Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola (1084 Views)

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Nairaland Best / Worst Governor Award Goes To.....? / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by xlfemzy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
Straight up, Lagos State
Governor has whooped
them all.
There's no good second.
Even a blind man can
feel or smell the
difference.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Ehoi: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2010
I think the governor of edo state is right up there with him. I give the edge to edo state governor because he has to first find the money to bring about development, a problem fashola does not have. People in edo state seem to be in shock with the development springing in front of their eyes and the bigger surprise is where the governor got the money from because everyone knows edo state does not have money. Its not surprising these two governors are from AC. Others states needs to learn from this. Some people can easily excuse the wonderful things Fashola is doing in Lagos claiming Lagos state have money. But when you consider what is going on in edo state, a state that does not have money, the difference between PDP and AC is very clear.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by ayo84(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
fashola is the best governor in the whole of nigeria,everybody knows it
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by xlfemzy(m): 4:49am On Jun 02, 2010
fashola is d bomb.as 4 edo state governor he is a thief cn u imagine him increasing d school fees of ekpoma.wat a pretender he is.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Stan017: 5:33am On Jun 02, 2010
Ehoi:

I think the governor of edo state is right up there with him. I give the edge to edo state governor because he has to first find the money to bring about development, a problem fashola does not have. People in edo state seem to be in shock with the development springing in front of their eyes and the bigger surprise is where the governor got the money from because everyone knows edo state does not have money. Its not surprising these two governors are from AC. Others states needs to learn from this. Some people can easily excuse the wonderful things Fashola is doing in Lagos claiming Lagos state have money. But when you consider what is going on in edo state, a state that does not have money, the difference between PDP and AC is very clear.

I think say u don dey crase, abi u dey mad. Is it by tarring or planting flowers in ring road for everbody to see? Didnt u hear that Ambrose Alli University school fees was increased from N18,000 to N50,000? Have u driven past Siloku road recently, i bet u car will be grounded, Hav u driven past Textile mill road? Or try go to Uniben after the rains, Or is it by using State Money to flag off IBB's campaign? In a State where Dele Giwa is from? A man whose death is still hanging over IBB's head? Please watch what u post for people to read
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Ehoi: 5:53am On Jun 02, 2010
W
Stan017:

I think say u don dey crase, abi u dey mad. Is it by tarring or planting flowers in ring road for everbody to see? Didnt u hear that Ambrose Alli University school fees was increased from N18,000 to N50,000? Have u driven past Siloku road recently, i bet u car will be grounded, Hav u driven past Textile mill road? Or try go to Uniben after the rains, Or is it by using State Money to flag off IBB's campaign? In a State where Dele Giwa is from? A man whose death is still hanging over IBB's head? Please watch what u post for people to read
, It seems a lot of people in edo state have a different view. From what i have read in the paper and what people currently living in edo state told me, he has done very well. And yes you are right, Most of what they say he is doing is tarring roads and i believe that is the first step to develop major cirties in nigeria.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2010
Stan017:

ROTFLMAO! grin
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by EzeUche(m): 5:55am On Jun 02, 2010
I prefer Chibuike Amaechi as the Best Governor. Never lived in Lagos so I wouldn't know but I spent years in Port Harcourt.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Ehoi: 5:57am On Jun 02, 2010
xlfemzy:

fashola is d bomb.as 4 edo state governor he is a thief cn u imagine him increasing d school fees of ekpoma.wat a pretender he is.
I won't condemn him until i know the details of the increase. If the money is going to be reinvested in the institution, then i think its a good thing. In the UK, the government has increased tuition fee to elevate sustained  investment in the long term. I know our people just don't like to pay for anything. Even paying tax na wahala. smiley
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Ehoi: 6:13am On Jun 02, 2010
EzeUche:

I prefer Chibuike Amaechi as the Best Governor. Never lived in Lagos so I wouldn't know but I spent years in Port Harcourt.
I have heard good things about Ameachi too. Can you give us some more details of what he has done?
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by blank(f): 6:39am On Jun 02, 2010
It is without doubt, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra.
He doesn't blow his own horn but i will help him do so.

The Red Cross conferred on him the most worthy governor in Nigeria while naming him ambassador to Haiti. This is not without the Governor’s effort in building a brand new office for the society by the Central Police Station, Amawbia, while also donating a new bus.

For the Governor’s integrated approach to development, the Sun newspapers again gave him a “merit award” in December of 2009.

Cisco, the world giant in information technology, awarded him the Best Governor in Nigeria on information and communication technology. This was on account of provision of Cisco academy in the 21 local government areas in the state on a level not known to any African state.

For Onno Ruhl, the Country Director of the World Bank, the Obi administration has shown governance and capacity building in the state, hence the World Bank partners with the state in strategic projects development.

Again, the state was voted some months back, as the best educationally-friendly state in the South East zone, winning as a consequence a princely sum of N100 million .

For providing the state with two mini stadia at Onitsha North and South local councils, a stock exchange in the same Onitsha, many blocks of building at the State University in Igbariam, a long bridge at odor linking Awgbu and Amaokpala, various water schemes etc these awards were not misplaced.

The state is currently revitalizing its educational system by renovating, equipping and computerizing both primary, secondary and of course its tertiary institutions.

Amaku general hospital has been upgraded to a teaching hospital with modern buildings and equipment already in place just as Ekwulobia, Umueri, Umunze, Umuchu etc had their hospitals either built from the scratch or renovated.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Nigerd(m): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2010
Ehoi:

Adams is a disgrace to the world of Activism, he has nothing to the people of EDO, Better gop ur self and see, all he is interested in is Rally and taking time to abuse Elders, Shame
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Baro(m): 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
It's amazing how people confidently say what they do not know. For the information of such posters and Nairalanders in general, Edo state is changing, thanks to the infrastructural and developmental strides of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. No need talking much, just come to Edo and judge for yourself. Res ipsa loquitur.
Re: Best Governor's Award:babatunde Raji Fashola by Ehoi: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2010
Baro:

It's amazing how people confidently say what they do not know. For the information of such posters and Nairalanders in general, Edo state is changing, thanks to the infrastructural and developmental strides of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. No need talking much, just come to Edo and judge for yourself. Res ipsa loquitur.
This is what I have been hearing from people who live there but some others here seem to have a completely different opinion. It is interesting though that most people either claim he is doing a wonderful job or a very bad job. You hardly get opinions in the middle. Every good leader needs a solid dose of constructive criticism and i was hoping to get some here so i can be able to put things into perspectives when next i talk to people who are always praising him, but unfortunately I have got none so far.

One man claim the governor is a thief because he increased the tuition fee of a university. But he didn't tell us school fees in all primary and secondary schools in the state have been scrapped.

The other man says the governor is bad because there is a very bad road in the state called siluku road. But i doubt that road constitute up to 5% of the roads in the state.

Again another guy said the governor is terrible because he has not commisioned many roads or projects. I noticed that the forumer didn't deny many projects are ingoing but his grip is that they have not been commisioned.

It seems its hard to get constructive criticism from some of our brothers here.
But why I am impressed with the governor is his ability to find funds for development without borrowing.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Signs Law To Standardize Tourism, Hotel Practice In Lagos / Our Bombs Were Not Planted To Kill – MEND / 'Space Flight' For Nigerian (from South East) Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.