Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday (1392 Views)

Democracy Day: FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday / FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday, To Mark Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Lagos, Ogun Declare June 12 Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2018
The governments of the South-west states have declared June 12 as a public holiday to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the annulled 1993 Presidential election adjudged to have been won by the late M.K.O Abiola

The states include Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, and Oyo states.

The federal government on Wednesday announced that June 12would become a national holiday for the celebration of democracy day starting from 2019, although the day had always been public holidays in the South west.

In Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, the governor, said the recent decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to declare June 12 as the new democracy day would ensure that Mr Abiola and other martyrs of democracy who laid down their lives in the struggle to entrench good governance did not do so in vain.......

In Ogun, the state government announced that June 12 would be a work-free day to enable the residents mark the Democracy Day and celebrate the recent conferment of a posthumous national honour on Mr Abiola.

In Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, the governor, said day would be celebrated with a town hall assembly at the International Culture and Events Centre (The Dome) in Akure.... .

In Osun, the government said the public holiday is to mark democracy day in the state.....

“The state government of Osun commends the President on this righteous step of honouring June 12 and key players of the 1993 presidential election, 25 years after.

“The Government of the State of Osun has, therefore, declared Tuesday, June 12 a public holiday.”..

In Ekiti, Ayo Fayose, the governor announced via his official Twitter handle that the state would continue in its tradition of honouring Mr Abiola with a public holiday....

‏In Oyo State, Bolaji Tunji, the media assistant to Abiola Ajimobi, the state governor, said the state would also declare June 12 a public holiday.

“We’ve already decided on that, the only thing left is to make the announcement,” Mr Tunji told PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday night.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/271738-lagos-ondo-ogun-osun-declare-june-12-public-holiday.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2018
Nice one. Give honour to whomever deserves it. He was a great man.

2 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2018
It's a good one
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Adieza(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2018
ekiti have not.
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by otokx(m): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2018
What the South East refused to do?

1 Like

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by DonCortino: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Good for them.
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2018
That's their business.
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Akanapiaigwe: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
kudos to SW governors
shame to SE gwavanors
kudos to the greatest tribe in Africa the Igbos who stood their ground irrespective of the bully of both federal and state government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
Adieza:
ekiti have not.

Ekiti has announced it. June 12 is public holiday
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by NIGHTMARE0O7: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
Akanapiaigwe:
kudos to SW governors
shame to SE gwavanors
kudos to the greatest tribe in Africa the Igbos who stood their ground irrespective of the bully of both federal and state government

The truth is Igbos are fearless only their leaders are selling then out.

2 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by kingzizzy: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
front3line:
99.962% Igbos from the yeast side will die cos of this news today.

Not really. Igbos don't care much what Yorubas do in their own land.

It's Yorubas that care too much about what Igbos do in their own land. It only takes Nnamdi Kanu to wave a Biafran flag in Umuahia for a Yoruba man in Ibadan to start foaming in the mouth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by AfonjaSlayer(f): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
kingzizzy:

It's Yorubas that care too much about what Igbos do in their own land. It only takes Nnamdi Kanu to wave a Biafran flag in Umuahia for a Yoruba man in Ibadan to start foaming in the mouth

You nailed it!

2 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
kingzizzy:

...Hahahahah. I don die for laugh here
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
LAZY THINKERS have arrived the thread already. So much for these people who drink corpse water like they drink normal water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
kingzizzy:

Yinmu, Igbos do not care, you already run to the thread. Igbos do not care, yet una Don open different thread since the confirmation. Igbos do not care, yet one of your so called educated man couldn't hide his painment on his timeline on facebook. Igbo do not care, yet your elders were wailing on why they do not honor one of your brother. If you won come care nko? Tell us here how you are not proving to be LAZY THINKER according to nwosu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by CilicMarin: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
And they couldn't declare public holiday for us to mark Biafra here. We will not take it.

This is the height of marginalization.

Go And Get Your PVC angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
Yinmu, Igbos do not care, you already run to the thread. Igbos do not care, yet una Don open different thread since the confirmation. Igbos do not care, yet one of your so called educated man couldn't hide his painment on his timeline on facebook. Igbo do not care, yet your elders were wailing on why they do not honor one of your brother. If you won come care nko? Tell us here how you are not proving to be LAZY THINKER according to nwosu.
This id!ot again hmmn the fear of the Igbo people is the begining of wailing

3 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Bethel4Life(f): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
the way u go to every thread replyin anything igbo, ipob, south east eh, as in eh, na nightmares them dey give u o..u don dey run mad o

3 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bethel4Life:
the way u go to every thread replyin anything igbo, ipob, south east eh, as in eh, na nightmares them dey give u o..u don dey run mad o
So you have been monitoring me. Wait o, hope you are not thinking of feasting on my flesh, you are only wasting your time. And I don't have corpse's water. We don't drink that here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Bethel4Life(f): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:

MY brother eh, the rate by wich that suffersticated mor.on has been wailing on every igbo thread is truly mind boggling

1 Like

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:

Who want to fear people that named anger of yorubas oso abiola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by emerged01(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

The truth is Igbos are fearless only their leaders are selling then out.
Until they are able to challenge their leaders for misconducts their fearless means nothing.
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by Bethel4Life(f): 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
So you have been monitoring me. Wait o, hope you are not thinking of feasting on my flesh, you are only wasting your time. And I don't have corpse's water. We don't drink that here.
u want to be noticed bah? oya goan crawl into that ya hole..i don give u attention...fyi am from the skull mining republic of nigeria..guess wich tribe? hahaha

1 Like

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bethel4Life:
MY brother eh, the rate by wich that suffersticated mor.on has been wailing on every igbo thread is truly mind boggling
Lol, Sad to be LAZY THINKERS. I am sure you couldn't even do research by checking history. I am not moved anyway, it is one of traits of LAZY THINKERS. grin
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by NIGHTMARE0O7: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
emerged01:

Until they are able to challenge their leaders for misconducts their fearless means nothing.

When u challenge and u are being killed like a chiken without having arms to defend urself , what should u do?
U retreat! undecided
Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by wirinet(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
kingzizzy:

You lie. If kanu can wave his flag in Umuahia without mentioning Yoruba or calling Yorubas all sorts of names like Bastards, cowards, Yoruba, etc; believe me the Yorubas would not take notice of him.

2 Likes

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by luvbabe: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
kingzizzy:

True talk

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by ipodstinks: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bethel4Life:
u want to be noticed bah? oya goan crawl into that ya hole..i don give u attention...fyi am from the skull mining republic of nigeria..guess wich tribe? hahaha
Notice when you quoted me to get attention. Prof nwosu, these your people are greatly proving your assertion here o. You really done your research to give them that beffiting name LAZY THINKERS grin, Let go google and search for tribe that feast on human flesh in Nigeria. I dare you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All South West States Declare June 12 Public Holiday by omenka(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Heading to the West to join them in celebrating! cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Pictured With A Kwara Monarch Doing This / Stop Begging Akpabio, He Won’t Support You, He Is Set To Join APC –PDP Chieftain / Why I Want Sule Lamido To Become Nigeria President-obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.