Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (43223 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by TMemos: 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
nwabobo:

How are you sure this is his authentic Facebook page?

Bring the authentic one to prove this wrong since you're not proud of the content of this one.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by dudebuck: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
hidee20:

Bros,where did you see NIGERIAN in his comment? undecided.For all I care he could mean "PATRIOTIC BIAFRAN" cause of his other statement concerning the music industry.
This is how you people fail very simple JAMB and WAEC English questions. Go and read his posts again!
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by dudebuck: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
hidee20:

No,it means cause they are your blood you want them to be as successful or even more successful in that particular area than those other kids even if they aren't cut out for it.So,tell me how that makes you a fair dad(DETRIBALIZED NIGERIAN).
You have already answered the question.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by nwabobo: 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
TMemos:

Bring the authentic one to prove this wrong since you're not proud of the content of this one.

How are you sure he has a Facebook profile?
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by OChimex: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
TheAngry1:
Nothing here surprises me. I have said it several times on this platform that the Igbos are Nigeria's most bigoted ethnic group. No matter how 'educated' an Igbo man is, Yorubas would always be 'ndi ofe nmanu', while Hausas would continue to be 'cows'. God is just indeed; imagine that Lagos, Abuja or Calabar were Southeastern states, they would have been inhabited by Igbos ONLY...I await your senseless insults Chinedu and Sons.

U sound like a semi illiterate. Your statement oozes bigotry, full of fallacy of generalization which makes it ignorant, and lack basic argumentative logic.
In as much as I condemn strongly the belittling of any person or group of persons no matter where he is from, and still condemn the first statement attributed to him where he called Yoruba's contemptible names which is so unprofessional; that is if he really wrote it; I still believe there are exception to any rule. Check out most of Linda Ikeji's employees and beneficiaries of her philanthropic projects - they are Yoruba's.
Come to the east, most tailors are Yoruba's and are well patronized by the Igbo's which I personally am included.

So please take away such mindset it creates tension the more. See a criminal as a criminal and not as a tribe.

One Love.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:
no Yoruba man will have a masterpiece like things fall apart!!! Achebe also criticized zik!

That's because you are limited to only Igbo authors.

A man that boasts that his father's farm is the biggest should take time out to visit other people's fathers' farms.

As at primary five I had already devoured all of Chinua Achebe's books.

Especially the trilogy.

Arrow of God

Things fall apart and

No Longer at Ease.

He was a fine author no doubt but he was a bigot.

I learnt he played a crucial part in the war as the propaganda chief for Biafra.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
LZAA:

Lol
Wait what now,a nobel prize?
Chinua's things fall apart tears any book soyinka wrote to pieces although kongi is a top writer
At bolded real soon

According to your opinion.

I'd rather go with the opinion of the Nobel prize committee.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by tishbite41(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
ElsonMorali:

That's because you are limited to only Igbo authors.

A man that boasts that his father's farm is the biggest should take time out to visit other people's fathers' farms.

As at primary five I had already devoured all of Chinua Achebe's books.

Especially the trilogy.

Arrow of God

Things fall apart and

No Longer at Ease.

He was a fine author no doubt but he was a bigot.

I learnt he played a crucial part in the war as the propaganda chief for Biafra.
go and check the numbers. men lie , women lie , numbers don't!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:

Number of what?

Awards won our books written?
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:

Number of what?

Awards won or books written?
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by tishbite41(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Number of what?

Awards won or books written?
things fall apart numbers. best selling book written by a black man!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by LZAA: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
ElsonMorali:

According to your opinion.

I'd rather go with the opinion of the Nobel prize committee.
Ok mr nobel grin
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:
things fall apart numbers. best selling book written by a black man!!!

Please remind me again, why are we arguing about this?
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
nwabobo:

How are you sure he has a Facebook profile?

People who call others Cowards are the worst Cowards themselves.

They are always boasting about how they will take Nigeria down. One blow, seven die. Yet he can't stand proudly by his words. Shior.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by tishbite41(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Please remind me again, why are we arguing about this?
lol, u were talking Achebe being a bigot and being beaten by Soyinka to d Nobel prize! am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ElsonMorali: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:
lol, u were talking Achebe being a bigot and being beaten by Soyinka to d Nobel prize! am I wrong?

Oh yes. He was a bigot. A fine writer no doubt but a bigot.

I don't know how many books he sold. But he did write good books.

But he was a bigot. And he didn't win a Nobel. tongue
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by tishbite41(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Oh yes. He was a bigot. A fine writer no doubt but a bigot.

I don't know how many books he sold. But he did write good books.

But he was a bigot. And he didn't win a Nobel. tongue
typical afonja, I asked u to check numbers(which u did n saw that it was overwhelming). nw u want to deviate from that. kudos for ur wayo! but u ain't smart enough. Nobel or no Nobel, things fall apart is bigger than Soyinka's entire work. mention me wen u have facts that say otherwise!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
TMemos:
How can a Chairman, Editorial Board of a newspaper be calling the VP a fake pastor and be promoting hate and tribalism?
You can go on deceiving yourself.

Ochereome hitting the bull's eye back to back to back...
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
And with ppl like him at the helm of many of our newspapers and TV stations, how then would you expect unbiased objective reporting?
Channels, AIT, Silverbird etc all owned and controlled by southern PDP Christians with a grudge against the president, his tribe, region and religion - what else do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
utenwuson:
and what has his post got to do with his job?
Help me ask all the brainless, emotional wrecks here who cant sieve the wheat from the chaff.

If all journalists in Nigeria are as bold as this man, the madness going on here would have been a thing of the past.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
Iblad0994:
Can you see what he said.
God should save us from enemies within our region.
Majority of them live in the Southwest, and yet they harbor so much hate in their heart towards the Yorubas.
Stop the cheap blackmail. There is nothing wrong with the remark he made.

He was only tasking his people to improve their artistic talent/creativity.

If you can't live with that, that is your problem..

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Babacele:
sane folks have been complaining about the deliberate mischievousness of Vanguard in recent time that fall short of even the standards of gutter journalism. Who knows whether he has been the face behind the pro PDP unprofessional masquerade of a supposedly unbiased tabloid?
Whatever catches your fancy...
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
seunmsg:
This is just shameful. Hopefully, the management of vanguard newspaper will sack this bigot immediately. Shameful! embarassed

Like I wrote on another thread earlier today, Igbo people really need to do a serious soul searching. The level of hatred oozing out of their minds against Yoruba's and other tribes in Nigeria is really worrisome. Politics shouldn't lead to this level of emotional hatred.
Nobody is getting sacked here.

Are the Igbos getting hateful or are you guys getting unnecessarily jumpy with being confronted with what you don't want to hear?

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by Winning123: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Idiot! You will not see anything bad in what the bastard wrote. He is a tribal bigot and I can tell you, he is finished for calling Yorubas morons
HungerBAD:
But what exactly did he say that is bad?

He just stated the truth and nothing else.

He deserves an accolade.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:
The old bastard pig was caught here lying pants down. Football hooligans doing their thing and he posts the video claiming they were Muslims.

We need that Social Media bill now more than ever. Beasts like this thing should be held accountable for their deliberate acts of incitement.
What nonsense are you talking about?

A friend living in the UK sent me that video clip. Those guys were no football hooligans.

Stop spreading falsehood!
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by fuckpro: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
lordtosan:
Kindly show us proof. Nigerians are wiser than buying hear-says.

Buhari whose jobless son could afford bikes running into 100 of millions is the saint?

There is one thing you can never take away from Donald Duke, he gave Cross Rivers State a big face lift and left them with good foundation to built on. Show me what Buhari has done.
...ask the then accountant general of the state an ICAN fellow who took him to court for failing to play along and early retirement meted him
...my brother there are no Nigerian politician who hands are clean
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
diegwu02:
grin grin grin

Poor judgement at its peak. the bloke is a very bitter man to work as a journalist.
Nothing wrong with one having his personal opinion, but when you sit on some positions, you should show some maturity and restraint.
Sadly he has dragged himself and the Organization he works for to disrepute and infamy.

I am Ibo, and unfortunately, most of my People are like this.
I would keep saying, when it is time for the Ibos to have a shot at the Nigerian presidency. Igboland may implode from self induced Fracas, bitterness, hate and Greed
You can keep your silly and self-serving remarks to your self.

Ochereome is a courageous man who stands for something. He refuses to dorn the toga of political correctness.

A cowardly Igbo remains deplorable though...

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by TMemos: 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
maestroferddi:

A friend living in the UK sent me that video clip. Those guys were no football hooligans.

You're the one spreading falsehood.

Your UK friend lied to you and you swallowed it.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by maestroferddi: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2018
TMemos:

You're the one spreading falsehood.

Your UK friend lied to you and you swallowed it.
You are ignored.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by TMemos: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2018
maestroferddi:
You can go on deceiving yourself.

Ochereome hitting the bull's eye back to back to back...

His career has also hit the bull's eye
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by TMemos: 12:07am On Jun 10, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are ignored.

See who is talking.

Your so called friend served you hot lies from the UK and you gobbled it up without questions.

It shows who you really are..

Damn!

Nigeria is in trouble with the kind of youth parading themselves as educated

https://www.boomlive.in/football-fans-vandalism-video-being-shared-as-muslims-rioting-in-birmingham/
Re: Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board by TMemos: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2018
maestroferddi:

Now will you tender an apology like a good boy for spreading hate and falsehood?

You also need to be wary of that your "UK friend" if he exists at all.

Go and sin no more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership / Sadiya Umar Debunks Marriage Rumour / Picture Of Aisha Buhari, Remi Tinubu & Nana Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.