Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

First Ever American To Win Dubai Quran Award (2018 Edition)-Ahmed Burhan Mohamed - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / First Ever American To Win Dubai Quran Award (2018 Edition)-Ahmed Burhan Mohamed (666 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Abdulrahman Yahaya Threatens Kadaria Ahmed For Converting To Christianity / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Ever American To Win Dubai Quran Award (2018 Edition)-Ahmed Burhan Mohamed by rhajaan(m): 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
Dubai: Seventeen-year-old candidate Ahmad Burhan became the first American participant to win the Dubai International Holy Quran Award (DIHQA) on Tuesday, walking away with a prize of Dh250,000.

A national champion in several American Quran competitions and a second runner-up at an international competition in Kuwait last year, Burhan left behind 103 other participants from across the world as he received the coveted award from Shaikh Ahmad Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Participating in just his second international competition, the grade 11 student from the northern US state of Minnesota was obviously elated at achieving something that his compatriots couldn’t in several previous attempts.

“It’s a great feeling and an unbelievable result. I never thought I would win, because the competition was tough, but I am grateful to Allah for this blessing. It is particularly sweet to know that I am the first American to win here,” said Burhan, who began memorising Quran at the age of seven and completed it at 12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBomRgdO6c

cc: mukina2, Sissie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Ever American To Win Dubai Quran Award (2018 Edition)-Ahmed Burhan Mohamed by Saifullah01: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
Pure genius.
Re: First Ever American To Win Dubai Quran Award (2018 Edition)-Ahmed Burhan Mohamed by alhassanyusuf29(m): 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
maSha Allah

(1) (Reply)

Sheik Ali Jabata A Philosopher? / 6 Reasons Every Muslim Should Learn Computer Programming / The First Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.