Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... (37462 Views)

Linda Osifo: I Tried Surgery To Remove My Tribal Marks (Photo) / Afeez Owo: Friends Gave Mide Martins Wrong Advice To Ruin Our Marriage / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Kayus4real: 7:17am On Jun 09, 2018
One noticeable feature of popular Nollywood actor , Afeez Abiodun popularly known as Afeez Owo are the tribal marks on his face . While some might argue that he would have been more handsome without them , the actor begs to differ as he told Saturday Beats that he had to face reality and accept what his parents created on his face .

He opened up that initially as a young boy , he disliked the marks and went to the extent of using sandpaper to get rid of them all to no avail simply because he was always taunted by bus conductors .

Owo added that he would never allow anyone inflict such scars on the face of his children.

“ I am very comfortable with my tribal marks now and if anything ever wipes them off my face, I would feel bare or naked and my fans would not recognise me . While I was growing up in Surulere, there were a lot of times I was teased by people because of my tribal marks . They abused me so much but I did not care; today my tribal mark is my trademark. There was a time people teased me so much that I attempted to use sandpaper to wipe them off especially when bus conductors insulted me about it. They always picked on me and called me various names but I thank God for who I am today. I am also glad I did not get rid of the tribal marks . There is no insult anyone can dish out to me over my tribal marks that would hurt my feelings . Although I like my tribal marks , I can never allow anyone to give my children tribal marks , ” he said .

The thespian went down memory lane with Saturday Beats as he spoke about how his parents did not support his career and he had to sponsor his education when he was in primary school .
“ When I started my acting career, it was rough and tough . The first challenge I faced was from my parents who felt I did not know what I was doing with my life . I lived with them in Oyo State and they felt that I ought to go to school to study . They weren’ t pleased with me , so they backed off and I had to finance my education from Primary 5 till I got to Form 5 . When I got to Lagos, I had to fend for myself as well . I got a little place on Randle Avenue , Surulere and whenever I was going for rehearsals , I trekked from my house in Surulere to Saka Tinubu , Victoria Island . I never knew that I would become someone in life . I just went with hope and I had it in mind that if I passed out while trekking either to the venue or back home , then so be it. I got a breakthrough in 1998 and two years later , I produced my first movie , ” Afeez Owo said .

http://punchng.com/i-tried-using-sandpaper-to-get-rid-of-my-tribal-marks-afeez-owo/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by eezeribe(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2018
Traditional practice that permanently scars, mutilates and disfigures a person's God given smooth face...
Not minding the pains the 'victim' would go through; especially the one's mutilated at infancy...
These are the kind of practices that would still make the white man call us barbaric...
If you have the money, you can opt for plastic surgery; although most enlightened and civilised families have done away with this archaic practice.

63 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Tribal marks are Artistic Nomenclature grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by eezeribe(m): 7:26am On Jun 09, 2018
lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Lol cheesy grin, now this is funny!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Donald95(m): 7:38am On Jun 09, 2018
Try hypo, That's what I used and it's working

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by itspzpics(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Lol
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Joshmodest(m): 7:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Donald95:
Try hypo, That's what I used and it's working

Let him kuku use chlorine direct instead of hypo

12 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by inoki247: 10:19am On Jun 09, 2018
use Saw Blade e go work wella... or chain saw..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by soberdrunk(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2018
Kai!! I wonder who came up with the idea of slashing faces.......... angry

3 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Edu3Again: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2018
I beg dem still dey do tribal marks?
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Lexusgs430: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2018
If I was abused with tribal marks, those that did it....... I say no more....

3 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Moneyspeakingz: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Who this information help?
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
The deed is done already and I know you may be thinking of plastic surgery.

But the tribal marks have earned you roles in movies. If life gives you lemon, then turn it to lemonade.

Look at Aki and Pawpaw, the stature they once saw as a curse eventually gave them fame and fortunes.

Instead of concentrating on insults from the tribal marks, use them more to your advantage.

Whether you believe or not, the marks have given you recognition and rewards.

15 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by emeejinsm: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
And never you do that to your kids
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by zombieHUNTER: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
You are ruined my dear
It's a mark of Fulani slavery

Live with it

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Say No to tribal marks

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by zombieHUNTER: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Edu3Again:
I beg dem still dey do tribal marks?

How will the caliphate identify them if it stops...
It's tradition and can't be stopped

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:21am On Jun 09, 2018
Gees,confession time...blessing time.. some peeps has begining to be ashamed of their true heritage..I'm not surprised.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Thoryeeb(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2018
mad man
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by kpaofame: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2018
grin

Abeg oo this one is funny

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by moscobabs(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2018
World has realy changed o, The rich and inflencial people were the ones that give tribal marks on their children faces then and I used to jealous then.

I remember in the 80s when i was living with my grandma, I cried home that fateful day when one of my classmates abused me that we are poor thats why i dont have tribal marks, then my grandma promised to put the mark on my cheeks but when she send letter to discus it with my dad in lagos and my mum too heard it they both disagree.

I tot my parent didnt love me then. Today I thank God didnt put it on my face.

But to be sincere Tribal marks is pride to Yoruba. I love the one in my dad face.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2018
Who gave you the tribal mark?
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Inehmesit: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2018
Even Olamide has it. so?......
Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by melodyogonna(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2018
WTF??!! cheesy
Tribal tattoo republic grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by zombieHUNTER: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2018
post=68312992:
Lol cheesy grin, now this is funny!

That's how you people deceive the SW

6 Likes

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Celestyn8213: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2018
I no wan laff no I can't help it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Afeez Owo: My Tribal Marks Got Me Insulted, I Tried Using Sandpaper To Remove... by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2018
I feel your pain bro...

Back in year one then I had no beards... Although till now e still dey scanty grin Then I was desperate a friend of mine told me to use crayfish to pierce my jaw and apply methelated spirit grin...

Truth is i did it... But nothing comot ... cry

Lesson== be happy the way God created you cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jo Pearl: “I Ended My Relationship With Burna Boy Because Of My Mental Health” / Portable Tells His Wife, Bewaji Ewatomi To Change Her Birthday Post Or Pack Out / Dammy Krane Speaks On His Arrest in US After Being Released From Prison (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.