Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,743 members, 7,837,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital (523 Views)

My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT / A Nigerian Public Hospital Treating Patients With Dignity And Respect? / 10 Things You Can't Escape At A Public Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital by 24hoursreporter: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2018
Public Hospitals in Nigeria are really very annoying. If you have ever had a reason to visit a Public hospital you will pray never to fall sick again. As a matter of fact, the workers there always behave as if they are doing you favor. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Cashiers and other professionals in the public hospitals are so annoying. They will make you hate yourself for being a Nigerian. However, this article will highlight 10 things you must experience in a public hospital.

Read also: Top 7 Classic Children Books of All Time

Sometimes, when you see the wrong attitude of Public Hospital workers to work, you will agree with me that we still have long way to go as a country.

Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital

#1 The Nurses are always Angry

One of the things you must experience in a public hospital is angry nurses. The nurses are always very angry and aggressive. In fact, they will keep shouting at you for no reason.

Sometimes, I keep asking myself if shouting administration is one of the courses Nigerian Nurses study in school. If you are in a public hospital and no nurse has shouted at you, wake up, you are dreaming.

#2 Missing Files

Oh! Missing files is like a national anthem in any Public hospital. Most case, it puzzles me when a nurse tells you that she can’t find your file. oops, another frustrating experience in a public hospital.

#3 They Only Take Emergency Patients Serious

This is also among the things you must experience in a public hospital. If you are a random patient whose condition is not critical, nobody will take you serious.

Public hospitals only take dying patients serious otherwise, the nurses will be less concerned as you roam the hospital for direction.

#4 Most times Doctors are not around

Another annoying thing about public hospital is that doctors are not always on ground. Sometimes, you may walk round the entire hospital in search for a particular doctor.

After searching almost all day, someone will tell you that he or she is on leave. Phew! very annoying.

#5 You will always spend the whole day
Any day you visit a public hospital, make such you don’t have any other appointment. This is because of the fact that you will wait the whole day just to see a doctor.

At times, when you see the population waiting to see the doctor, you will be discouraged. There are instances when you have to bribe before you can see a doctor.

#6 People are always asking for direction
One of the popular things you must experience in a public hospital is that people always ask for direction.

Even when it is so clear that you are also looking for direction, people will still ask you questions that you may not have answers to.

#7 You may Start regretting that you are a Nigerian
After receiving series of insults from nurses in a public hospital, you may end up regretting being a Nigerian.

#8 Bad odor
Bad odor is another thing you must experience in a public hospital. The kind of bad odor you perceive in a public hospital can’t be quelled with a deodorant.

#9 You Will Be Scarred
Fear is also among the things you must experience in a public hospital. By the time you see terrible health conditions of different people, seriously you will be scarred.

You may not be able to eat for a while if you visit the emergency ward of most hospital. You will see terrible things.

#10 You Will end up making new friend
One thing that is peculiar with public hospitals is that you will definitely see somebody who shares same view with you regarding how the hospital ought to be run.

So, you will end up discussing politics and other things that aren’t working well in the country. This is how you will end up making a new friend in a public hospitals.

These are the 10 things you must experience in a public hospital.

Check Here For Other related articles

Cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2018
A law should compel those who rule Nigeria to use only public institutions. Public Hospitals Public Schools Public Electricity.

That's how we fix the problem
Re: 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital by Viralkid: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2018
I experienced all these things on my first and last visit to the public hospital in my area. I'll never be there again..
Re: 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital by 24hoursreporter: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2018
jerseyboy:
A law should compel those who rule Nigeria to use only public institutions. Public Hospitals Public Schools Public Electricity.

That's how we fix the problem

Yeah, you are correct.
Re: 10 Things You Must Experience In A Public Hospital by 24hoursreporter: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2018
Viralkid:
I experienced all these things on my first and last visit to the public hospital in my area. I'll never be there again..

so sorry about that bro

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Permanent Cure For Hyperacidity / Tears As 24-year-old Lawyer Is Buried Few Months After Her Wedding [see Photos] / Stomach Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.