Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad (29467 Views)

Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by BigIyanga: 6:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Looking for free accommodation, ride, food and all that... then be claiming to be ballers in Naija lol
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Martinola(m): 6:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Issokay
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Mustay(m): 6:26am On Jun 10, 2018
IamAkinzy:
snap foto every sec every minute

na dat time Boda saheed remember to use whatsapp video call pass...yeye

any small chat you would hear "Make i video call u na"

I no blame am. Boda Saheed don reach place wey e fit use him phone to the full potential. Nothing like network poor or no light to call

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 10, 2018
IRANU
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Mustay(m): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2018
Cindino20:
In addition to what the Op ve stated up there.

1. Try to visit Museums...The Louvre in Paris has alot of art works and use a guide to learn more about the art works. you did be amazed with the History behind each art work and it also depicts how pple ve lived in the past...their passion, their culture etc

2. Visit momuments and archeological sites if there is one around...Greece is a place for this if you love ancient History.

3. Go

Nice pictures you have there. They could pass for stock images. What did you use to snap them?

Don't blame Nigerians. They have been spoilt not to appreciate literature so the only kind of fun is partying, movies etc. The mention of museums to the average Nigerian is like a boring history class. If there is a successful attempt to change this, Nigerians will first visit Nigeria before anywhere else. Anyone that travels round Nigeria and has a little knowledge of history will appreciate Nigeria better. That way, they'll know more about the country and attract foreigners. It is the absence of these stories that makes it easy for politicians to divide us because we don't know ourselves, our places or heritage.

The foreigners will tell the story to suit their narrative. Little do we know that some history that emerged from Nigeria has been cut off because we don't care.

Abiola was recently given the GCFR award, Epetedo should be attracting visitors by now.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by seguno2: 6:40am On Jun 10, 2018
Cindino20:
In addition to what the Op ve stated up there.

1. Try to visit Museums...The Louvre in Paris has alot of art works and use a guide to learn more about the art works. you did be amazed with the History behind each art work and it also depicts how pple ve lived in the past...their passion, their culture etc

2. Visit momuments and archeological sites if there is one around...Greece is a place for this if you love ancient History.

3. Go siteseeing and take photographs. A photograph captures moment in real time and the events surrounding that picture will always come to mind when you see it.

4.Learn abit about the people...talk with the locals and find out what they know about your country...Nigeria does not have rhe best of image abroad...dont feel bad about this and dont argue..listen...the goal here is to listen and know what pple think about your country. Tell pple the good side of your xountry and a bit of your history too.

I will leave you with a picture of the acropolis of Lindos and the place of the Knights in Rhodos

You are the man cheesy
You truly understand that traveling is education.
Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by uuzba(m): 6:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Op,
I did not do any of the 5 things overseas
1. Football doesn't add anything to my pocket. I did not go to Stadium

2. I often get malaria here. There's no mosquito in Oyibo land. I did not get malaria and there was nothing else to fall sick of.
So, I did not do any medical.

3. I cannot be spending money like a millionaire. Our Naira is very much devalued. I first got a job to earn their money and purchased normal things.(rice, stew, bread)

4. I did not waste my time indoors. I was already indoors in Nigeria. I went on bus excursions to their beach to touch their water (ice cold useless water), I purchased a bicycle and rode around all their roads, I later rented a car and drove from Yorkshire to London and back. (Nice roads)

5. What matters most is getting a job. So no emphasis on graduation. I was already working before graduating.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Timagex(m): 6:57am On Jun 10, 2018
cheddahboy:
Happy birthday to me
happy baiday To you sire

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by kereman1: 6:58am On Jun 10, 2018
5 thgs nigerians do abroad.
1- Escape 2- hide from immigration officers 3- hustle hard 4- snd sm money to relatives bk in Nigerian. 5- gt married to a foreigner to b a citizen

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by uuzba(m): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2018
kereman1:

1- Escape
2- hide from immigration officers
3- hustle hard
4- snd sm money to relatives bk in Nigerian.
5- gt married to a foreigner to b a citizen

Don't mind OP. Like say he doesn't know.
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by somto811(m): 7:12am On Jun 10, 2018
cheddahboy:
Happy birthday to me
happy birthday bro,long lyf and prosperity..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by somto811(m): 7:13am On Jun 10, 2018
cheddahboy:
Happy birthday to me
happy birthday bro,long lyf and prosperity..
enjoy!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by sharpwriter(m): 7:19am On Jun 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
cheesy

My holiday in Ghana sun nearly killed me
How?
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by kaziblake(f): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2018
cheddahboy:
Happy birthday to me and this my old time friend,
Dunni. thinking of going on vacation to Yankari Games Reserve.. Who will be my plus 1?
Happy birthday..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Cindino20(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2018
Mustay:

Nice pictures you have there. They could pass for stock images. What did you use to snap them?

Don't blame Nigerians. They have been spoilt not to appreciate literature so the only kind of fun is partying, movies etc. The mention of museums to the average Nigerian is like a boring history class. If there is a successful attempt to change this, Nigerians will first visit Nigeria before anywhere else. Anyone that travels round Nigeria and has a little knowledge of history will appreciate Nigeria better. That way, they'll know more about the country and attract foreigners. It is the absence of these stories that makes it easy for politicians to divide us because we don't know ourselves, our places or heritage.

The foreigners will tell the story to suit their narrative. Little do we know that some history that emerged from Nigeria has been cut off because we don't care.

Abiola was recently given the GCFR award, Epetedo should be attracting visitors by now.

Thanks

I took them with a Nikon coolpix B700...I just point and shoot nothing much.

I agree with your submission.We seem not to fancy literature and History in Nigeria. The ministry of culture and tourism can try to grow this sector but they seem not to know their Job description.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by ItzBIM(m): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2018
oga70563:
If I should travel abroad, I would make sure I exhaust my visa before returning to this Shiit hole

Same shiit hole people dey make 5 million per month, may you check yourself again.
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by SageTravels: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2018
I agree with you 100% sometimes I began to wonder if Nigerians go on vacation or shopping
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by ItzBIM(m): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2018
kereman1:

1- Escape
2- hide from immigration officers
3- hustle hard
4- snd sm money to relatives bk in Nigerian.
5- gt married to a foreigner to b a citizen

I don’t think you know the meaning of vacation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
cheesy

My holiday in Ghana sun nearly killed me
Lol!! grin grin
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by kereman1: 7:49am On Jun 10, 2018
ItzBIM:

I don’t think you know the meaning of vacation.

B it vacation, visitation or even excurtion. Nigerians will do likewise. Iswear this country don kas, ordinary ghana wey Nigerians dey travel go dem no dey cm bk.
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by johnmattew: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2018
it's really annoying these days , especially on Instagram and Facebook....some go as far as snapping their visa page, food etc and post it on Instagram..they change their location and display it every second on Facebook and Instagram.they bombard pages 2ith pic of foreign buildings and start telling u d history of those builds

too much poverty mentality amongst nigerians
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Freestainworld(m): 8:10am On Jun 10, 2018
@op, you didn't include escaping after visa expires. I hail our brothers
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by arsenal33: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2018
THEY BEHAVE THEMSELVES ABROAD
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2018
sharpwriter:

How?

Baba na only night I de come out the sun fit boil water I swear
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2018
ItzBIM:

Same shiit hole people dey make 5 million per month, may you check yourself again.

Try to understand me. I'm not saying people ain't making money in Nigeria. I'm only saying that I must exhaust my stay as say na my first time to go abroad
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by ItzBIM(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2018
oga70563:

Try to understand me. I'm not saying people ain't making money in Nigeria. I'm only saying that I must exhaust my stay as say na my first time to go abroad

Understood but no call my country that kind name again. Thanks
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2018
ItzBIM:

Understood but no call my country that kind name again. Thanks

Alright sir
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by okwabayi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
abiodunalasa:
What actually is the essence of this post ? undecided

NAIRALAND is so substandard with its front page topics sometimes.
If you're poorly educated Nairaland is not the best medium to showcase it. I swear some of you need to read at least ten books first before signing up. It will make for better comprehension of knowledgeable topics.
It's obvious you did not read the thread if not you would have gotten enlightened at the very least.
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by okwabayi(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
Another thing Nigerians do is try to f-uck the natives. This is one aspect our adults engage in, both male and female. Females win this fast because males of most countries approach women first so they have the option to choose a mate of their liking.
After about six months in the new environment a Nigerian male learns the dos and don'ts regarding their mating game. He then finally gets a taste of what the country's females have to offer.
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by ModsareChevres: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Mannabbqgri has become a nuisance of nwaamaipe proportions... embarassed
Re: 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad by Hollavick: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
OK o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Rams Into A Woman's Shop In Imo Few Minute After Locking It Up. Photos / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) / 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.