Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,584 members, 7,770,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (61637 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please I want to ask a question.

What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income), because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.

And judging by the desperation of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by lebron7(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
cheesy

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
lebron7:
Go for English lessons first cry
at least you got the message

890 Likes 70 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by highpriestess: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income),because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.
And judging by the desperateness of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do
Go back to school.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
highpriestess:

Go back to school.
you could have at least pointed at my mistakes and correct me

665 Likes 51 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by highpriestess: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
you could have at least pointed at my mistakes and correct me
afonjabreed:
What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income),because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.
And judging by the desperateness of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
highpriestess:
thank you

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
And judging by the impatience of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

8 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by highpriestess: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=afonjabreed post=81195561][/quote]
Desperation was what I wanted you to put there.
It's okay though.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by afonjabreed(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
highpriestess:
Desperation was what I wanted you to put there. It's okay though.
thanks

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Optional09: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
First is care job under the table until they are able to secure a legal status then study and start working as a nurse aid then Nursing, teaching at disabled kids school, some take course in IT like like computer technician, system analyst. cab driver, security job, Uber/lyft, Pharmacist, Doordash Delivery, Mechanics, Doctors, Construction Engineer, in Texas they work at the oil rig. Nigerians work. no sleep

*This is American experience Europe may be different

260 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by eleko1: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
sad sad undecided undecided undecided Dey dnt travel to go watch skyscraper/ count bridge. They work.Nigerians are hard workers except the CRIMINALS

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Charleys: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
They go for medical check-up

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by JonDon12: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Anything my broda. Whether na fast food, cleaner, doctor even prison guard, jobs dey kampe for abroad. If una know the kind opportunities wey dey for here, una go weep.

But the big jobs are in healthcare and In IT. You see a lot of Nigerians in that.

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Some go to school to get a good job and a good life thereafter,
While others constitute nuisance and go into a life full of fraud.

It all depends on the individual.

We always wonder how some people will have such good opportunity but be comfortable doing crime.

Some have heads but don't have caps,
Some have caps but no heads.

We will get there too someday.

Cherishedcyn:

The stupidity on this nairaland is epic sha.
A poster asked what people in diaspora do and around 80% of the response seen is coming from jobless, lazy youths who probably haven't been in an aircraft before.

In saner climes you'll see people wait for those with experience to come and drop their input but no, every idiot here has to use this opportunity to exhibit his/her stupidity...must you comment??

Again, what's with the job shaming people who do legal menial jobs to make a living abroad? Shows how lazy and silly the lot of you are.

Let's exercise those dead brain cells of some of you. Calculate the average minimum wage in Europe of 10 euros (Where 1 euro is equivalent to 390 naira) per hour by 40 hours a week. How many jobs can give you such salary in a week in Naija?

I know all these silly yapping na because una never get the opportunity. If some of the idiots dancing upandan on this thread reach the abroad, tori go change.

When them call una lazy youths una go begin para but that's what you all are; lazy Nigerian youths.

If I've learnt nothing in this my sojourn abroad, it's the fact that only a lazy man can be found wanting here.
This deserves to be on Front Page.
You've said it all man.
Nothing to be added!

NiggasInParis:
This suppose to be a very engaging and reasonable thread but from the replies I have seen in over 3 Pages I have to conclude two things :
Nairaland is dead and not what it used to be.
Or
Nigerian youths are becoming dumber and loosing intellect.
Cherishedcyn:

It is a combination of both.
I saw the headline and was looking forward to reading people's experiences. First it was the English teachers, followed by the kids who have failed to realise that there's dignity in labour.
Mature and reasonable minds right here!
You've said it all Guys!
It is just so appaling reading comments from some kids here!

Cherishedcyn:

Thank you jare, I got riled up reading the silly and insensitive comments.
This platform has a huge potential at disseminating useful information and sensitizing Nigerians but it keeps promoting stupidity.

Btw, I'm a woman.
You are always welcome.
We can feel what you are talking about,
we comment here often, so we have encountered thousands of silly and insensitive comments here.
Nairaland surely has a very huge potential and the moderators are doing all they can to sanitize the forum,
we hope they surely get there.

@I'm a woman,
That is noted sis.
All the very best in all you do!
How is the blogging thing going ma'm?! wink

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by CanadaOrBust: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
There is no “abroad”. Every country is different and even cities within countries are different. Also depends on how u enter the country - someone who entered Italy as a student is very different from someone who entered through Libya. So your question is too broad. Maybe narrow it to those who enter legally.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by emeijeh(m): 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bad bad things....

Most of them:
Guys: Drugs
Girls: Prostitution and drugs

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by enemyofprogress: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
at least you got the message
i didn't got the message
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by MrWTF(m): 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
lebron7:
Go for English lessons first cry
Nigerians and Finding faults. You got his message, so Wtf should he go for tutorials?

highpriestess:

Go back to school.
You that has gone to school, wetin you gain?

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Hotzone(m): 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ok...afia meth

U know u know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by kolafolabi(m): 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hustle. Same way people travel to Lagos all over Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by stabilizer: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Blue film acting

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by OgbanjeProphet: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Me I am not traveling anywhere. I go dey here see the end of Buhari's misrule.

I go make my own billions here.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Let me learn

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Lodger Shocked To See Tiled Bedframes At An Enugu Hotel (video) / Lady Who Has Not Entered Plane Before Gets Free Return Ticket From Man (Photos) / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.