Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) (45703 Views)

Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / The Night View Of Terminal 3 Of Oshodi Transport Interchange - Photos / Night View Of The Water Fountain At Abule Egba Jubilee Bridge(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by SlimOfy(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2018
Where are the industries? Let's not be deceived, that guy is just running us FORMAT

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by spencekat(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2018
Ayade is not working.
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by lexy2014: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
deliveryboy:

The people of Cross River are economically docile/lazy, you can hardly see 'Cross Riverian' outside his/her state, they hardly venture into anything or out of their comfort zone, most people referred to as Calabar are usually from neighboring Akwa Ibom. Oil revenue help sustain the state back then, all the wells were lost Akwa Ibom state after a Supreme Court ruling. How did I know this? Because I work on the same fields ceded to Akwa Ibom state. And that also explains the sudden economic and infrastructural growth enjoyed by Akwa Ibom.
if ur criteria 4 concluding that a people are lazy is because they don't travel out of their home state is faulty. If that was d criteria Germans who are very hardworking people would have been termed lazy cause they aren't d travelling type. D question I asked is y wasn't there cultism in dukes time? Y now? Were D governors that took over from duke not entitled to oil revenue? Is it oil revenue that prevents cultism? Is oil revenue d panacea 4 cultism? If u give all d money in d world 2a visionless governor will it make any difference?

2 Likes

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by dragonfish: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2018
Cross river is full of cultist and communal crisis..even they are fighting one community that share boundary with them in Ebonyi state...cross river wake up

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by Imhayuba: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2018
mycare:
Hmmm angry
I served in Calabar, Cross River for a year.
It happens to be that all we see in the media is different from what is real in the state.
Cross River is such a dilapidated state.
There is great decay in infrastructure; high rate of cultism; inter communal land dispute killing.
Even calabar is over hyped.
Ayade is doing nothing in that state. He travels outside the country more than his stay in the state.
Akwa Ibom that was carved from Cross River is far developed than Cross River.

Im currently serving in CRS mehn its nothing to write home about,No access to portable water even in calabar and Ikom except u have borehole, a state with water around it. I literally bathe in a stream.
Some parts have not seen electricity for the past 3years, Yet no sloar lamps to light up the streets at night! When u ask they say calabar fine na!, but that is just 2of your 18 LGA the rest na wash!
Shey Na transport i wan talk, around Ikom and Etung axis bruh na okada dem dy burn no cab no keke no bus, you can spend as high as 1k for bike on a single trip. Attimes i wonder if the governor is actually a Professor.
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by peacengine(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2018
Imhayuba:

Im currently serving in CRS mehn its nothing to write home about,No access to portable water even in calabar and Ikom except u have borehole, a state with water around it. I literally bathe in a stream.
Some parts have not seen electricity for the past 3years, Yet no sloar lamps to light up the streets at night! When u ask they say calabar fine na!, but that is just 2of your 18 LGA the rest na wash!
Shey Na transport i wan talk, around Ikom and Etung axis bruh na okada dem dy burn no cab no keke no bus, you can spend as high as 1k for bike on a single trip. Attimes i wonder if the governor is actually a Professor.

What of the roads in Ogoja, Boki and other areas? Dude what's wrong with using bikes in a place where roads are good and life is simple, people are contented? Ingrate, do comot for my state abeg

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by peacengine(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2018
deliveryboy:

The people of Cross River are economically docile/lazy, you can hardly see 'Cross Riverian' outside his/her state, they hardly venture into anything or out of their comfort zone, most people referred to as Calabar are usually from neighboring Akwa Ibom. Oil revenue help sustain the state back then, all the wells were lost Akwa Ibom state after a Supreme Court ruling. How did I know this? Because I work on the same fields ceded to Akwa Ibom state. And that also explains the sudden economic and infrastructural growth enjoyed by Akwa Ibom.

We are not like you cowards that claim asylum after reading update on Fulani herdsmen in blogs. We love our state and don't have greed here. No need to do yahoo yahoo or rituals with human skull like you do for money.We are simple, humble people who like quiet life unlike you, going around like a wanderer destroying Nigerian image all over the globe. Guy, round up whatever you are doing there and leave our state for us

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2018
Are they manufacturing sand and grass in this industrial?
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by deliveryboy: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2018
@peacengine, no one is trying to pull down cross rivers state, but we are only saying the obvious truth. I have been to Calabar carnival several times, I love the serenity of the town, but when things are going wrong it's normal for people to say it, the town is infested with cultism, it was a really cool town to live in but the same cannot be said today. You can't compare Germans who are members of G7 nations to Calabar (are you normal?) the town needs revamping economically, you could feel economic harmattan in the town. The town used to be the cleanest town in Nigeria, most states came to Calabar to model their environmental sanitation, but there now clean state in Nigeria while Calabar is littered with untended waste bins. please don't get pained when a fault is pointed out about cross river state.

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by deliveryboy: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2018
lexy2014:
if ur criteria 4 concluding that a people are lazy is because they don't travel out of their home state is faulty. If that was d criteria Germans who are very hardworking people would have been termed lazy cause they aren't d travelling type. D question I asked is y wasn't there cultism in dukes time? Y now? Were D governors that took over from duke not entitled to oil revenue? Is it oil revenue that prevents cultism? Is oil revenue d panacea 4 cultism? If u give all d money in d world 2a visionless governor will it make any difference?
No one is trying to pull down cross rivers state, but we are only saying the obvious truth. I have been to Calabar carnival several times, I love the serenity of the town, but when things are going wrong it's normal for people to say it, the town is infested with cultism, it was a really cool town to live in but the same cannot be said today. You can't compare Germans who are members of G7 nations to Calabar (are you normal?) the town needs revamping economically, you could feel economic harmattan in the town. The town used to be the cleanest town in Nigeria, most states came to Calabar to model their environmental sanitation, but there now clean state in Nigeria while Calabar is littered with untended waste bins. please don't get pained when a fault is pointed out about cross river state.

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by lexy2014: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
deliveryboy:

No one is trying to pull down cross rivers state, but we are only saying the obvious truth. I have been to Calabar carnival several times, I love the serenity of the town, but when things are going wrong it's normal for people to say it, the town is infested with cultism, it was a really cool town to live in but the same cannot be said today. You can't compare Germans who are members of G7 nations to Calabar [b](are you normal?)[/b]the town needs revamping economically, you could feel economic harmattan in the town. The town used to be the cleanest town in Nigeria, most states came to Calabar to model their environmental sanitation, but there now clean state in Nigeria while Calabar is littered with untended waste bins. please don't get pained when a fault is pointed out about cross river state.
first of, I believe u can make ur point without being disrespectful. I believe in superior argument. Present ur facts, I present mine. Let superior argument win. So pls, keep 2d topic with d utmost civility and maturity.

I didn't say u are trying 2 pull down cross rivers state. I said d criteria u used 2 judge them as being lazy is highly unreliable. U can't say because people don't travel outside their home state, then that makes them lazy. If that is d criteria, then that criteria should b universal and applicable whether in G7 or non G7 countries 2b valid. In this case, ur theory isn't valid.

All these problems u have highlighted about cross river state, cultism, poor infrastructure and break down in social services aren't d bone of contention. I am not contending whether these problems exist in cross river or not. D issue we are discussing is y is cross river experiencing them now? Y didn't d state experience these problems under duke? Y are we seeing these problems under d govt of Donald dukes successors?

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by Imhayuba: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
peacengine:

What of the roads in Ogoja, Boki and other areas? Dude what's wrong with using bikes in a place where roads are good and life is simple, people are contented? Ingrate, do comot for my state abeg

Since you can come up with a logical argument except insults! Bye!
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by terrence12(m): 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
mycare:
Hmmm angry
It happens to be that all we see in the media is different from what is real in the state.
There is great decay in infrastructure; high rate of cultism; inter communal land dispute killing.
Ayade is doing nothing in that state. He travels outside the country more than his stay in the state.

I'm a cross rivarian, if only I could meet you person. a chill bottle of Heineken is what you deserve, truer words haven't been spoken
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by flavunit: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
"Garment factory " please look at the picture very closely,you see any machineries,only sewng machines.Is only a giant tailors hall. They see cloths.
offiong187:
Garment factory performing absolutely well. Govt just procured 2buses for the staff to pick and drop them each day..
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by officialteemi(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Morizo:

Spot on bro. Everything Government says in Cross River is a very big scam. Ask anyone residing in the State. The State is at its worst since her creation
commenting frm calabar,bro...
his only project are on billboards..
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by rusher14: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
deliveryboy:

I totally agree with you that Donald Duke's leadership was best in class and his successors could not keep up the tempo and in fact lack any leadership acumen, even though Donald Duke had the luxury of oil revenue accrued to the state in his time. However, cult killings can not be attributed to failures of a governor, when leadership fails it's good we say it, when followers fail too, we diagnose it as it is and not shift blames on the leaders. The people their are lazy ( mentally and economically) hence, the manifestations of laziness.

Not completely true.

You can't say people that farm are lazy.

I do agree those in the "urban" areas see themselves as sophisticated and beyond crude jobs.

Cultism is a thing in which the southern youth indulge. Just as codeine, tramadol and skunk have become a thing for the Nigerian youth.

1 Like

Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by fero007: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
officialteemi:
i laff at anyone that believe AYADE is working.
cross river state now, bad to disaster..
ARGUE WITH UR LIFE

If you think Ayade is bad, what will say of Ifeanyi-Delta state governor, Edo and Bayelsa governors, even Wike's administration is overhyped by media
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by invectives(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
chronique:
Lol. Everytime we want to show how beautiful our naija cities are, we wait for night to snap pictures with beautiful lighting. Take pictures of the same place during the day and it would be nothing to write home about. Mediocrity is the order of the day.
There is nothing to write home about that place during the day..dusty and Sandy place.slow work whilst Frank Ayade (the governor's jnr brother)is fleecing the state via that project!!!
Re: Night View Of The Ayade Industrial Park In Calabar (Beautiful Photos) by Kbanka: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
mycare:
Hmmm angry

Yu sound like yu served in Calabar South �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Ritualist Causes Serious Accident Driving One Way (Video) / Opebi Lagos Helicopter Crash: Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu Condole With Families / Middle East-bound Cargo Ship Capsizes With 4,200 Hyundai And Kia Cars On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.