Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... (37478 Views)

Linda Osifo: I Tried Surgery To Remove My Tribal Marks (Photo) / Afeez Owo: Friends Gave Mide Martins Wrong Advice To Ruin Our Marriage / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2018
BluntBoy:
Ladyhippolyta88, how about tribal marks for our children??
Hahahaha funny you.

Are you kidding me?
Please that one cannot be on our children's faces biko.

No offence to people with tribal marks it does fit some of you and make you look beautiful and handsome.
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Gggg102(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2018
eezeribe:
Traditional practice that permanently scars, mutilates and disfigures a person's God given smooth face...
Not minding the pains the 'victim' would go through; especially the one's mutilated at infancy...
These are the kind of practices that would still make the white man call us barbaric...
If you have the money, you can opt for plastic surgery; although most enlightened and civilised families have done away with this archaic practice.

What of traditional practice that permanently scars, mutilates and disfigured a person's God given smooth pe.nis...

Not minding the pains the victims will go through; especially the ones mutilated at infancy.

Are those who practice them barbaric?
Can plastic surgery fix it?
How many enlightened people have done away with this practice?
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by ELgordo(m): 11:32am On Jun 09, 2018
Afonjaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2018
Sand Paper Ewwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2018
I think d tribal mark is being unfair to d kid...u make someone grow up with lines on d face. Bad tradition
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by killuminati(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

How will the caliphate identify them if it stops...
It's tradition and can't be stopped
WTF!
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by LZAA: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Kayus4real:
One noticeable feature of popular Nollywood actor , Afeez Abiodun popularly known as Afeez Owo are the tribal marks on his face . While some might argue that he would have been more handsome without them , the actor begs to differ as he told Saturday Beats that he had to face reality and accept what his parents created on his face .

He opened up that initially as a young boy , he disliked the marks and went to the extent of using sandpaper to get rid of them all to no avail simply because he was always taunted by bus conductors .

Owo added that he would never allow anyone inflict such scars on the face of his children.

“ I am very comfortable with my tribal marks now and if anything ever wipes them off my face, I would feel bare or naked and my fans would not recognise me . While I was growing up in Surulere, there were a lot of times I was teased by people because of my tribal marks . They abused me so much but I did not care; today my tribal mark is my trademark. There was a time people teased me so much that I attempted to use sandpaper to wipe them off especially when bus conductors insulted me about it. They always picked on me and called me various names but I thank God for who I am today. I am also glad I did not get rid of the tribal marks . There is no insult anyone can dish out to me over my tribal marks that would hurt my feelings . Although I like my tribal marks , I can never allow anyone to give my children tribal marks , ” he said .

The thespian went down memory lane with Saturday Beats as he spoke about how his parents did not support his career and he had to sponsor his education when he was in primary school .
“ When I started my acting career, it was rough and tough . The first challenge I faced was from my parents who felt I did not know what I was doing with my life . I lived with them in Oyo State and they felt that I ought to go to school to study . They weren’ t pleased with me , so they backed off and I had to finance my education from Primary 5 till I got to Form 5 . When I got to Lagos, I had to fend for myself as well . I got a little place on Randle Avenue , Surulere and whenever I was going for rehearsals , I trekked from my house in Surulere to Saka Tinubu , Victoria Island . I never knew that I would become someone in life . I just went with hope and I had it in mind that if I passed out while trekking either to the venue or back home , then so be it. I got a breakthrough in 1998 and two years later , I produced my first movie , ” Afeez Owo said .

http://punchng.com/i-tried-using-sandpaper-to-get-rid-of-my-tribal-marks-afeez-owo/
Omololu007,Roger3D and bamoski4real wee hate this grin grin grin
Nobody likes the tiger claw thingy
Cc immhotep iceberg3 DaBullIT pointzerom

3 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Moorish: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2018
I just sighted a thousand igbo men running into this house with lube oil in their hands

They are coming here to masturbate on this thread

To my igbo bros, enjoy

To the yoruba Gs, remember that the one that hates is the suffering one

Channel the negativity you receive from your enemies into industry

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by contigiency(m): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2018
You must have metal for a skin for you to have thought of using sandpaper in the first place

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by AwolowoAssLicker(f): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
you should have try raw acid
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by youngadab(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
eyahhhhh
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by yhungbrowhne(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
the day my mum told me that they are suposse to put tribal mark on my face because am there only son i look at her and was like. if u try it i will kill everyone

order fo your male and female footware

whatsapp 08120292561

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Reni1: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
eezeribe:
Traditional practice that permanently scars, mutilates and disfigures a person's God given smooth face...
Not minding the pains the 'victim' would go through; especially the one's mutilated at infancy...
These are the kind of practices that would still make the white man call us barbaric...
If you have the money, you can opt for plastic surgery; although most enlightened and civilised families have done away with this archaic practice.

Friend, Times have changed and the need for the marks no longer exists. There was a time you needed the mark to guaranty your safety and identify with a clan. Whether we like it or not, it’s part of our history as a people, as black people. I agree with you it’s not needed in a globalized world.
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Lilimax(f): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
Anybody that mutilates a child's face in the name of tribal mark should be arrested. sad
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Macon1212: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sulphuric Acid would have worked for you but it is not too late you can try Hydrochloric Acid!
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by KunlePrism(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
grayht:
Tribal marks are Artistic Nomenclature grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Our yoruba brothers.

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by DONADAMS(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
azraeljaheel:
I feel your pain bro...

Back in year one then I had no beards... Although till now e still dey scanty grin Then I was desperate a friend of mine told me to use crayfish to pierce my jaw and apply methelated spirit grin...

Truth is i did it... But nothing comot ... cry

Lesson== be happy the way God created you cool
God created you with tribal marks?
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
elopee3000:
mr man aki and pawpaws own is from creation afiz own is man made conddemn your culture is evil culture angry angry angry angry angry

Whether from creation or creatures, when you have an irreversible lot in life, you appreciate it if you want your life to appreciate in value. Try and read my post with understanding and not with prejudiced view. The life mentioned in "when life gives you lemon " could be from creation, other creatures or the created himself.

Hating yourself over what you cannot correct will make you sink with the object of hate itself.

Which tribe did not even make tribal marks on their children before? Tell me and I will send you an album of examples.
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
DONADAMS:
God created you with tribal marks?

Error seekers.... You Sha get my point cool
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by DONADAMS(m): 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
azraeljaheel:

Error seekers.... You Sha get my point cool
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by BluntBoy(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Hahahaha funny you.

Are you kidding me?
Please that one cannot be on our children's faces biko.

No offence to people with tribal marks it does fit some of you and make you look beautiful and handsome.

I was pulling your leg, my Queen cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo, Yomi Casual And Bryan Okwara Pose With Their Cars (Photo) / AY, Korede Bello, And Okey Bakassi At A Restaurant In London (Photo) / Google Gifts Dj Cuppy Pixel Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.