Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,822 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Whole Duty Of Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Whole Duty Of Man (591 Views)

Jesus, son of man? Read This. / Duty Of The Government / Duty Of Muslim!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Whole Duty Of Man by PastorAde: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2010
[center]The Whole Duty of Man[/center]

13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14)

God the Creator put man on earth and requires of him just two things: to fear God and to keep His commandment – this is the whole duty of man. This statement is true of the first man that inhabited this planet Earth. That man was Adam. God put him in the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. He was commanded of what trees he should eat of and the one he should abstain from. But the devil came into the Garden and deceived Eve who in turn gave of the forbidden fruit to Adam, thus breaking God’s commandment and choosing not to fear God (See Genesis 3: 1-6). In effect Adam failed in his duty.

The Preacher in the passage above reminds all men of their duty on earth – to fear God and to keep his commandments. Life is totally profitless without God-connectedness. Profit exists only for those who fear God and keep His commandments. This is the grand conclusion of the wisdom Preacher. The order in the original text is, “God thou shall fear.” Fear of God is that reverential awe that emerges when we, with our lack of holiness, are met with the righteous demands of His holiness (Isaiah 6). Its total effect is to produce in man an unquestioning obedience to all of God’s revealed will. Viewing God in this manner and complying with all of His revealed commandments is the inescapable duty of all men.

In verse 14 a further reason is given for practicing the fear of God and obeying His commandments. The Preacher announces a heavenly tribunal at which every work, and every secret thing shall be brought to judgment. There is coming a day of judgment when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ (Romans 2:16), bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and make manifest the counsels of every heart (I Cor. 4:5), a day when the absolute profit of every deed and thought will be assigned by that One who judges in righteousness and truth. But how shall you get a right judgment on that day?

16.For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn (judge) the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. 18. He that believes in Him is not condemned (judged): but he that believes not is condemned (judged) already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19. And this is the condemnation (judgment), that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3: 16-19, emphasis mine)

The above passage is simple and straight forward. God so much loves His creation that He gave Jesus, His only begotten Son. Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus did not come to condemn or judge the world, but to save the world. He that believes in Him is not judged: but he that believes not is judged already, and the judgment is that light (Jesus) is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.
Those who believe in Jesus Christ and maintain good works and righteous living need not fear the Day of Judgment, because the blood Jesus washes the believer from all sins. Those who reject Jesus are already judged. Their judgment is already determined. The truth is that God sent His Son to be the propitiation or legal satisfaction for the sins of the whole world. Those who accept Jesus and confess Him as Lord and Savior are cleansed and forgiven of their sins. But those who reject Jesus reject God’s love and provision for their salvation and thus go to hell. Which one will you choose? Heaven or hell? God or the devil? Justification or condemnation? If your choice is the positive, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Come into my heart, wash away my sins. Make me whiter than snow. I confess you as my Savior and Lord, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For further enquiries and counseling, write or call: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Email: josey500@yahoo.com. Tel: 2348033155417.

(1) (Reply)

Waiting Patiently / Things We Ought To Do / The Religion Of War Iii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.