Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,409 members, 7,850,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:38 PM

God’s Love (correction And Elaboration) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God’s Love (correction And Elaboration) (218 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God’s Love (correction And Elaboration) by tosinspot: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
Here’s the article that led to this correction http://www.tosinspot.com/god-and-his-love/

When an Uncle of mine read this article (God and His Love), he pointed out 2 things.
a) Jesus wasn't created by God (The father) but rather He co-existed with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning.
b) No one was superior rather they have different functions.

My Explanation

1. The reason I used the word "created" was because of how the book of Hebrews was written. The more I thought of "subjection", the more "creation" occurred to me. But it was wrong for me to have used the word "created" since it was never stated in the bible as such, "Subjection" is enough to convey my points (God's love) across.

Using the word "create" would make Hebrews 7:3 a little confusing as it may not be the terms used in the heavens, instead 1 Corinthians 8:6 should be used to grasp it. In addition, 1 Corinthians 15:28 can be used to grasp it too.

2. I disagree that, "the Father, Son and Holy Spirit co-existed from the beginning and no one is superior rather they have different functions".

There was a moment God (the Father) begot God (the Son).This "moment" might not be referred to as "moment" in heavenly terms and it is for this same reason I couldn't use the word "create" in the first case. If there was no "begotten", then there is no Father and Son relationship, if there's no father and son relationship, then there's no inheritance (privileges), it means Jesus operates entirely as His own entity and has absolutely no relationship with the father, which is not true. Colossians 1:19, Hebrews 1:4-5 and Hebrews 5:5 testifies to this moment and the rest of chapter 1 strengthens it. Jesus Christ inherited the privileges of God from the Father the moment He was begotten. This moment is before John 1:1-3 because from our beginning we were introduced to Jesus as God.

Hebrews 1 won't emphasize on His Sonship if He had no dependence on the Father. Or what is Jesus's purpose in the God Head's existence since He won't do anything of Himself except what He sees the Father do? John 5:19. This is rather what led to His adoption.

Illustration (Pharaoh and Joseph)
If one was to ask Joseph, "Is Pharaoh greater than thee?” his response would be,”Yes”. Then again he could say, No, technically (which wouldn’t be humbling enough) or better still, "I and pharaoh are one”. Jesus, according to his humility and the rest of His attributes that pleased the Father to beget him has never said no.

Do they complement each other (Pharaoh and Joseph), i.e. is there a reason this relationship occurred? Yes, to Pharaoh, it was the existence of his kingdom that mattered. Does the father and Jesus complement each other? Yes, even while Jesus is still a subject to the Father. According to the Father's nature, it is His will (even when at times we don't understand it) that matters. Remember Job?
Could Joseph try to overthrow Pharaoh, Yes. Does he have freewill to reason along that line or at least come shorter than what was expected of him? Yes. But according to his person, would he? No. Because, it was his person that got him that relationship in the first place (The father being pleased with Joseph’s ways).

Conclusion

Does the trinity exist? No, but yes technically. Its existence is as a result of the Father's nature. If we exalt God, He's ready to exalt us beyond our imagination.

Here are a few passages to dwell on

1 Corinthians 8:6
1 Corinthians 15:28
Hebrews 1
Colossians 1:19
John 20:17
Rev 3:12
Philippians 2:6
Ephesians 4:5-6

It’s very important for one to know and understand who Jesus is. Before John 1:1-3, after John 1:1-3, and His time on earth. If one does not understand Jesus’s being, there’s no way one can understand God’s love. And the statement “Jesus died for my sins” won’t hold much weight. Understanding the total package is required to break us and mold us into the expected shape. The whole bible rests on this understanding (God’s love).

Note

I'm not trying to exert my belief on anyone but lay it out as I see it for one to see. If you find any pieces of this information challenging, please feel free to state your opinion in the comment section and lets fellowship together. If you find it a waste of your time, I'm willing to pay you at least x2 at the rate at which you earn per hour to state the obvious.

(1) (Reply)

A Challenge To "Cosmos" Host Neil Degrasse Tyson / Never Give In! / Beware Of Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.