll keep changing them till we get it right.So our leaders now knows we can be taken for a gwonpy, gwonpy ride again.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Paperwhite(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
id911:
a

Hmmmm... There was another one they sang in the stadium when we went to receive him. Before MKO arrived the stadium, we started dancing to the tune and the song goes like this: "Nigeria on the match again...on the match again... we are waiting for Mr President...on the match again... MKOoooo...is our man o... "

Mehn, when MKO arrived the the stadium, we were so happy as if we were in heaven, chai... Can never forget it
Nostalgic but horrible dark period of the Nigerian political experiment.I was in JS-2 then but we rioted from Sango-Agodi government house in Ibadan.
cc:Lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
Paperwhite:
Nostalgic but horrible dark period of the Nigerian political experiment.I was in JS-2 then but we rioted from Sango-Agodi government house in Ibadan.
cc:Lalasticlala

Funny enough, I was in primary 4 then but had political awareness more than even some higher institutions students! I was by far the smallest and the only kid who went to the stadium by himself! The stadium is close to our house sha.Oron Township stadium in Akwa Ibom State. When I arrived the gate, the soldiers stopped me and asked where I was going, I told them I came to cheer and support our next President Chief MKO Abiola, they all bust into laughter and were surprised at my confidence.

They allowed me in. When MKO arrived, they took me close to his chopper so I could have a clear view of him

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Toosure70: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
When the country was united before IBB divided the nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by tim1256(m): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
Can someone just tell us why Babangida just because of personal differences with Abiola nullified that election?

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
tim1256:
Can someone just tell us why Babangida just because of personal differences with Abiola nullified that election?

IBB hands were tied. I'm not supporting him o because he's a criminal. Some guys in the military were not comfortable having Abiola as president. Abiola's issues not becoming president had both internal and external dimensions but unfortunately Nigerians don't know these.

Abiola had once visited Fidel Castro. Again, he boldly said the West would pay reparation for the slave trade era when he became president and he would pursue it relentlessly. You should be able to decode where majority of his problems came from

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Paperwhite(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
id911:

Funny enough, I was in primary 4 then but had political awareness more than even some higher institutions students! I was by far the smallest and the only kid who went to the stadium by himself! The stadium is close to our house sha.Oron Township stadium in Akwa Ibom State. When I arrived the gate, the soldiers stopped me and asked where I was going, I told them I came to cheer and support our next President Chief MKO Abiola, they all bust into laughter and were surprised at my confidence.

They allowed me in. When MKO arrived, they took me close to his chopper so I could have a clear view of him
Fortunate you-even able to see MKO then? I personally believe in Him because he have a winsome nature.
Besides military reign were becoming more boring esp.during the Babangida/Abacha era.My dad was surprise @ the political radicalization in me being a soldier himself.

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by tuniski: 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:

22yrs after buhari/apc got into power and nigeria is now littered with IDP as governance is at all time lowest!

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
Paperwhite:

I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.I was part of this struggle in Ibadan then.
Waoooooooo definitely you are part of Abiola struggle. you are a grassroots politician. waooooooo that's great

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

this is awesome !!!!!

MKO , is awa manu oo

yes soooooo. then in some kids voice to their parents, they will say daddy, mummy, Abiola ni edibo fun. indomie kids will never understand that period. Yorubas really missed Business mogul Abiola.

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
Paperwhite:

Am I the government then? Me & you yearn for good governance but our leaders keep disappointing us because they are selfish & wicked.
Buhari is among the past leaders that have & are still bastardizing our national life.Well the political awareness is high now.
We'll keep changing them till we get it right.So our leaders now knows we can be taken for a gwonpy, gwonpy ride again.
my brother these are the words of Yoruba people. they never get tired till they finally get the final helper. buhari will be voted out in next year presidential election, and the Yorubas will votes in another grassroots politician that have the fear of God. Yorubas never get tired until they get the one they want.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:

please since 3 years Apc has been in the government, please what has they done to protect the democracy? you keep jumping one thread or the other defending Buhari that doesn't know your lineage. he will be voted out next year and you find another candidate to talk. so so painful for our democracy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
please since 3 years Apc has been in the government, please what has they done to protect the democracy? you keep jumping one thread or the other defending Buhari that doesn't know your lineage. he will be voted out next year and you find another candidate to talk. so so painful for our democracy.

I am for good governance , not recognition by the ruling President

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
See this one lol

Out of those 22 years, PDP used 16 and pillaged the country's wealth , that's a known fact

IDP camps in Borno and Maiduguri have been there since 2012

tuniski:

22yrs after buhari/apc got into power and nigeria is now littered with IDP as governance is at all time lowest!

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
tuniski:

https://reliefweb.int/report/nigeria/background-information-idp-situation-nigeria-0

Bad belle , even long before Buhari

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Paperwhite(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Waoooooooo definitely you are part of Abiola struggle. you are a grassroots politician. waooooooo that's great
Yeeessssss! I was glad I did.Sadly we also lost a lot of comarades too.That time was truly a time of national enthusiasm-you can see & feel the collective will for Nigeria to progress then.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
Paperwhite:
Yeeessssss! I was glad I did.Sadly we also lost a lot of comarades too.That time was truly a time of national enthusiasm-you can see & feel the collective will for Nigeria to progress then.
oh it's very true, may their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by azimibraun: 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
Born in the 80s, saw this advert with my own eyes.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaBullIT:

I am for good governance , not recognition by the ruling President

really not recognition by the rulling Apc government. but you keep me jumping from one thread that speak against buhari government. why? This is not democracy in action.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by DaBullIT(m): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
You are just strolling right ? that's how you've been seeing me at the different threads ? if you want to follow , follow me , you'll me my posts
stop stalking me , it's a crime
Johnnyessence:
really not recognition by the rulling Apc government. but you keep me jumping from one thread that speak against buhari government. why? This is not democracy in action.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:16am On Jun 09, 2018
DaBullIT:
You are just strolling right ? that's how you've been seeing me at the different threads ? if you want to follow , follow me , you'll me my posts
stop stalking me , it's a crime
yes I have been seeing you jumping on every thread to comment about pmb.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal / Defence Academy Attack Mastermind Killed, Military Warns Against Coup / Abuja Airport Road (under Construction): Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.