Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Help With Samsung S5 Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With Samsung S5 Problem (2024 Views)

See This Clean And Affordable Samsung S5 / Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Unboxing And Camera Comparison With Samsung A52 (photos) / Iphone X Swap With Samsung S10plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
I got a UK used Samsung s5 3 weeks ago, and since yesterday. It started going off on its own.

I've performed factory reset on this phone but no difference

1. If I press the power button to wakeup the screen, it goes off.
2. If I'm playing music, it shuts down after some time.
3. After it shuts down, I have to wait 30 min or more, remove the battery and trying putting it on again before it comes up.
4. When operating, the screen flickers showing different colors and splittin of lines.
5. It gets extremely hot on charge.

I'm just so confused pls anyone
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
PLS help
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:
PLS help

mam, buying these uk used old Samsung is a bad move, the phone have the most archaic spec, just forget about what people say about snapdragon ish.

my advice, just reset the factory settings and let see what next
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:

mam, buying these uk used old Samsung is a bad move, the phone have the most archaic spec, just forget about what people say about snapdragon ish.

I just reset the factory setting this evening and it's not any better. Still hot and going off on its own
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:

I would have just saved extra 40k and gotten a new s6. I'm just regretting. This Is my First time using a UK used device and I don't like my device giving me stress.

I got it from VOY on nairaland here
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:
I just reset the factory setting this evening and it's not any better. Still hot and going off on its own

ma just go fast return that shit back, if it not too late maybe, i don't trust those seller
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by thowbie7ven(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:
I would have just saved extra 40k and gotten a new s6. I'm just regretting. This Is my First time using a UK used device and I don't like my device giving me stress.

I got it from VOY on nairaland here
Was a warranty placed on the gadget?...is the seller physically accessible i.e shop or store...if not, just forget and move on...
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Heemcelph: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
The battery could be malfunctioning, try another battery (a good one). As for the flicker, it's mostly when the backlight is on super low, increase the backlight and the flickering would stop for a long while. Sometimes when the flickering persist, increase backlight to max, use for a couple of minutes/hours then reduce the backlight, it helps with the flickering. I'm telling you all these from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Heemcelph:
The battery could be malfunctioning, try another battery (a good one). As for the flicker, it's mostly when the backlight is on super low, increase the backlight and the flickering would stop for a long while. Sometimes when the flickering persist, increase backlight to max, use for a couple of minutes/hours then reduce the backlight, it helps with the flickering. I'm telling you all these from experience.
thanks. I suspect Dat bcuz d battery is swollen. But could only the battery cause only these problems?
I mean this fone is very very hot
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:
thanks. I suspect Dat bcuz d battery is swollen. But could only the battery cause only these problems?

If the battery is swollen, I would advise you to stop using it till you change the battery (buy an original oem battery and test)...

The phone getting hot, could also be as a result of defective battery..........
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
I've always said one of the disadvantages of buying a used phone with removable battery is that most of the times the sellers remove the original battery and replace it with fake battery and then sell the original battery separately. They do the same with laptops. However galaxy s5 is a 2014 phone so even if it's the original battery I expect the battery capacity to have deteriorated. op the problem with ur phone is most likely the battery. If u can return the phone then return it, if not then try and change the battery with a genuine one.

And that s6 u are trying to buy is another case. That phone has one of the worst battery life I've seen in a phone. The resolution is 1440p, very good to look at but takes a heavy toll on the battery and u will need to charge it 3 or more times a day. I'm talking from experience. Also it doesn't have an SD card slot, I thought it wasn't a big deal but after w few months i found out the 32gb is not enough without SD card support.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Heemcelph: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:
Do away with the battery before it causes more harm to your device. The bad battery must have triggered the flickering, the flickering doesn't just start, something must trigger it. Mine was triggered by a bad charger. Though the flickering is very common with refurbished s5, but something usually triggers it.
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jamariwolff:

..u again. ..sadly u juss lost a shance to get to no avail Londoner. ..shame!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:
I got a UK used Samsung s5 3 weeks ago, and since yesterday. It started going off on its own.

3. After it shuts down, I have to wait 30 min or more, remove the battery and trying putting it on again before it comes up.
4. When operating, the screen flickers showing different colors and splittin of lines.

^^^kaiiiiii. .see booooobsi booooobsi ..sweery can I kiss cheesy
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

^^^kaiiiiii. .see booooobsi booooobsi ..sweery can I kiss cheesy
no thanks. I have a boyfriend. He's very handsome and TALL
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 10:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

angry
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

. TALL how?... 20 feet?...Tall guys are abnormal..anyways angry

sweery truss me..my dik is very big & when I Come like thunder..women say am strong like bull..can I juss enter a little? .. juss the head
smiley
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

. TALL how?... 20 feet?...Tall guys are abnormal..anyways angry

sweery truss me..my dik is very big & when I Come like thunder..women say am strong like bull..can I juss enter a little? .. juss the head
smiley
that is him. Handsome as hell. I don't do short men, sorry còck
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

angry
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

angry
yeah here he is. His name is John. He is perfection and I love him so much. Leave me alone mr còck!!!

I'm in a happy relationship
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

him were? Which him?..sweery did I mention am from pekam London & I drive a £28,000 (cash ) range rover spot with alloy will. .juss in case u ask....anyways I have moiney.

..short men are best lover. ..can I mate wit u?
wink
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

him were? Which him?..sweery did I mention am from pekam London & I drive a £28,000 (cash ) range rover spot with alloy will. .juss in case u ask....anyways I have moiney.

..short men are best lover. ..can I mate wit u?
wink
yes, over a thousand times already.
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:
yeah here he is. His name is John. He is perfection and I love him so much. Leave me alone mr còck!!!

..what tha hell?..that boy look like our former housemaid who stole the telvis ion & ran away...if that's yor boyfriend 4real then u clearlyca desperate. ..please please please can I mate wit u?..I will pay cash (pounds) smiley
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

..what tha hell?..that boy look like our former housemaid who stole the telvis ion & ran away...if that's yor boyfriend 4real then u clearlyca desperate. ..please please please can I mate wit u?..I will pay cash (pounds) smiley
goodnight
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

..John? ...sweery:guess wot.. I can help John. .if u sleep with me, I promise to post £12 cash to John to buy a nice suit there in Nigeria. ..all I need is juss 3 round. ..deal? cheesy
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:
goodnight

..sweery I can't sleep nah... wot u wearing? cheesy
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

..John? ...sweery:guess wot.. I can help John. .if u sleep with me, I promise to post £12 cash to John to buy a nice suit there in Nigeria. ..all I need is juss 3 round. ..deal? cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
I'll report yu to the mods, no joking angry
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
angry angry
MrCork:

..sweery I can't sleep nah... wot u wearing? cheesy
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:

I guess you're running android 6.0. I think you screen is fake since it's flickering. It may have been soaked in water since it was water resistant for a test. If you increase brightness it can stop the flickering. Now let me finally help you out.
If you're have the sm g900f pls kindly listen carefully.
You need to upgrade to atleast android 8.1 and I have a a rom for you. Once you're ready let me give you the link. How to flash twrp with odin and install r with gapps.
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by MrCork: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jamariwolff:
grin grin grin grin grin
I'll report yu to the mods, no joking angry

..sweery but am very sexxxy and women love me..(fact)...ok..let me mate wit u and I promise not to come inside...I also buy u a nice wig..deal? smiley
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
CHESTER48:
I guess you're running android 6.0. I think you screen is fake since it's flickering. It may have been soaked in water since it was water resistant for a test. If you increase brightness it can stop the flickering. Now let me finally help you out.
If you're have the sm g900f pls kindly listen carefully.
You need to upgrade to atleast android 8.1 and I have a a rom for you. Once you're ready let me give you the link. How to flash twrp with odin and install r with gapps.
thanks. Never mind tho, i got a new phone samsung j7 neo recently and dumped that scrap
Re: Help With Samsung S5 Problem by Jamariwolff(f): 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
MrCork:

..sweery but am very sexxxy and women love me..(fact)...ok..let me mate wit u and I promise not to come inside...I also buy u a nice wig..deal? smiley
my boyfriend is a mechanical engineer, he's sexier

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Money Always Waste Wen I Recharge My 9mobile Line / Download Fortnite Mobile For Ios And Android Apk + Obb Data / Malicious Apps To Delete From Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.