Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' (2079 Views)

Israel Is Building A Secret Tunnel Destroying Weapon / First Gaza Missiles Hit Israel - Is This The Prelude To WW3? / 205 Children Killed Out Of 600 Dead So Far - Israel Is A Terrorist State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Beaf: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2010
[size=14pt]Finkelstein: 'Israel is a lunatic state'[/size]
By Tar De Moutonnoir.

American political scientist Norman Finkelstein has reacted to the deadly attack on the Free Gaza flotilla by warning that the Israeli regime has become a serious threat to its neighbors.

The author of 'The Holocaust Industry' and 'Beyond Chutzpah' made the comments today during an interview with the Russian English-language news channel RT (Russia Today).

Commenting on the American reaction to yesterday's Israeli commando raid on the Free Gaza flotilla, Finkelstein replied "so far there has been a pretty mild statement by President Obama". The carefully worded announcementmade by the White House expressed "deep regret [, ] at the loss of life and injuries sustained [, ]" but refrained from any direct Israeli criticism, saying it was "[, ] working to understand the circumstances surrounding this tragedy".
He went on to dismiss the notion that the Israeli attack was an attempt to "protect Israeli citizens against those who would seek to discredit the state of Israel" by pointing to the illegality of the Israeli blockade on Gaza.

Finkelstein mentioned recent condemnation by reputed human rights group Amnesty International, which called the Israeli blockade on Gaza "a flagrant violation of international law" and the United Nations' Global Elders , a group comprising notable public figures including Nelson Mandela, Desmund Tutu, Kofi Annan and Jimmy Carter, which issued a statement calling the Israeli blockade on Gaza "one of the wost human rights violation in the world today" as important examples of this fact.

Finkelstein went on to point to Israel's use of armed commandos to assault a humanitarian aid mission in international waters, which he said could not be justified:

I think everyone can agree that there's no possibility, that there's no way to justify using armed force against what were clearly unarmed humanitarians trying to relieve an illegal siege of Gaza.

Referring to comments attributed to Israeli officials made in the aftermath of last year's invasion of Gaza, Finkelstein said the Israeli military had sought to reestablish its military dominance over the Arab world by demonstrating that they were "capable of acting like a lunatic state and like mad dogs [, ] [in order to] restore the Arab world's fear of Israel".

After yesterday's events, you really have to ask the question: is Israel acting like a lunatic state or has it become a lunatic state?
Finkelstein asserts that Israel has indeed become a "lunatic state", one armed with nuclear weapons and regularly threatening its neighbors:
Things are getting out of control, [, ] can a lunatic state like Israel be trusted with 200 to 300 nuclear devices when it is now threatening its neighbors Iran and Lebanon with an attack?

Finkelstein's condemnation is part of a global chorus that has emerged in response to the Israeli attack which left dozens of peace activists dead or injured. The pro-Palestinian flotilla was attempting to break the Israeli blockade of Gaza and deliver humanitarian aide to the besieged Palestinian territory.
The events have sparked outrage with ally Turkey who helped sponsor the mission. Earlier today, it convened an emergency United Nations Security council session to discuss the attack.

Israeli officials have defended the raid, saying its commandos were attacked by passengers upon arrival. A YouTube video released by Israel's IDF shows footage of soldiers being attacked with knives and chairs.

The Free Gaza movement has dismissed this version of events, saying the commandos rappelled unto the boat with weapons in hand shooting indiscriminately.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/292775
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2010
The Lunatics are those who condemn Israel on all aspects and fronts without taking an unbiased and logical analysis of the real issues and problems.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Cohomology: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
Israel is a state-sponsor of terrorism.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by johnblaze1: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Beaf: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
frosbel:

The Lunatics are those who condemn Israel on all aspects and fronts without taking an unbiased and logical analysis of the real issues and problems.

Finkelstein, a lunatic? Of course it hasn't occurred to you that Finkelstein is a Jew, discussing Jewish business while you who "know" more are a foreigner with next to zero knowledge?

You are the outsider here as far as Israeli affairs are concerned and in no position to challenge Finkelstein with an emotional outburst; especially against a man who is the Worlds foremost expert on Arab - Israeli conflicts.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Afam(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Finkelstein, a lunatic? Of course it hasn't occurred to you that Finkelstein is a Jew, discussing Jewish business while you who "know" more are a foreigner with next to zero knowledge?

You are the outsider here as far as Israeli affairs are concerned and in no position to challenge Finkelstein with an emotional outburst; especially against a man who is the Worlds foremost expert on Arab - Israeli conflicts.

You dey mind the guy.

The latest trend here on NL is labeling others as ignorant when indeed ignorances radiates from the person accusing others.

A Jew is talking and a bloody Nigerian is questioning? Can you imagine this?
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Lol.

Beaf, now I understand you very well.

Parroting other people’s points of view with nothing original to offer.

Who cares about the views of one man compared to well documented facts and historical evidence that prove contrawise.

You are now coming across as a terrorist appeaser and sympathiser.

Not to worry your brother Ahmadinejad will be proud of you, lol.

Keep impressing the likes of Afam who are experts in jumping on to every bandwagon , even if their knowledge on the subject matter is Nil.

Nigerians like too much beer palour unfactual talk .
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by shotster50(m): 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
The Israelis audacity knows no bounds, They are a very selfish people who will go any length to protect their interests and shut down criticism. They might have a had a case some decades ago but I am not quite sure they deserve that golden child treatment they get from most western countries currently.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Beaf: 12:09am On Jun 03, 2010
frosbel:

Lol.

Who cares about the views of one man compared to well documented facts and historical evidence that prove contrawise.

Keep impressing the likes of Afam who are experts in jumping on to every bandwagon , even if their knowledge on the subject matter is Nil.

Finkelstein's words are "beer palour unfactual talk"? Somebody, tell me I'm only dreaming!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So you can't stomach the fact that Finkelstein is both a Jew (which you aren't cry cry cry) and the foremost expert on Arab - Israeli conflicts? You can't stomach the fact that he knows so much about the field in which he got his Ph.D (and you know little)? Why not learn from him and others like him, or do you wish to remain intentionally ignorant?

You sound just like the Christian version of Al-Qaeda, like a general in Uganda's Lords army; making all sorts of immature and far fetched ridiculous claims.
Finkelstein is talking about his own country, just tell us why you think he is wrong like an adult, instead of making childish outbursts.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Cohomology: 3:51am On Jun 03, 2010
Zionism == Nazism (by Jews)
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2010
^^

Nazism was a genocidal ideology that has something sinisterly common with radical Islam , hatred of Jews !!

Nazism was supported by Haj Amin al-Husseini (the Grand Mufti) during the second world war and indeed it is historically recorded that he helped raise a group of SSS Soilders who were Bosnian muslims.

Today radical islam has the same goals and ambitions, to totally wipe out the Jews from planet earth.

The Jews have no such intention, on the contrary they are fighting for survival.

Unfortunately at some point in the future and with the recent threats from Turkey, Israel will have had enough and will teach the Islamic nations a lesson once and for all.

May it not come to this !
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Romeo4real(m): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2010
frosbel - I see you scuppered away from your other post to let davidylan do your dirty work for you. Well, i can tell you he is doing a very bad job of it. Even you will be ashamed.
Defending Zionist terrorists using the words "killings", "terrorist" and "propaganda" is never a good idea.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
Finkelstein is talking about his own country

is finkelstein automatically an Isreali just because he's jewish?

i dont know much about the man, so plz explain.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Afam(m): 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
frosbel:

Lol.

You have severally proven that you are ignorant of a lot of things you get involved in. Keep fooling yourself, nothing new.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Beaf: 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
tpia.:

is finkelstein automatically an Isreali just because he's jewish?

i dont know much about the man, so plz explain.

Yes it does, just the same way you most likely have a green card, but are undeniably Nigerian.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Dede1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Finkelstein is an overfed and deluded citizen of USA who could not tolerate the incessant terrorist acts perpetrated by the vagabonds in Gaza strip if USA was next door neighbor to the so-called Palestinian Authority. I wish this fool is killed by the Arab terrorist.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Dede1(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
Beaf:

Yes it does, just the same way you most likely have a green card, but are undeniably Nigerian.

This is not true by any stretch of imagination.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2010
Beaf:

the Israeli military had sought to reestablish its military dominance over the Arab world by demonstrating that they were "capable of acting like a lunatic state and like mad dogs [, ] [in order to] restore the Arab world's fear of Israel".

you really have to ask the question: is Israel acting like a lunatic state or has it become a lunatic state?

The real lunatic is he that repeatedly attacks a superior power and then cries 'oppression' when the superior power avenges itself. I don't get it: does the world expect Isreal to sit back like a 'gentle giant' and allow these disgustin arabs/muslims to keep attacking them, without retaliating?

I think it will be very shallow for anyone to condemn Isreal merely because of the pro-palestine aid flotilla affair.
Isreal suffers the difficult burden of having to defend its territory and people against a coalition of hatefully envious arabs/muslims that seem to detest Jews more than Hitler ever did. Surrounded by such malevolent 'neigbours', it is expected that Isreal could be paranoid sometimes and that is what the attack on the aid flotilla represents, nothing more. It is hypocrisy of the highest order for anyone to malign Isreal without looking holistically at the broader picture.

The United Nations is probably the most complicit party in all of this. When superior powers (especially USA & Isreal) are attacked by these arab fools, all the UN does is to issue s.t.upid rhetoric appealing for calm and dialogue. But when these powers express 'righteous indignation' and vengefully visit the wrath of God on these terrorist arab/muslim pests, the UN is quick to condemn the retaliatory measures in strong terms and imply that they are bullies. That's B.S!

Bottom-line is: when the irritating arabs learn to accord Isreal the respect she deserves and allows her to exist in peace, then and only then will real peace be achieved in that region. But I know arabs will never let this happen, and so it may not be too long before Isreal is forced to settle the matter "once and for all" - the nuclear way. If any state(s) would have to be "wiped off the map" for the world to have some peace, so be it! It certainly wouldn't be Isreal.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Afam(m): 9:56am On Jun 04, 2010
pro01:

The real lunatic is he that repeatedly attacks a superior power and then cries 'oppression' when the superior power avenges itself. I don't get it: does the world expect Isreal to sit back like a 'gentle giant' and allow these disgustin arabs/muslims to keep attacking them, without retaliating?

Bottom-line is: when the irritating arabs learn to accord Isreal the respect she deserves and allows her to exist in peace, then and only then will real peace be achieved in that region. But I know arabs will never let this happen, and so it may not be too long before Isreal is forced to settle the matter "once and for all" - the nuclear way. If any state(s) would have to be "wiped off the map" for the world to have some peace, so be it! It certainly wouldn't be Isreal.

The content in bold refers, you are simply pathetic.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2010
^^
Thank you. I feel no need to be politically correct when it comes to these irritants.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Afam(m): 10:52am On Jun 04, 2010
pro01:

^^
Thank you. I feel no need to be politically correct when it comes to these irritants.

Never generalize and address issues as they come based on the merits and demerits. This is not about being politically correct.

If someone says that all Nigerians are pigs I will challenge the person because the statement cannot be correct. Do not allow your emotions or religious beliefs turn you into a hate filled person.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Beaf: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2010
pro01:

^^

Racism is not a pride my friend.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Never generalize and address issues as they come based on the merits and demerits. This is not about being politically correct.

If someone says that all Nigerians are pigs I will challenge the person because the statement cannot be correct. Do not allow your emotions or religious beliefs turn you into a hate filled person.

I certainly generalize, but not in the sense that you think. I never used the word "ALL" to categorize arabs/muslims. But while it cannot be valid to generalize that all arabs/muslims are extremists, it is certainly valid to generalize that all (or almost all) extremists are arabs/muslims. Ample evidence clearly validates the latter generalisation. Perhaps you can 'remind' me about the last time any individual/group/state perpetrated or attempted to perpetrate unwarranted violence in the name of a religion other than Islam. This incorrigible jihadist/extremist posture is EXCLUSIVE to arab/islamic entities, and that explains my strong views. The rest of the world have been indulging them for too long by being 'politically correct' rather than tackle their nuisance headlong.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Afam(m): 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2010
pro01:

I certainly generalize, but not in the sense that you think. I never used the word "ALL" to categorize arabs/muslims. But while it cannot be valid to generalize that all arabs/muslims are extremists, it is certainly valid to generalize that all (or almost all) extremists are arabs/muslims. Ample evidence clearly validates the latter generalisation. Perhaps you can 'remind' me about the last time any individual/group/state perpetrated or attempted to perpetrate unwarranted violence in the name of a religion other than Islam. This incorrigible jihadist/extremist posture is EXCLUSIVE to arab/islamic entities, and that explains my strong views. The rest of the world have been indulging them for too long by being 'politically correct' rather than tackle their nuisance headlong.

Sorry, that is all I can put down. You need not change your views, carry on with them and I hope you train your kids that way. Enjoy the weekend ahead.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
i do wonder if a faction of american jews are getting militantly opposed to Isreal.

events seem to suggest this?

i'm wondering if there'll be a showdown sooner or later. I hope not.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ Frosbel & Co Any Comment?

"Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

(Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parlament], quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982)
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by madlady(f): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

[b]"Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves." [/b]
(Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parlament], quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982)

HORRIBLE statement, not worth reading.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

"Our race is the Master Race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."

Total trash and Lies.

I cannot find evidence to back up this statement from ANY REPUTABLE MEDIA OUTLET.

Typical Islamic LIES and DECEPTION. LOL   grin

I gave your request to our director of information and content and after some thorough research, I have the following for you:

First of all, Mr. Begin never said those words and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset, and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

However, the misrepresented quote is not the one cited ("Our race is the Master Race", etc.), but another one entirely (see below). Clearly, someone invented the "Master Race" quote and then tacked on Amnon Kapeliouk as the source, to give it credibility. However, even the REAL (and far less offensive) quote has now been proven to have been misrepresented by Kapeliouk.

The REAL story involving Kapeliouk's article is provided by a media-watch group called CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), which regularly debunks bogus news reports and misquotes.

Here:

, Internet hate sites, as well as Fisk, attribute the derogation of Palestinians as "two-legged beasts" to former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. The source generally given is:

Menachem Begin, as quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts, "New Statesman, June 25, 1982

Indeed, the radical French-Israeli journalist, Amnon Kapeliouk, did attribute such a quote to Begin in his New Statesman article criticizing Israel's invasion of Lebanon. The author posited:

For this reason the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to dehumanize the Palestinians. Begin described them in a speech in the Knesset as "beasts walking on two legs

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel, Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception,

I hope that helps.

Moreover, we will be conferring with others in Israel and abroad to attempt to verify that the no one has ever heard or seen this quote and whether it is authentic. At present, we understand that there is no reliable source and until proven otherwise, which we doubt can be done based on our archival mateiral and personal familiarity with Mr. Begin, we reject the veracity of the words supposedly either spoken or conveyed. The quotation is bogus.

Posted by YMedad at 4:29  "
madlady:

HORRIBLE statement, not worth reading.

My dear, please do not take it personal, learn to take whatever these Jihadists say with a pinch of salt.

They literally lie through their teeth all the time.

The source of that quote is Texe Marrs , a Christian conspiracy theorist who has totally lost the plot and all credibility.

He publishes tons of books yearly for only one motive, money making.

Most of his books talk about end times, issues that generate hysteria among the ignorant.

I personally make sure I exhaustively research any and everything i am told, taking what a Jihadist says as gospel is dangerous.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
frosbel:

Total trash and Lies.

I cannot find evidence to back up this statement from ANY REPUTABLE MEDIA OUTLET.

Typical Islamic LIES and DECEPTION. LOL   grin

I gave your request to our director of information
and content and after some thorough research, I have the following for you:

First of all, Mr. Begin never said those words and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset, and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

However, the misrepresented quote is not the one cited ("Our race is the Master Race", etc.), but another one entirely (see below). Clearly, someone invented the "Master Race" quote and then tacked on Amnon Kapeliouk as the source, to give it credibility. However, even the REAL (and far less offensive) quote has now been proven to have been misrepresented by Kapeliouk.

The REAL story involving Kapeliouk's article is provided by a media-watch group called CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), which regularly debunks bogus news reports and misquotes.

Here:

, Internet hate sites, as well as Fisk, attribute the derogation of Palestinians as "two-legged beasts" to former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. The source generally given is:

Menachem Begin, as quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts, "New Statesman, June 25, 1982

Indeed, the radical French-Israeli journalist, Amnon Kapeliouk, did attribute such a quote to Begin in his New Statesman article criticizing Israel's invasion of Lebanon. The author posited:

For this reason the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to dehumanize the Palestinians. Begin described them in a speech in the Knesset as "beasts walking on two legs

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel, Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception,

I hope that helps.

Moreover, we will be conferring with others in Israel and abroad to attempt to verify that the no one has ever heard or seen this quote and whether it is authentic. At present, we understand that there is no reliable source and until proven otherwise, which we doubt can be done based on our archival mateiral and personal familiarity with Mr. Begin, we reject the veracity of the words supposedly either spoken or conveyed. The quotation is bogus.

Posted by YMedad at 4:29  "
First you & your source quoted that it was true, then make a 180 degree and then say Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense

In a haste to deny the obvious. Don't tie ropes around your neck.
In the end the tolerant will overcome the fanatics
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
AIRDIG:

First you & your source quoted that it was true, then make a 180 degree and then say Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense

In a haste to deny the obvious. Don't tie ropes around your neck.

What on earth are you talking about, lol.

We are referring to the dubious 'master race ' speech and here you are discussing something else.

Make u no annoy me oo, grin.
Re: Finkelstein: 'israel Is A Lunatic State' by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
frosbel:

What on earth are you talking about, lol.

We are referring to the dubious 'master race ' speech and here you are discussing something else.

Make u no annoy me oo, grin.

I am talking about the contradiction in your response (bolded in red below)
First you & your source quoted that it wasn't true, ----
then proceed to say his words were misrepresented----
then, make a 180 degree and then say the PM was quoted out of context and was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense.

Don't tie ropes around your neck.

frosbel:

Total trash and Lies.

Typical Islamic LIES and DECEPTION. LOL grin

I gave your request to our director of information
and content and after some thorough research, I have the following for you:

First of all, Mr. Begin never said those words [/b]and there is no factual basis for that quote. When we searched for the quote, we found that it looped back to the same text by Texe Marrs, who does not say that he is quoting Begin.

Further research at this site showed that the quote was attributed to "Amnon Kapeliouk's article "Begin and the Beasts" (New Statesman, June 25, 1982) which was infamous for having [b]misrepresented some remarks Menachem Begin said in a speech to the Knesset,
and there are legitimate sources all over the net that make reference to that incident.

Here:

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel, Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception, -----

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israeli Plane Flies Over Mecca & Kaaba / Western Europeans Vs Eastern Europeans / 15 striking Changes In north And South Korea After 70 Years Of separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.