Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

How To Get First Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Get First Class? (744 Views)

Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get First Class? by okpak2ochuko(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2018
yeah. I want to ask, like in my school ,everyone Is a jacker,they spend more than 6 hours a day reading,but in the end,first class students are always less. In some department, not more than 3 self or just 1 or 2.
what is the secret key to first class that some student don't know ?
I believed there are first class student on this forum ,pls tell us ur secret .
Re: How To Get First Class? by davbravo(m): 8:10am On Jun 09, 2018
okpak2ochuko:
yeah. I want to ask, like in my school ,everyone Is a jacker,they spend more than 6 hours a day reading,but in the end,first class students are always less. In some department, not more than 3 self or just 1 or 2.
what is the secret key to first class that some student don't know ?
I believed there are first class student on this forum ,pls tell us ur secret .
Let me say "Natural Brilliance" is one. That aside, it's not just about reading for 6 hours... I can tell you I barely read for up to 3 hours a day (apart from Incourse and Exam periods) , there are days I don't even read due to laziness. But when I am, I make sure I focus all my attention on my books within this short period of reading without any distractions(one of the reasons I hate reading around people). And don't follow the crowd. Just because you see all your mates going for Overnight(Night reading) doesn't mean you should, try to understand yourself and know what works best for you. For me, I assimilate faster Early in the morning. I can tell you I've never done Night reading, I'll end up not assimilating or dozing off. Also, don't depend on past questions for an exam. I'm not saying you shouldn't practice past questions, you just have to be prepared for all circumstances. You don't want to end up being disappointed when the questions are changed. You also need to understand your lecturers and the way they want their questions to be answered, some will want you to write what they gave you word for word, some expect you to write your own view/opinion or write something extra, others may expect you to do both (never depend on what the lecturer gives in class alone). But I do both most of the time just to be on a safer side...
Always aim for A no matter how tough the course is, anything apart from A is an enemy of first class(If I can put it that way) grin
This is just a summary of all I have to say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get First Class? by finalyeartopics: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Get Free Project Topics and Materials in Nigeria | Project Topics for Final year Student | Download Complete Projects( Chapter 1-5)
We assist final year students with quality, well researched, reliable and ready made project work. Our materials are recent, Complete (Abstract, chapter 1 -5, with references) and well written.
Simply visit www.projectng.com select your department, choose from our list of topics available and fill in your data to download.

Download Project Materials to your Email

We attach and forward the project material to your email address.
Simply visit https://projectng.com/emailproject
Enter Email address to receive the complete material in your email.

Re: How To Get First Class? by okpak2ochuko(m): 12:10am On Jun 10, 2018
davbravo:
Let me say "Natural Brilliance" is one. That aside, it's not just about reading for 6 hours... I can tell you I barely read for up to 3 hours a day (apart from Incourse and Exam periods) , there are days I don't even read due to laziness. But when I am, I make sure I focus all my attention on my books within this short period of reading without any distractions(one of the reasons I hate reading around people). And don't follow the crowd. Just because you see all your mates going for Overnight(Night reading) doesn't mean you should, try to understand yourself and know what works best for you. For me, I assimilate faster Early in the morning. I can tell you I've never done Night reading, I'll end up not assimilating or dozing off. Also, don't depend on past questions for an exam. I'm not saying you shouldn't practice past questions, you just have to be prepared for all circumstances. You don't want to end up being disappointed when the questions are changed. You also need to understand your lecturers and the way they want their questions to be answered, some will want you to write what they gave you word for word, some expect you to write your own view/opinion or write something extra, others may expect you to do both (never depend on what the lecturer gives in class alone). But I do both most of the time just to be on a safer side...
Always aim for A no matter how tough the course is, anything apart from A is an enemy of first class(If I can put it that way) grin
This is just a summary of all I have to say

Thank you. I learnt one or two things
Re: How To Get First Class? by Ocheinstein(m): 3:08am On Jun 10, 2018
There is no manual anywhere absolutely made for becoming a first class student, all you need do is, study very hard, have a target, work towards it and while doing that, pray faa! All these won't work if you don't think possible...
Re: How To Get First Class? by davbravo(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2018
okpak2ochuko:

Thank you. I learnt one or two things
You're welcome
Re: How To Get First Class? by Ayandaseyi(m): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2018
Direct Entry students are usually the scholars, Go directly into 200 level.. Join us today

(1) (Reply)

Benue State School Of Nursing Admission Form2018/2019 / Coca-cola Scholars Program Scholarship, 2019 / Study On Low Tuition In Dominican Republic: Cost Of Living, Application Requirem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.