Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal (823 Views)

Answers needed pls / Priest Take It Personal As Man Start Laugh While Recitin His Marital Vow [VIDEO] / Existence Problems; Urgent Answers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2018
I was in an argument with a friend and coworker on certain things in the Bible that no one have been able to explain, he tried explaining but I wasn't convinced with the answers.
Here are some of the questions.

1) in Genesis 7:2, Noah was instructed to take seven animals each. My question is how was he (Noah) able to take seven animals each knowing they are more than 8.7 million species of Animals.
And if everyone on earth but Noah’s family was killed in a great flood, did Noah’s kids sleep with each other? Isn’t this a sin?

2) Why did Bible not talk much about the father of Abraham or how he was born ( The Bible doesn't say where Abraham was born. Abraham first appears in the Bible in Genesis 11:27) , secondly Bible says ( Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about'” (Genesis 22:2). Why didn't Bible recommended Ishmael as the son of Abraham, why only Isaac.

3) In Genesis 19:26 But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. Did anyone witness Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt when she looked back at Sodom? If yes who's the person that witnesses her becoming pillar of salt. (Note: Her husband or kids didn't look back)

4) Job 1:1-22 (Job 1:20–22 God talked to Satan again. He said everything had been taken from Job. And Job was still righteous. But Satan said Job would not be righteous if he were very sick. So God said Satan could make Job sick. But Satan could not kill him.)
Question What’s the deal with Job? Does god and Satan normally sit around talking about how to test people to see if they are loyal to god? What is with that?

5) In Joshua (1-24) Why have the Jews go across the promised land killing everyone and everything in sight? Isn’t that the first genocide ever recorded theoretically?

6) Where is the tree of life? From reading Genesis it would be safe to assume it still exists. Where is it? Don’t you think someone would have noticed a flaming sword out in the middle of nowhere?

7) Why didn’t Jesus have any female disciples (or did he) And was Eve really to blame for everything?

8.) Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Question: Does it mean God knows what we will become in life and also know how we gonna die?

Please all I want are answers and not insults, I'm a Christian who's confused about some certain things in the Bible and thinking of becoming an Atheist because of all the unanswered questions. Thanks

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2018
As a Yoruba Muslim, go ask your lmam
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2018
I do appreciate should this make front page, thanks
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Siki355(m): 9:32am On Jun 10, 2018
d mods should pls do d needful
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Whysoserious: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2018
Here is my take. I can not provide much answer for you because I don't have them. However, becoming an atheist isn't something you should be considering. You shouldn't be going from trying to see a light back into total darkness. Already you believe in the existence of God only that you haven't discovered a way to connect and see the light. Don't go back to not believing at all. I am not criticizing anyone but the English Bible over the years has become a book Christians are meant to take with "faith". No questions asked whatsoever. So for the simple fact that you are raising questions means you are reading genuinely to find answers. There are lots of illogical things in the bible. You see, Christians filter through this book, take what works for them and ignore the rest and maybe its the English bible and the message portrayed. But numerous times as I have read some parts...they don't make sense. Ask a pastor and they would say " you need the holy spirit to understand". I mean, God's words should be clear,right?. Perhaps you should try to find other ways to link with God. Believe me, if you look at the bigger picture of the situation of the world rn, we are in the dark times. May God give you the grace and opportunity to find him as he has helped others who seeked answers.

4 Likes

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Avoidsexxx(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2018
#life past what you see on youtubes
#life is full of mysteries
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Whysoserious: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2018
PS... My mind was as inquisitive as yours also. And I was getting depressed too until I actually tried to see why there was so much heat on the second major religion we have in this country. I am not trying to promote things. But if you would think why there is so much heat on something and actually look into it yourself, you will see things you never knew you never knew. Like I said, the bigger picture is what you should try to see. Just don't go back to atheism. That would be an act of ingratitude to God. We don't even know how we got here. John 25: 4-6 demonstrates Jesus -as holy as christiandom see him- as a worm. And the rest of us, maggots. It means we are so tiny. So insignificant. Never should you think we can by our own will get this life. God made all this. Find God in places you don't think you want to... But never go back to atheism. That is the worst you can do.

1 Like

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Gggg102(m): 10:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Third question.

Lot's wife could have been at the front of the other family members and when she looked back, the others saw her from behind.

2 Likes

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by histemple: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2018
This should be up on the front page.
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Whysoserious: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2018
Gggg102:
Third question.

Lot's wife could have been at the front of the other family members and when she looked back, the others saw her from behind.

She being at the back was the mental picture the bible gave. Mental picture is everything. The way you read it is the way you see it.
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by rex444(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2018
Beautiful questions, smart one but it takes a stern priest well grounded to guide you but all these may not have answers which is where the assumption of faith is applied
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Any sensible person will easily sense the confusions in the Bible, the one u listed is very minute
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:
I was in an argument with a friend and coworker on certain things in the Bible that no one have been able to explain, he tried explaining but I wasn't convinced with the answers.

1) in Genesis 7:2, Noah was instructed to take seven animals each. My question is how was he (Noah) able to take seven animals each knowing they are more than 8.7 million species of Animals.
And if everyone on earth but Noah’s family was killed in a great flood, did Noah’s kids sleep with each other? Isn’t this a sin?

The Flood and Rain History had to do with Earth's basic continents, there are other lands outside the perimeter of the known Earth, where Life thrives with diverse species who make their ways into the known Earth.

2) Why did Bible not talk much about the father of Abraham or how he was born ( The Bible doesn't say where Abraham was born. Abraham first appears in the Bible in Genesis 11:27) , secondly Bible says ( Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about'” (Genesis 22:2). Why didn't Bible recommended Ishmael as the son of Abraham, why only Isaac.

The Bible covers only part of the History of Man, there are books other than the Bible, where those histories are covered, if you are serious about knowing the history, step outside the comfort of the Bible and explore.

3) In Genesis 19:26 But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. Did anyone witness Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt when she looked back at Sodom? If yes who's the person that witnesses her becoming pillar of salt. (Note: Her husband or kids didn't look back)

It is not just Lot's wife that became Pillar of Salt, it is a recorded History that happened, and it is well documented and apart from Lot, other people survived.

4) Job 1:1-22 (Job 1:20–22 God talked to Satan again. He said everything had been taken from Job. And Job was still righteous. But Satan said Job would not be righteous if he were very sick. So God said Satan could make Job sick. But Satan could not kill him.)
Question What’s the deal with Job? Does god and Satan normally sit around talking about how to test people to see if they are loyal to god? What is with that?

Satan is Lucifer's Son, Lucifer is Enki. Remember that Enki is Enlil's brother, so Yes they all talk and discuss all the time about their creation. So Yes. They have a tea party all the time even till now. This is a Polarity based construct, sine-cosine, ying yang, positive-negative. One can not exist without the other. It is a family affair.

5) In Joshua (1-24) Why have the Jews go across the promised land killing everyone and everything in sight? Isn’t that the first genocide ever recorded theoretically?

Note that there are different Entities, some do not like the other, although you are made to believe it is one God that created everything, but in reality it actually does not seem so and is not so. Forces are at play and humans have always become a pun in their games.

6) Where is the tree of life? From reading Genesis it would be safe to assume it still exists. Where is it? Don’t you think someone would have noticed a flaming sword out in the middle of nowhere?

It does exist and is protected. You are a representation of it.

7) Why didn’t Jesus have any female disciples (or did he) And was Eve really to blame for everything?

Mary Magdalene was the 13th Disciple. Eve is never blamed. Without her, Life would have been boring

8.) Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Question: Does it mean God knows what we will become in life and also know how we gonna die?

You are acting out an existing script and making alterations of your script as you go along. Your path are easily predictable. There is no big deal on that. Before you entered the body vehicle, you had already planned and discussed what you want to come and experience here with your real interdimensional Family.

Please all I want are answers and not insults, I'm a Christian who's confused about some certain things in the Bible and thinking of becoming an Atheist because of all the unanswered questions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by M0ron: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:

Good jokes
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=Luciferan369 post=68347043][/quote]
Had some point and questions to ask about your answers but me asking will only lead to more confusion, so I gat to take your answer for now
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:

Had some point and questions to ask about your answers but me asking will only lead to more confusion, so I gat to take your answer for now

Noted.

Confusion is legitimate.
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by InansBobo(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
I don't have your answers but don't go and become an atheist.
If you are confuse, just believe there's God and there's heaven and hell and do all Jesus said you should do so you are not taken unawares in the last days
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by MuttleyLaff: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:
I was in an argument with a friend and coworker on certain things in the Bible that no one have been able to explain,
he tried explaining but I wasn't convinced with the answers.
Here are some of the questions
YoungFr , next time, do discussion, instead of argument,
as an argument, is an exchange of ignorance, whereas a discussion, is an exchange of knowledge.

YoungFr:
1) in Genesis 7:2, Noah was instructed to take seven animals each.
My question is how was he (Noah) able to take seven animals each knowing they are more than 8.7 million species of Animals
He didnt need to take the 8.7 million species of animals,
all he needed to take were seven animals each from the genus of the 8.7 million species of animals
(i.e. all he needed to take take seven animal pairs of their original kind, from/out of the 8.7 million species of animals)

YoungFr:
And if everyone on earth but Noah’s family was killed in a great flood,
did Noah’s kids sleep with each other?
Isn’t this a sin?
8The LORD was pleased with Noah, however.
9These are the family records of Noah:
Noah was a righteous man. Blameless during his times

- Genesis 6:8-9

Noah’s kids sleeping with each other at this stage, isn't necessarily sinful,
as besides, the earth needed repopulated
and this merely is acting out of a past event that similarly happened with the first family (i.e. Adam & Eve's) and their kids
Genesis 6:8-9 is very useful and informative in understanding how Noah kept the human genome, DNA and gene pool pure from abstaining from the Genesis 6:1-6 amorous congress activities

YoungFr:
2)Why did Bible not talk much about the father of Abraham or how he was born
If it was necessary to talk much about the father of Abraham or how he was born, it would have been done.

YoungFr:
(The Bible doesn't say where Abraham was born. Abraham first appears in the Bible in Genesis 11:27)
And Terah took his son Abram,
his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai the wife of Abram,
and they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans for the land of Canaan.

- Genesis 11:31

YoungFr:
secondly Bible says (Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about'” (Genesis 22:2).
Why didn't Bible recommended Ishmael as the son of Abraham, why only Isaac
Ishmael, is, recognised as the son of Abraham
Ishmael, however, isnt recommended as the child or son of promise
and that is why the bible doesnt put Ishmael forward as the child or son that was promised Abraham

YoungFr:
3) In Genesis 19:26 But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.
Did anyone witness Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt when she looked back at Sodom?
If yes who's the person that witnesses her becoming pillar of salt. (Note: Her husband or kids didn't look back)
As soon as the men had brought them out, one of them said,
Run for your lives!
Do not look back, and do not stop anywhere on the plain!
Flee to the mountains, or you will be swept away!”

- Genesis 19:17

It is not a literal pillar of salt YoungFr
Believers are described as the salt of the earth,
but when priorities become not quite in line with God's,
like Lot's wife missing or longing for what has been condemned,
then the preservation pillar of salt attitude, will unceremoniously be caught up in and swept away by the rising levels of flowing lava

YoungFr:
4) Job 1:1-22 (Job 1:20–22 God talked to Satan again. He said everything had been taken from Job. And Job was still righteous. But Satan said Job would not be righteous if he were very sick.
So God said Satan could make Job sick. But Satan could not kill him.)
Question What’s the deal with Job?
Death, comes to good and bad
so it's the resilience of man, that's the deal with Job.

YoungFr:
Does god and Satan normally sit around talking about how to test people to see if they are loyal to god?
And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

- Genesis 3:14
Not necessarily
however Satan, as per Genesis 3:14 above, is prowling around, like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour (i.e. eat)

YoungFr:
What is with that?
Satan, as we all know, did a job, on Jesus Christ
Though Satan was told he could not kill Job, it didnt stop him to kill God

The thing is, Job, is a type of Jesus Christ
They both had everything going for them.
Both lost everything, both were tempted
Both were falsely accused of being sinners
Both sufferred, though did nothing wrong
Both remain steadfast and faithful to God
Both were blessed, more abundantly at the end

YoungFr:
5) In Joshua (1-24)
Why have the Jews go across the promised land killing everyone and everything in sight?
Isn’t that the first genocide ever recorded theoretically?
This was not and isnt genocide, it is God's Righteous Judgment
You referenced Joshua (i.e. chapters 1-24)
and said the Jews went across the promised land killing everyone and everything in sight
but this isnt true, as the facts and truth are glaringly there to see, that Rahab in Joshua 6 and Gibeonites in Joshua 9 were spared

YoungFr:
6) Where is the tree of life?
From reading Genesis it would be safe to assume it still exists.
Where is it?
He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the congregations {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones};
To him that overcomes (i.e. conquers) I will give to eat of the tree of life,
which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

- Revelation 2:7

What does the moniker "YoungFr" mean or allude to?
Does it have anything to do with the seminary?
It might help in giving an explanation about the section, if you tell

YoungFr:
Don’t you think someone would have noticed a flaming sword out in the middle of nowhere?
The tree of life, the garden of Eden and/or flaming sword has a double meaning

The flaming sword isn't, to be mistakenly interpreted, in any particular way, to outrightly be a physical or actual flaming sword.
Retropectively, it is something, that looked like a flaming sword, preventing forbidden and unauthorised access back to the presence and essence of the Godhead

YoungFr:
7) Why didn’t Jesus have any female disciples (or did he)
1And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village,
preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God:
and the twelve were with him,
2And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
3And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward
and Susanna, and many others
, which ministered unto him of their substance

- Luke 8:1-3

Jesus had many female disciples.
Of course, yes, Jesus did have female disciples

YoungFr:
And was Eve really to blame for everything?
And the man answered,
The woman whom You gave me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

- Genesis 3:12

10Then Jesus straightened up and asked her,
Woman, where are your accusers? Has no one condemned you?”
11“No one, Lord,” she answered.
Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared.
“Now go and sin no more.”

- John 8:10-11

You need to re-read Genesis 3:12 and John 8:10-11 above, to see the woman 4000 years later, absolved from blame

YoungFr:
8.) Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;
Let's put it this way.
A good chess player thinks five moves ahead
but God thinks right until the end of the last move on a board.
That is part of how God, with good algorithmic solutions, knows the end from the beginning.
God knows what you'll become in life
Also knows when, where, how, why you're gonna die and what you're going to die from or of.
Inspite of knowing all these outcomes, of the end from the beginning, He still, allows the action or process of bringing you into existence.
No matter what, God will not deny you, your arrival and the existence to be
Pharaoh? Did God know? Check
Adam & Eve? Did God know? Check
Cain? Did God know? Check

YoungFr:
Please all I want are answers and not insults.
I'm a Christian who's confused about some certain things in the Bible
and thinking of becoming an Atheist because of all the unanswered questions.
Thanks
Better the devil, you know, than the devil you don't

3 Likes

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Anas09: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
@YoungFr. Muttleylaff has provided you with the answers you claim to seek even when your own assertion of not being convinced with the answers someone else had previously given, tells more of your motive.

Your tone here is far from a seeker. You seem more like a scorner than a seeker.

I'm waiting to see how you'd wriggle yourself out of the answers provided for you. It'll tell if you are indeed a Churchgoer or an atheist pretending to be a Christian.
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
I'm lil bit convinced with the answers given so far, you can call me a church goer (that's why I'm seeking answers) but don't call me an atheist cos I believe so much in God that there's no day I don't play or listen to Christian music. In diff occasions God have been faithful to me so I have no doubts about his existence but I'm just confused about some verses in the Bible.
What made me more confused is Jehovah Witnesses Bible, do you know that some verses are missing from the New Testament that lots of people didn't noticed it, I can give you more than 20 verses that's in KJV but not in Jehovah's Witnesses Bible.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
Anas09:
@YoungFr. Muttleylaff has provided you with answers you say claim to seek even when your own assertion of not being convinced with the answers someone else had previously given, tells more of your motive.

Your tone here is far from a seeker. You seem more like a scorner than a seeker.

I'm waiting to see how you'd wriggle yourself out of the answers provided for you. It'll tell if you are indeed a Churchgoer or an atheist pretending to be a Christian.

Funny you, well I'm lil bit convinced
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Anas09: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:

Which part is not convincing?
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by MuttleyLaff: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:
The father at once cried out,
"I do have faith, but not enough.
Help me have more!"

- Mark 9:24

2 Likes

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Maamin(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
grin

Those questions are too soft to make one an atheist even without answers.

Anyways!

Well done @MuttleyLaff
Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by Anas09: 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:
I'm lil bit convinced with the answers given so far, you can call me a church goer (that's why I'm seeking answers) but don't call me an atheist cos I believe so much in God that there's no day I don't play or listen to Christian music. In diff occasions God have been faithful to me so I have no doubts about his existence but I'm just confused about some verses in the Bible.
What made me more confused is Jehovah Witnesses Bible, do you know that some verses are missing from the New Testament that lots of people didn't noticed it, I can give you more than 20 verses that's in KJV but not in Jehovah's Witnesses Bible.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
That is because they have something they want to hide.

A serious Bible Student should have more than 2 Versions of the Bible. I don't read only KJV. I have KJV, The Message Bible, Good News, Contemporary English Version, and Amplified Version.

Forget about congregational doctrines, abeg look into the Word and ask the Holy Spirit to open your ears to hear the voice of the Word of God.

Your mind's disposition right now is not that of a seeker, but a scoffer, with this, the Holy Spirit will just be looking at you.

A seeker is someone who is 'Poor in the Spirit', it is on this premise that what The Lord Jesus said will come alive. 'He that seeketh shall find'.

With your premise you are taking a position of someone who calls God a liar and is out to call jabbers to come malign the Only Potentate.

I is well.

1 Like

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by philoo(m): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:

It wasn't sin as at then, Isaac got married to his cousin... Abraham married his sister

Ishmael was the son of a slave girl

The people they killed were the remnants of the sons of am am, the half Angel half human entities of genesis

1 Like

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by philoo(m): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
YoungFr:

Re: Answers Needed, No One Should Take It Personal by MuttleyLaff: 2:38am On Jun 11, 2018
YoungFr:
5) In Joshua (1-24) Why have the Jews go across the promised land killing everyone and everything in sight?
Isn’t that the first genocide ever recorded theoretically?

philoo:
The people they killed were the remnants of the sons of am am, the half Angel half human entities of genesis
[img]https://s1/images/Kayefi.jpg[/img]
Kayefi.
Half angel half human entities?
Nah, this is an off the scale fairy tale
as the Nephilim arent half Angel half human entities

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Kicked Off Egyptian TV, Advised To See Psychiatrist / Why Do Women Always Fall Under The Annoiting / This Christian Preacher Claims He Can Split And Teleport Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.