Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) (23578 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by ajepako(f): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What about Abacha the man that is Buhari's mentor? Abacha order the killings of unarmed protesters after the elections. People forget easily

That Abacha's. Eh...

His family need to apologise to Nigerians, l swear

Even the apology is not enough tombstone for his sins and tyranny

Ogoni people will never forgive him for what he did to Ken Saro Wiwa

And that is just a tiniest fraction of his many atrocities in power..

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2018
ajepako:

That Abacha's. Eh...

His family need to apologise to Nigerians, l swear

Even the apology is not enough tombstone for his sins and tyranny

Ogoni people will never forgive him for what he did to Ken Saro Wiwa

And that is just a tiniest fraction
his many atrocities in power..
I was pissed off when I saw one news that one of Abacha children wanted to contest for one post like that.

The children are the ones that will pay for the Father's sins.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
I was in primary 2 then grin
Small pikin grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2018
DaBullIT:

You realize that song was the reality back then right? 6 years later PDP got to power and fixed nothing, so please continue your senseless ranting about hardships Buhari brought to you
Who was the president or head of state under pdp then,was it not IBB? All of them northerners,abacha,abdulsalam,etc. They messed up the system big time.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by BanjiHols(m): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Since it's Throwback Friday and the late MKO Abiola is in the news, we decided to throwback to one of his 1993 election campaign jingles. watch the video below. Nigerians really missed the great business man in Africa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRgSsRBrqs

How I loved this way back as a kid... grin later got to knw that it was composed and performed by Sunny Neji
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:18am On Jun 12, 2018
tim1256:
Can someone just tell us why Babangida just because of personal differences with Abiola nullified that election?
This is one of the reasons they stopped history studies in schools because they don't want you to know. That's why it's easy for them to deceive people with the "integrity card"they're playing.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Larryslim(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2018
This can never happen in this country again!..
For everyone to come together and like just one man
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by saintkeppy(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What about Abacha the man that is Buhari's mentor? Abacha order the killings of unarmed protesters after the elections. People forget easily

The Goggle-wearing General did not give a Fvcccck about any bloody civilian, his Men where all over every nooks&cranny in the country to unleash Terror by his Orders.
I can still remember vividly anytime he wants to address the nation on NTA with his dark goggles on with his afro covered with decorated military beret.
A Tyrant Head of State between '93-98 during his time was when we witness high-profile killings, execution of Ogoni Activists led Ken Saro Wiwa happened during his reign.

Abacha's demise hit the Super Eagles Camp in France during the World Cup in June '98.

The following month, MKO Abiola went down whille in Prison Custody.

5years of Ruggedity &Lootocracy up till this moment we're stll discovering Abacha's Loot 10years after his demise!
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by proudevil: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Everybody now forming to be part of the struggle expecting compensation from pmb...recognising the mandate is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria, my people from the far east should play their card well starting from next election by voting in pmb and they shall be rewarded by recognizing oju-iku and giving them Biafra day..free advice cool
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2018
saintkeppy:

The Goggle-wearing General did not give a Fvcccck about any bloody civilian, his Men where all over every nooks&cranny in the country to unleash Terror by his Orders.
I can still remember vividly anytime he wants to address the nation on NTA with his dark goggles on with his afro covered with decorated military beret.
A Tyrant Head of State between '93-98 during his time was when we witness high-profile killings, execution of Ogoni Activists led Ken Saro Wiwa happened during his reign.

Abacha's demise hit the Super Eagles Camp in France during the World Cup in June '98.

The following month, MKO Abiola went down whille in Prison Custody.

5years of Ruggedity &Lootocracy up till this moment we're stll discovering Abacha's Loot 10years after his demise!

And funny thing is that this is the same man Buhari is praising.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Pretty002: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2018
[center][/center]
Johnnyessence:
Since it's Throwback Friday and the late MKO Abiola is in the news, we decided to throwback to one of his 1993 election campaign jingles. watch the video below. Nigerians really missed the great business man in Africa.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Pretty002: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2018
Johnnyessence:
please how can i download and save on my phone?
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2018
People have forgotten that it was not only IBB & some powerful cabals in military & politics that were against June 12, Obasanjo was against MKO. They thought MKO would lose, but when intelligence reports filtered in across states, they stopped the release of the remaining states.

Obasanjo vehemently stood against the struggle, saying Abiola is not the Messiah. The problem of 1993 election started with the earlier nullification of party primary election where late Maj Gen Shehu Yaradua emerged as the flag bearer of SDP

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Deputy1111(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2018
tim1256:
Can someone just tell us why Babangida just because of personal differences with Abiola nullified that election?

You have said it ,,just because of personal difference with Abiola......Babangida actually wanted Tofa to take up the government.....what a shameless Babangida..
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Soulsymbol99: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2018
I actually sang along cool not 4 indonmie generation grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by ceeceeuwa: 9:59am On Jun 12, 2018
Nostalgia!
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by gazilion: 10:05am On Jun 12, 2018
This is so nostalgic and brings me back memory lane. I feel like weeping now seeing how far Nigeria has come.
It was a moment in History and a water shed that I will never forget. I was in JSS 2!
When the election was annulled, Many of us trekked from Iyana Oworo to Akoka Unilag to protest with the University Students.
Many people lost their lives. The 3rd mainland Bridge was blocked by protesters. The Police were helpless and supported the protest.
I don't know if we can get another free and fair election with a robust election campaign like this one. People voted with one voice across ethnic lines and without tribal sentiments. I thank God Nigeria survived it. It's a pity MKO died but God's plan for Nigeria will stand!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Deputy1111(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
I was pissed off when I saw one news that one of Abacha children wanted to contest for one post like that.

The generation of Abacha can never come out for any public offices again unless they redemeem that name....
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by MrI2015(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2018
That was when children in primary school were interested in politics, fun then.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Mustay(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Like it or not, Abacha is still revered especially in Kano. Go to Kano today 20 years after his death and you'll still see his signs. He remains a god there and I will not be surprised to see his produce win an election.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by lakefist(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Paperwhite:

"I tire for this life o, nah so so wahala.
Food o,nah headache,Hospital no work,
I tire for this life o.

SDP, SDP, SDP! Progress!
Abiola! Abiola!! Abiola!!! Progress!"

That advert reign then no be small. grin grin I swear the indomie generation will no have an idea of what this was all about.I was part of this struggle in Ibadan then.

Our black and white TV den suffer for this adverts. what a memory to behold. Am nostalgic right now.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by diadem10: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
An era where there was nothing like tribalism.

Nothing like, he is Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa.

We all voted because we believed that the person would change our lives.

But today, Buhari has brought tribalism, nepotism and hatred to and all high.
Jonathan brought tribalism and hatred while Buhari deepened it. Get your fact right and stop being economical with the truth.
Both Buhari and Jona are as useless as each other.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Oyindidi(f): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Small pikin grin
Lolz, I'm not that small. I don chop plenty Christmas
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by JMK9600(f): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
Waoh. This is beautiful. Though with mixed reactions. Crying and laughing. I love this song and the lyrics still stick. Not all these jagajaga political jingles.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Lolz, I'm not that small. I don chop plenty Christmas

Hahahaha... but I still be ur senior for politics and probably every every grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Oyindidi(f): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Hahahaha... but I still be ur senior for politics and probably every every grin
Elder, I salute you
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Elder, I salute you
Thank you small girl for respecting your elder grin You go live long
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Oyindidi(f): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
id911:

Thank you small girl for respecting your elder grin You go live long
Amengrin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by id911(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
Oyindidi:
Amengrin
grin
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Myself2(m): 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
DaBullIT:
Lalasticlala

This was the jingle for me then man,,,,,,,,, I still remember some NRC / Bashir Tofa supporters in my hostel block then in my university days that tried to bastardize the song by saying "MKO is our ram ooo" , well maybe they sang prophetically without knowing,cos just like the ram, MKO was sacrificed.
E no go better for Susan Rice, the CIA and oh well Abacha and his co conspirators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6vVSZ7wiE
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abeg who get NRC campaign video? That one was sweeter.
Re: MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
survivor1986:
Abeg who get NRC campaign video? That one was sweeter.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Government May Increase VAT To Fund New Minimum Wage / Senate Committee On Slapping / Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.