Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) (1022 Views)

Rivers Government Begins Demolition Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce And Buratai Commission New NARC Office Complex - Photos / Rochas Okorocha Commissions Justice Oputa Court Complex - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
A Social commentator, Ifere Paul has taken to Facebook to share the sad state of Calabar Library Complex. According to Ifere Paul the library had been in good state until the current government came into power.

Below is what he wrote;

The Calabar Library Complex: A Ghost Land Under Professor Ayade & Professor Ivara Esu.

I took time out after my victory at magistrate court, court 1, Moore Road, where the case instituted against me by the Cross River State government and Goddie Akpama were struck out by the Magistrate.

I decided to take a tour of the Library once more to see how bad it has gone from my last visit two years ago. Indeed, I was not impressed with what I saw. Now, the windows are fallings off from their panels and shattering down below. I was informed that an air conditioner fell off its place and crashed down recently.

God forbid that such falling glasses and objects will land on someone’s head. It is possible because not far from the library is the ever busy millennium park with its beehive of skolombo street children who crawl into the library at night to find where to sleep.

The Cross River State library complex once a building of notable reputation, a place where the best brains in Cross River State do their researches, a place where in 2001-2007 is never empty. And that you will have to book for a sit ahead to be able to use the library, is now a ghost unto itself.

Librarians who work here during 2001-2007 goes home happy. During that time, workers here took pride in their work place. But not anymore. People who work here now have long forlorn faces. Your presence before them for inquiries dissipate by a noncommittal attitude that tells you that these people are not happy with this massive grotesque building in the center of Calabar City.

The shelves have fallen over themselves. Chairs and reading tables are all rickety and creaks at the slightest pressure on them.

Cross River State prides itself with two most renown professors managing the affairs of the State. These professors understands the importance of education, and the contributions of a good library to eradicate illiteracy, boost research, and change mindsets towards reading books.

Our digitally acclaimed governor is leading a State that has no e-library. But inside the Library Complex is a section with brand new computers that are yet to be used.

The Cross River State library complex needs to be renovated in order to compete with other libraries in Nigeria even though it has lost its place in history.

I have been nursing the idea of doing a fundraising to fix the library. I believe Cross Riverians will readily contribute to fix the library if Governor Ben Ayade does not want to do so. Do I have to apply to government before I can do the fundraising?

I need your advice.

Thank you.

My name na Ifere Paul.

Below Are The Photos:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/dilapidated-state-of-calabar-library-complex/

Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by Oluwadare: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
I agreed the place needs the state government attention as soon as possible. Strolling through calabar stadium at the closed by this week and I saw it. Really not looking good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by fran6co(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
hmm
Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
Oluwadare:
I agreed the place needs the state government attention as soon as possible. Strolling through calabar stadium at the closed by this week and I saw it. Really not looking good.

Oh no

The current govt in that state is not something to write home about..
Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by Cjrane2: 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
BrainnewsRadio:

Oh no

The current govt in that state is not something to write home about..

APC and lies are like....

1 Like

Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Cjrane2:

APC and lies are like....

Where is the APC?
Re: See The Dilapidated State Of Calabar Library Complex (photos) by tooth4tooth: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mtcheww, paying more attention to carnival than education.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Budget: Presidency Hits Dino Melaye / Senator Abaribe Support Group Release Statement On His Arrest. / 2019: Bukola Saraki Speaks On Being Offered Automatic Ticket, Oil Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.