Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) (635 Views)

How Many Souls Escaped The 'Hell' Fire Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / Fr. Evaristus Bassey: ''Virgin Mary Appeared To Church Members In Calabar" / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
By Eyo Nse,

CALABAR – On the hot afternoon of Sunday June 10, 2018 youths numbering over 20
escaped death after their car crashed into a
packed tricycle (keke) in Calabar, the Cross
River capital.

The ugly incident toke place at Atimbo axis of Calabar at about 3:00pm.

It all happened after the white Toyota bus
they occupied lost its brake few kilometers to
their destination which happened to be
Church of Christ, Atimbo, in the process to
save the youths lives the ‘smart driver’ drove
into a nearby filling station.

The lucky youths were heading to a youth gathering, better known as Church Of Christ Youth Forum (CYF) organized by the church of Christ for the entire youths across her over 30 congregations in the state.

The programme is fixed for every second Sunday of the Month.

The accident has seen many of the youths
injured, but thank God no live(es) was lost.
The injured ones were rushed to a nearly
hospital for treatment.

Indeed God is alive. He is also faithful..

Below Are Photos From The Accident:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/church-of-christ-youths-escaped-death/

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
If this happened in developed countries, investigations would be carried out to determine what caused the accident and try to put things in place to prevent such in the future or discipline who its at fault

Since a country like Nigeria is filled with religious people who see almost everything as act of god then god would just be thanked, vehicle(s) repaired and everyone goes about their lives as usual which is praying to god to keep protecting them while driving vehicles that aren't roadworthy on roads that are not up to standards and drivers that hardly concentrate due to impairment either by alcohol, talking too much on the wheel or even making phone calls while driving. this might happen again and those that would be there may not be as lucky

But let's keep praying to gods to do things we should be doing ourselves, after all its worked wonderfully well for us so far which is why Nigerians keep praying for long life but has life expectancy of 54.5 (the 7th lowest in the world) while a prayerless Japan comprising of atheist majority has a life expectancy of 83.7 (highest in the world)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

This is also why Nigeria is filled with a population that each person claims to be "God Fearing" but has the 14th highest crime rate in the world while an atheist Japan filled with "sinners" "people who don't fear god" "heathens" "infidels" have the lowest crime rate in the world https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by eezeribe(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
The same way Buhari has crashed into Nigeria and is wrecking everything...
I pray he completely wrecks everyone who voted him into power before he goes back to Daura.
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
80% of vehicles on our highways are disasters waiting to happen

And it isn't BREAK. it's BRAKE angry
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

Fact!
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Since a country like Nigeria is filled with religious people who see almost everything as act of god then god would just be thanked, vehicle(s) repaired and everyone goes about their lives as usual which is praying to god to keep protecting them while driving vehicles that aren't roadworthy on roads that are not up to standards and drivers that hardly concentrate due to impairment either by alcohol, talking too much on the wheel or even making phone calls while driving. this might happen again and those that would be there may not be as lucky

IF IT GOES RIGHT THEY THANK GOD.
IF IT GOES WRONG THEY BLAME DEVIL, VILLAGE PEOPLE, OR THE PERSON(S) IN CHARGE OF THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION.

RELIGION IS INSANITY.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IF IT GOES RIGHT THEY THANK GOD.
IF IT GOES WRONG THEY BLAME DEVIL, VILLAGE PEOPLE, OR THE PERSON(S) IN CHARGE OF THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION.

RELIGION IS INSANITY.

So true
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

But we have Jesus Christ and allah, all we need do is pray to them and "journey mercies" is certain

2 Likes

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

But we have Jesus Christ and allah, all we need do is pray to them and "journey mercies" is certain

Awwwnn grin

Cry baby.

We have our creator which we hope to be with someday. And death is just a transition for us.

We all die once. Theirs might be painful, but then, they wouldn't have to die anymore, would they? grin

So take your unbelief and rants to someone else. I'm only concerned about the killer machines we board, in the name of vehicles
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes. You are CORRECT
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

Awwwnn grin

Cry baby.

We have our creator which we hope to be with someday. And death is just a transition for us.

We all die once. Theirs might be painful, but then, they wouldn't have to die anymore, would they? grin

So take your unbelief and rants to someone else. I'm only concerned about the killer machines we board, in the name of vehicles

No need being concerned about those killer machines, all is well once they have Jesus or Allah

1 Like

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

No need being concerned about those killer machines, all is well once they have Jesus or Allah

Who said all wasn't well before? grin

You know, I see you on threads and you just drop lines that are meant to demean God or religion, and I start to ask? What's your aim bro? grin

Why are you so pained that people believe in God? I know other atheists on nairaland and I have met one in person, but you hardly see them jumping from pillar to post because they just want to oppose religion

The post had nothing written about God there. Nobody commented anything based on religion sef, and you already visited Wikipedia just to drive home a baseless point.

I really don't know your reason bro. Just take it easy. You don't believe in God? It's fine. Nobody is taking that from you. Stop acting unsecured, even on a faceless forum grin
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

Who said all wasn't well before? grin

You know, I see you on threads and you just drop lines that are meant to demean God or religion, and I start to ask? What's your aim bro? grin

Why are you so pained that people believe in God? I know other atheists on nairaland and I have met one in person, but you hardly see them jumping from pillar to post because they just want to oppose religion

The post had nothing written about God there. Nobody commented anything based on religion sef, and you already visited Wikipedia just to drive home a baseless point.

I really don't know your reason bro. Just take it easy. You don't believe in God? It's fine. Nobody is taking that from you. Stop acting unsecured, even on a faceless forum grin
don't get all sentimental on me bro

OP actually wrote something about god there, put on your recommended glasses and check again
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

don't get all sentimental on me bro

OP actually wrote something about god there, put on your recommended glasses and check again

He didn't put that at the beginning grin

But then, why not let us believe in our God?

You don't believe? Good for you grin. But my belief in him shouldn't bring you any harm. Take a chill pill bro. You aren't the only atheist on this forum.

Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

He didn't put that at the beginning grin

But then, why not let us believe in our God?

You don't believe? Good for you grin. But my belief in him shouldn't bring you any harm. Take a chill pill bro. You aren't the only atheist on this forum.

there's god in the OP, case closed

stop getting all sentimental on me haha, me no get time dey reply sentimental people
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

there's god in the topic, case closed

stop getting all sentimental on me haha, me no get time dey reply sentimental people

Yes, there is a God.

And yes, he knew that they would have that accident, and he decided not to save them.

Why can't you let us believe this in peace? What's sentimental about that? Or you don't understand the meaning of the word "sentimental"?

Like I said earlier, you always act so insecure. At any slightest opportunity, whether it calls for it or not, you bring in God and start giving yourself headaches. grin

Take a chill pill bro. Nobody is going to forcefully take your "unbelief" from you. I no dey follow you drag anything. You don't believe in God? I respect that. At least let me be for believing in him.

Hian grin
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by M0ron: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Brakes don’t just fail by themselves. Somebody was clearly at fault tempting God to take them home. There should be outrage at the negligence and not just ululating because nobody died
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by hopefulLandlord: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
izzou:

Yes, there is a God.

And yes, he knew that they would have that accident, and he decided not to save them.

Why can't you let us believe this in peace? What's sentimental about that? Or you don't understand the meaning of the word "sentimental"?

Like I said earlier, you always act so insecure. At any slightest opportunity, whether it calls for it or not, you bring in God and start giving yourself headaches. grin

Take a chill pill bro. Nobody is going to forcefully take your "unbelief" from you. I no dey follow you drag anything. You don't believe in God? I respect that. At least let me be for believing in him.

Hian grin

You still don't get it, do you? I'm not responding to any of these
Re: Youths Escaped Death After Vehicle Brake Failure In Calabar (photos) by izzou(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You still don't get it, do you? I'm not responding to any of these

You think I care if you respond? cheesy

I only stated my findings about you on this forum. The earlier you start acting intelligently by keeping mum on issues that do not concern or affect your belief, the safer and more interesting nairaland becomes for us all grin

You can now go back to whatever you were doing in peace

(1) (Reply)

As An Atheist, I Pray For More Messages From Redeemed Church / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Ex-wife, Anita, Was Absent At Daughter’s Wedding / Pastors On Defence As Uganda Moves To Regulate Pastors' Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.