Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Please Help...i Am Being Roped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help...i Am Being Roped (639 Views)

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning / Nigeria Roped In As Multi- Million Euro Face Mask Scam Busted In Europe / Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre: ‘bishop’ Properly Roped (2) (3) (4)

Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
good evening. please I need the knowledge of others on this forum cause I don't understand this at all
I went to charge my phone at a bet9ja shop this evening.on getting there I met a Free socket but another phone was charging beside it. I plugged my phone and sat down with it while it got filled up.after it did I went home.
I dunno but something just made me stroll back to the shop later only to see the owner of the phone that was charging beside mine tell me that he had gone to my side to look for me and that his phone is missing and he wants me to provide those that were with me in the shop at the moment I was there.I told him that remembering those there at that moment was going to be hard and moreover that was not what I came to do there. we argued a bit then he called a soldier dude who came and tried investigating.myself and one other boy was in the shop aside others I can't really remember which were around when d soldier guy came.the soldier guy came and dropped two options
1, he drops me and the other boy at the station till morning when he is ready to attend to us cause according to him he is tired
2. let's just contribute anything we have and give d owner of the phone so the case dies away cause according to the soldier if e reach station money way we go pay go plenty pass that one
I was hooked at that point and was really terrified cause I hate police issue and it wasn't looking funny.. soldier even wanted to collect my phone when I was doing strong head. I couldn't get out of the situation so I agreed to pay part of the money which is 3k cause according to the guy DAT owns the phone he said d phone is 7k (its a Nokia n series phone).another reason I agreed to pay is I remembered I have a friend who has a navy brother and it was evident they wouldn't let me go unless I agreed and I really didn't want police wahala
I dunno if it's because I look gentle that's why am being picked on but I really feel pained that am going through something am totally innocent about. I agreed to pay 3k on Monday but d Navy guy said I should let him see d soldier guy and d owner of the phone tomorrow. please any suggestions on how to tackle this ruckus am in? any fellow Force personnel dat can help me please? p.s -am d only one paying o they let d other boy go cause he's too small and doesn't have money
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by consultancy: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
luck is on your side as u have a navy friend too. so wait until tomorrow then see the outcome of the meeting between the navy and soldier guy.

Modified: Again, considering the nature of our society today, u should have called d attention of someone to the phone before you left, instead of leaving it just like that and walking away, knowin fully well that another person may pick it up and you will be called the thief. I would have said pay d 3k for your foolishness/carelessness, count your losses and move on, but the other guy is not paying his. so insist you wont pay yours too. when going for the meeting do not go with your phone or any valuable so that they wont have anything to seize from you
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
please any suggestion please am really bothered
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2018
consultancy:
luck is on your side as u have a navy friend too. so wait until tomorrow then see the outcome of the meeting between the navy and soldier guy

that's the thing bro
there was a third guy in this issue
while the soldier guy was talking to me the guy appeared but the guy and I work in the same place but different departments. when I said I will drop 3k on Monday soldier nau said i should give the money to the guy that works in my side an since the phone is worth 7k that he too will just add to it and give d guy DAT owns the phone. even the guy that works in my side too said he will drop something to it too
what does that say?
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 11:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
consultancy:
luck is on your side as u have a navy friend too. so wait until tomorrow then see the outcome of the meeting between the navy and soldier guy.

Modified: Again, considering the nature of our society today, u should have called d attention of someone to the phone before you left, instead of leaving it just like that and walking away, knowin fully well that another person may pick it up and you will be called the thief. I would have said pay d 3k for your foolishness/carelessness, count your losses and move on, but the other guy is not paying his. so insist you wont pay yours too. when going for the meeting do not go with your phone or any valuable so that they wont have anything to seize from you

bro
I Neva knew that guy was the owner of the phone. understand me well sir there was no agreement between myself and anyone to watch the phone. the place is a public place and i went to charge there like any other person.I didn't focus on the phone cause I felt it wasnt mine and have my own mission there
concerning the foolishness sir I agreed to pay cause soldier guy was almost becoming aggressive.it was either I agree or he collects my phone and I didn't want that.so I accepted
and another reason is I wanted to quickly reach d Navy guy cause if I don't accept I wasn't gonna leave anytime soon
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by ChiefAzubuike(f): 11:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
yakh:
good evening. please I need the knowledge of others on this forum cause I don't understand this at all
I went to charge my phone at a bet9ja shop this evening.on getting there I met a Free socket but another phone was charging beside it. I plugged my phone and sat down with it while it got filled up.after it did I went home.
I dunno but something just made me stroll back to the shop later only to see the owner of the phone that was charging beside mine tell me that he had gone to my side to look for me and that his phone is missing and he wants me to provide those that were with me in the shop at the moment I was there.I told him that remembering those there at that moment was going to be hard and moreover that was not what I came to do there. we argued a bit then he called a soldier dude who came and tried investigating.myself and one other boy was in the shop aside others I can't really remember which were around when d soldier guy came.the soldier guy came and dropped two options
1, he drops me and the other boy at the station till morning when he is ready to attend to us cause according to him he is tired
2. let's just contribute anything we have and give d owner of the phone so the case dies away cause according to the soldier if e reach station money way we go pay go plenty pass that one
I was hooked at that point and was really terrified cause I hate police issue and it wasn't looking funny.. soldier even wanted to collect my phone when I was doing strong head. I couldn't get out of the situation so I agreed to pay part of the money which is 3k cause according to the guy DAT owns the phone he said d phone is 7k (its a Nokia n series phone).another reason I agreed to pay is I remembered I have a friend who has a navy brother and it was evident they wouldn't let me go unless I agreed and I really didn't want police wahala
I dunno if it's because I look gentle that's why am being picked on but I really feel pained that am going through something am totally innocent about. I agreed to pay 3k on Monday but d Navy guy said I should let him see d soldier guy and d owner of the phone tomorrow. please any suggestions on how to tackle this ruckus am in? any fellow Force personnel dat can help me please? p.s -am d only one paying o they let d other boy go cause he's too small and doesn't have money
How old are you pls?
For you to have been cheaply swindled shows you must be a kid.
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by consultancy: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
yakh:

bro
I Neva knew that guy was the owner of the phone. understand me well sir there was no agreement between myself and anyone to watch the phone. the place is a public place and i went to charge there like any other person.I didn't focus on the phone cause I felt it wasnt mine and have my own mission there
concerning the foolishness sir I agreed to pay cause soldier guy was almost becoming aggressive.it was either I agree or he collects my phone and I didn't want that.so I accepted
and another reason is I wanted to quickly reach d Navy guy cause if I don't accept I wasn't gonna leave anytime soon
what i meant about notifying someone of the phone is this: if u are in a place where a valuable of any sort is left carelessly, and you are about to leave such a place, common sense should tell you to notify other people of the presence of that item there. this is to absolve yourself of any blames if it gets missing after you must have left. now in your case, the phone was stolen after you left, and they are now telling you to pay for it. believe me, if you had called the attention of others to the phone, nobody will be sayin all these nonsense to you now
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

How old are you pls?
For you to have been cheaply swindled shows you must be a kid.

I know
am really sorry. I guess it's the fear of going to the cops and me not wanting it to be exposed because of my dad is what made me try keeping it on the low
but I wanna damn d consequences now so please stop the insults and help me get out of this mess please
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 12:00am On Jun 09, 2018
consultancy:
what i meant about notifying someone of the phone is this: if u are in a place where a valuable of any sort is left carelessly, and you are about to leave such a place, common sense should tell you to notify other people of the presence of that item there. this is to absolve yourself of any blames if it gets missing after you must have left. now in your case, the phone was stolen after you left, and they are now telling you to pay for it. believe me, if you had called the attention of others to the phone, nobody will be sayin all these nonsense to you now

that's true bro
u absolutely right
I didn't really put any thought on the phone at all
I just came to charge mine and left Immediately
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by ChiefAzubuike(f): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2018
yakh:

I know
am really sorry. I guess it's the fear of going to the cops and me not wanting it to be exposed because of my dad is what made me try keeping it on the low
but I wanna damn d consequences now so please stop the insults and help me get out of this mess please
Where did this incident happen?
The person accusing you, is he a student or some random tout?
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Where did this incident happen?
The person accusing you, is he a student or some random tout?

random tout
he came to play game In the shop
location is pako itire Lagos.
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by ChiefAzubuike(f): 12:06am On Jun 09, 2018
yakh:

random tout
he came to play game In the shop
Where did it happen?
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Where did it happen?
pako itire Lagos
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by ChiefAzubuike(f): 12:11am On Jun 09, 2018
yakh:

pako itire Lagos
Are you a student or graduate?
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 12:14am On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Are you a student or graduate?
student
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by orbgoblin: 1:19am On Jun 09, 2018
soldier guy could be an impostor. Don't be surprised if he suddenly disappears when he hears meeting with a real navy personnel.
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by SultanYoung: 1:50am On Jun 09, 2018
A word of advice for you Mr save your self the stress,regrets,shame and humiliation you may encounter if you refuse to comply take it as price you pay to get that experience
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 1:55am On Jun 09, 2018
orbgoblin:
soldier guy could be an impostor. Don't be surprised if he suddenly disappears when he hears meeting with a real navy personnel.

I thought so too
though the soldier guy is also someone I know. he stayed in my area before but he moved to another street.I really feel disappointed in myself
I didn't want the issue to escalate cos of my dad(hez kind of sick, don't wanna make his bp rise ) and my reputation too but the mere thought of me paying for what I didn't buy is annoying me now
I want justice
Re: Please Help...i Am Being Roped by yakh(m): 1:56am On Jun 09, 2018
SultanYoung:
A word of advice for you Mr save your self the stress,regrets,shame and humiliation you may encounter if you refuse to comply take it as price you pay to get that experience

what are you trying to say sir?

Popular Man Of God Is Murdered 2 Days Before His Son's Dedication / Police Officer Ambushed & Killed By Kidnappers In Kaduna Buried Amidst Tears(pix / 400L Student Of Michael Okpara University Commits Suicide [graphic Photos]

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51