Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,159 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse (564 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Please Help Me On Way Forward After Surviving Domestic Violence And Abuse / Why Do You Drink, Smoke And Abuse Drug? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by Vivianoasis(f): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
We find ourselves in a society that almost shut us up from speaking out about sex and this also affects our sense of judgment when an improper act occurs and the victim speaks up. On most occasions, the victim is blamed for provoking the perpetrator of such evil or even told to keep quiet and never speak of it.

It gets worse when this harassment is coming from a family member. It is even more difficult to tell your story and have someone take sides with you. I was a victim of sexual harassment by a family member but I was fortunate to find my voice and defend myself as well as speak up about it as soon as I could.

As a young girl of sixteen, I had just finished secondary school and was preparing for JAMB exams then. I was living with my uncle who was single and wanted me to concentrate on the forthcoming exams.

When he leaves for work I was usually alone all day till he returned late in the night thanks to Lagos traffic.

We were doing just fine that way until the devil came knocking.

A second cousin of mine whose family didn't live so far away starts coming to visit. Initially, he would visit in the morning and leave towards evening, claiming he wanted to keep me company. I was grateful for that because it gets boring a times being alone at home, besides some of my 1st cousins also come around so it was okay by me. Whenever my uncle returned from work, I usually tell him who visited and he didn't have a problem with that.

On this particular day, he comes visting towards evening, I was a bit surprised but still felt it was okay. I made dinner and my uncle returned from work. After eating my uncle asked him why he stayed that late and he told my uncle he wanted to pass the night with us. When I felt sleepy, I said my good night and went to my room.

I felt something hard poking me from my subconscious few hours later and I woke up startled, only to see my cousin lying next to me feigning to be deeply asleep. Apparently, it was his manhood that was poking me. I hit him and he woke up, I asked what he was doing on my bed and he replied that he finds it difficult sleeping alone so he decided to share the bed with me. Innocently I believed him and asked him to move. I slept after a while and same poking occurred again and what I did was push him and put pillows between us. That's how we slept till morning. He left in the morning and I was relieved.

For the full story kindly click the link below:
https://nakedwithvivian.com/2018/06/11/dealing-with-sexual-harassment-abuse/
Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by KanwuliaExtra: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Blame the “serpent” in “the garden of Eden”! grin
Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by KanwuliaExtra: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Sexual harrasment is predominantly A MALE DISEASE! Yesssssoh. Women have learned to exhibit such primitive yearnings from men ke.That was how one “king david” stole another man’s wife and one “God” like that assisted him by killing both HUSBAND and BABY!

Divine wickedness!
All for TOTO! cry

That “poking” of the “pehnis”, always shows a man in his lowest ebb of spirituality.

Even little children are not spared! cry

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by chiommy123(f): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
parents should be careful the kind of people they allow into their homes and always pray for their children

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by Cutehector(m): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
The moment we realise that a man and a woman can't sleep on the same bed without anything going down, the better it would become

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by Vivianoasis(f): 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Re: Dealing With Sexual Harassment And Abuse by mimimile93: 1:42am On Jul 20, 2018
Men are victims of sexual harrasmnt these days dan women..

(1) (Reply)

Sex Education At Home / Ras Kimono Wife, Efemena Dies 3 Months After Husband’s Death / Stop Calling Ugly Thing Beautiful Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.