Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies (46050 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator / Dino Melaye Reacts To Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Senator Dino Melaye Reacts To The Invitation Of Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by Divatochi(f): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Rest in peace Ras Kimono
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by Newpride(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
This man was so drunk the last time I met him in US embassy Lagos this year ...

May his soul Rest In Peace though ..
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by HomeOfMe(f): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Anaskie:
You even have strength to answer him. Little kids on Nairaland just spewing nonsense to gain cheap likes.
He clearly wasn't born when Ras Kimono' s songs were hitting the airwaves.

All he knows are Davido, Wizkid and Small Doctor. Oya show small respect to legends, he wont.
Kids of nowadays.
I don't blame them,I blame the stewp1d govt who stopped history studies in school,so they(indomie generation don't know a lot.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by HomeOfMe(f): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
GavelSlam:
Small body no be sickness.

Who would ever predict that Majek would outlive Kimono?
Such is life not by looks.

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by HITTED(m): 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
sprints1:
from the picture dino uploaded they were never really friends both the first and second pic he was busy concentrating on majek..dino is just forming useless famzing

I guessed as much. He is probably good friends with Majek, not Kimono.

People who didn't know Kimono would mistake the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by cyrus1992(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

That’s better. Learn some manners. No need for all your angst.
And you equally learn to respect the dead.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by Dafreeguy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Leetunechi:
Like if you know wizkid is better than raz kimono
Just for likes? sense fall on u bro
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by KanwuliaExtra: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
cyrus1992:

And you equally learn to respect the dead.

You wrote these ? undecided

cyrus1992:

Why ask the idiot, when its obvious he dosent have sense.

cyrus1992:

Guy, you are mad!!
I mean raving mad, to compare wizkid and kimono.
Which of wizkids songs would ever go classical as ras kimono.
Since the emergence of wizzys career, his record hitting tracks have been holla at your boy, and i love my baby.
But how many people still remember details about the songs.
But check out kimonos songs, decades later after their emergence, the songs are still being given their desired respect due to its rich and conscious lyrical content.
Guy, i can see that its poo you have for brains.
I dont see the difference between you and the dunce we have as a president.

Wonderful!!!! angry

Majek did drugs. If I said he died of poverty and drug use if he died, would I be disrespecting him for stating the facts? undecided

It is not the case with RK. I got the 2 mixed up simple. He DIED OF MORBID OBESITY! kiss Just the facts. No disrespect intended.

Reading your interactions with others here, I learned you have an abusive persona even where unprovoked. I have no time for posters like you.
I am not expecting an apology from you and vice versa. Just move on and learn to respect yourself and others. Do not drag us back to the era of NL ruffians. kiss

Bye!
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
Leetunechi:

you are foolish. stop this madness

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by ovieokodhi(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Leetunechi:
your post alone shows you are under 18 so what in God's name are you doing here.. Go read your books dear

2 Likes

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Leetunechi:

Dude, don't be stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by chiedozie198100: 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
BenzEne1:

Wizkid is far better than Ras Kimono. The gap large weh weh. I'm a member of the indomie generation all right. The guy should not use the case of his death to point that out tho.

How do we determine that the Beatles or Elton John or Madonna or even MJ are the greatest artistes ever if not by listening to classics. I've heard Wizkid and I've heard Kimono. Wizzy is miles ahead. The significant edge he has over wizkid is that he can use an instrument.
If na Majek Fashek now the argument for strong.
RIP to the dead sha

is it whiskey or wizclown that you are comparing with the legend ras kimono?
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by ElBenny(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
[/quote]lol
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
Leetunechi:
message me for a sense pill its just 15O Naira.

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by cyrus1992(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You wrote these ? undecided

Wonderful!!!! angry

Majek did drugs. If I said he died of poverty and drug use if he died, would I be disrespecting him for stating the facts? undecided

It is not the case with RK. I got the 2 mixed up simple. He DIED OF MORBID OBESITY! kiss Just the facts. No disrespect intended.

Reading your interactions with others here, I learned you have an abusive persona even where unprovoked. I have no time for posters like you.
I am not expecting an apology from you and vice versa. Just move on and learn to respect yourself and others. Do not drag us back to the era of NL ruffians. kiss

Bye!

K, bla bla bla bla
Now youv made your point.
And, now i act like i didnt see you make those points of yours.
Capisce.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by BenzEne1(m): 5:37am On Jun 11, 2018
cyrus1992:

Guy, you are mad!!
I mean raving mad, to compare wizkid and kimono.
Which of wizkids songs would ever go classical as ras kimono.
Since the emergence of wizzys career, his record hitting tracks have been holla at your boy, and i love my baby.
But how many people still remember details about the songs.
But check out kimonos songs, decades later after their emergence, the songs are still being given their desired respect due to its rich and conscious lyrical content.
Guy, i can see that its poo you have for brains.
I dont see the difference between you and the dunce we have as a president.

I'm not raving mad. You are just throwing insults at me.
And who says those are Wizkid's only record hits man?
You forgot Ojuelegba, Pakurumo, Joy, Jaiye jaiye. There is no Kimono song that can even get close to Ojuelegba. Kimono De Want which is his best offering doesn't come close.

I'll ask you ancient generation one question tho.
Who's better between Ras Kimono and Stephen or even Damian Marley. When you guys can throw away that idea of classics are always the best you would stop insults and listen properly.

The present industry is marred by vain lyrics quite alright. But some artiste still try to spice it up. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Wande Coal are on their own game as per that. Leave sentiments and insults my dear ancient generation.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by BenzEne1(m): 5:42am On Jun 11, 2018
chiedozie198100:

is it whiskey or wizclown that you are comparing with the legend ras kimono?

Yes.
Just like how mc Hammer or Vanilla Ice are legends and Kendrick and JCole would pass them out anyday anytime. Not all classics represent the best. I'll say this sef Burna Boy is better than Kimono. Ancient generation would only resort to insults.

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by kollinpowel(m): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2018
Automatically Raskimono is no longer a Nigerian.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by Sterope(f): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Noteworthy facts!
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by cyrus1992(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2018
BenzEne1:

I'm not raving mad. You are just throwing insults at me.
And who says those are Wizkid's only record hits man?
You forgot Ojuelegba, Pakurumo, Joy, Jaiye jaiye. There is no Kimono song that can even get close to Ojuelegba. Kimono De Want which is his best offering doesn't come close.

I'll ask you ancient generation one question tho.
Who's better between Ras Kimono and Stephen or even Damian Marley. When you guys can throw away that idea of classics are always the best you would stop insults and listen properly.

The present industry is marred by vain lyrics quite alright. But some artiste still try to spice it up. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Wande Coal are on their own game as per that. Leave sentiments and insults my dear ancient generation.

Ok, i agree.
You are not mad, but still permit me to correct you.
From comparing kimono to damian marley or any internationals, need i remind you that damian is riding on the wings of his father, bob marley.
And asides that hes international, you dont expect damian to come and start singing songs based on nigerian level of consciousness, and secondly hes got international acclaim, and some good classicals of his own like bam bam, and welcome to jamrock which some popular international artistes have sampled already.
But still lets not digress, this is kimono vs wizkid.
You claimed ojuelegba, pakurumo was a hit and a classical yes it was a hit, but isnt a classical.
Could you do me the favour of checking the 20 most unforgettable songs in nigeria according to wikipaedia, i bet you that you wouldnt find wizkids name on that list.
And it seems, you dont know what they call conscious music, if you did, you wouldnt even bring up names like burna boy, kiss daniel and the likes
As far as conscious music is concerned, there are just a really minute few i could list in our time like 2face, sound sultan, asa.
The others are more or less entertainment musicians or entertainers.
Though wizkid has the acclaim, the recognition and all, hes still no better than our conscious musicians of old, cos they sang songs with lyrics that all nigerians could relate to, unlike our musicians of these days that sings all about ass, getting high, cars, the glamour life and promoting negativity and desperation for wealth among the nigerian youths.
And mind you,
Im not really old,
Im just a guy whos 25 years old but loves oldies cos of their rich lyrical contents, and the fact that theye songs which an average nigerian can relate to inspite of class, social or age differences.

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by cyrus1992(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2018
BenzEne1:

Yes.
Just like how mc Hammer or Vanilla Ice are legends and Kendrick and JCole would pass them out anyday anytime. Not all classics represent the best. I'll say this sef Burna Boy is better than Kimono. Ancient generation would only resort to insults.

Guy, one thing about the industry is that one must always respect elders.
Theres this igbo proverbs that goes like these "an okro tree can never be taller than its planter"
For the fact that jcole or kenderick are awesome rappers dosent mean that they would go calling out G.O.A.T's like llcoolj, eminem, dre, snoop dog, ice cube e.t.c
Except they are asking for career suicides which would bring their rap careers to an abrupt pause.
You never compare the meanness of the old to the young, cos the old has enough momentum, experience, acclaim, and at times more fire compared to the young.
The elders should be respected cos they know the do's and don'ts already.
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by chiedozie198100: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2018
BenzEne1:

Yes.

how many of whiskey's songs on his first album r still a banger?
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by MikeBetty(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
Leetunechi:
Childish Brain Over Worry You. How Long Will Thou Stop Beging For Like?
Re: Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies by BushDoctor123: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
HITTED:
They're showing us Majek Fashek and grieving Ras Kimono.

Na wa!
kindly take a look at those pix again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Passenger Arrested For Reportedly Raping A Woman In Business Class / Babayo Gamawa Decamps To APC From PDP / Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.