Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments (41960 Views)

Regina Daniels Mourns Ras Kimono: 'I Never Knew That Death Is Real Until Today' / Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / Ras Kimono Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 12, 2018
One of my all time Nigeria favourite. I will miss you brother man. Sleep on and rest in Zion. You have chant down Babylon inna postive way with your vibrations. It is well.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 12, 2018
MrWondah:
So sad, no body don still tell us wetin killam. Heart attack, drug overdose, village people or haters. Please somebody find out.
Lolzz... So village people & haters done become cause of death too.. Na wah oo grin grin
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by phatsoar1(m): 6:58am On Jun 12, 2018
A terrible lose.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by soberdrunk(m): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2018
Most Nigerian hospitals can only treat 'Malaria and Typhoid"........... angry

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by politicalpastor: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2018
MrWondah:
So sad, no body don still tell us wetin killam. Heart attack, drug overdose, village people or haters. Please somebody find out.

This guy. U funny but seriously U are not funny.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by eyinjuege: 7:01am On Jun 12, 2018
RIP Ras Kimono
We are all responsible for our health.
Nothing beats a healthy living.
Exercise more, eat less, lose that excess weight, have a healthy diet- no more nkwobi with cold beer, reduce that oil in your afang/edikaikon soups, reduce those portions of amala and eba and rice and bread, stop smoking, yearly check up at the hospital to check your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, your kidney function, and liver function. Prostate tests for the men, mammography with cervical smears every 3 years for the older women.
He probably had a massive heart attack. Oyibo too dey die of heart attack, but they try to do a lot of prevention over there.

2 Likes

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by bigpicture001: 7:06am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:
Nigeria's health sector is a joke... Our poor health facilities are responsible for most of d deaths suffered in dis country. Most hospitals and clinics aren't equipped for primary healthcare talk more of emergency services.. Imagine having to carry an emergency case from one hospital to d other...
...this is not the case here, the best equipped hospital in the world can't save you from heart attack...what the govt shld do instead is increase awareness on habits dt leads to heart attack tru it's ministry of both health nd information. also ban and strongly enforcement of such bans. like large salt intake over years leads to heart attack, like if u already have a blocked arteries, take boiled cup of hot water every morning nd avoid heart stressful jobs till u remove it. take a glass of water b4 u bath every morning to normalise the heart pressure. many other tin to save her ppl. health education is key

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by nnamdiokafor: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2018
information1:
@Talkgeria

Following the death of Ukeleke Onwubuya, Nigerian reggae star, who was professionally known as Ras Kimono died 2days, sparking sad reactions from around Nigeria.

New details have emerged that some of the things that happened during his final moments.

Based on Punch Metro, it was gathered that the dreadlocked musician had slumped at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, while waiting to board a flight to the United States, on Saturday night.

As per sources close to him, Kimono was immediately rushed to an unnamed hospital in Ikeja and then taken to another hospital on Lagos Island where he later died on Sunday morning.

The death of the artiste, who was a native of Onicha Olona in the Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State and who recently clocked 60, was confirmed by the President of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria, Pretty Okafor and the Chairman of the Copyright Society of Nigeria, Chief Tony Okoroji.

The event has since thrown members of the Nigerian music and culture community into deep mourning.

https://talkgeria.com/collapsed-inside-lagos-airport-ras-kimonos-final-moments/
Rip
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nbote(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2018
bigpicture001:
...this is not the case here, the best equipped hospital in the world can't save you from heart attack...what the govt shld do instead is increase awareness on habits dt leads to heart attack tru it's ministry of both health nd information. also ban and strongly enforcement of such bans. like large salt intake over years leads to heart attack, like if u already have a blocked arteries, take boiled cup of hot water every morning nd avoid heart stressful jobs till u remove it. take a glass of water b4 u bath every morning to normalise the heart pressure. many other tin to save her ppl. health education is key

I understand ur point bro.. I was simply pointing to our emergency services preparedness.. Atleast d best hospitals wouldn't need to b moving an emergency case around..
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Akpacha(m): 7:17am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:
Nigeria's health sector is a joke... Our poor health facilities are responsible for most of d deaths suffered in dis country. Most hospitals and clinics aren't equipped for primary healthcare talk more of emergency services.. Imagine having to carry an emergency case from one hospital to d other...

If ur brain wasn't filled with mucus U'ld have understood my post was about our health sector preparedness for emergency services instead of d artistes death.. Ur case is more of an emergency case dan our health sector

If U had any drop of sense at all, U'll have been able to comprehend what my post is about.. I'm pretty sure U also have problems with ur vision as well becos I was clear wen I commented about our health sector emergency services preparedness
Since U both want to always compare with d western world, how many cases have u heard where an emergency case is moved from hospital to hospital??
over sabi English the worry two of una, person no de die in peace again? Where u de claim poor medical facilities ur mate d build hospital give govt.

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2018
definitely the hand work of hid village people.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:

If ur brain wasn't filled with mucus U'ld have understood my post was about our health sector preparedness for emergency services instead of d artistes death.. Ur case is more of an emergency case dan our health sector

If U had any drop of sense at all, U'll have been able to comprehend what my post is about.. I'm pretty sure U also have problems with ur vision as well becos I was clear wen I commented about our health sector emergency services preparedness
Since U both want to always compare with d western world, how many cases have u heard where an emergency case is moved from hospital to hospital??

They move emergency cases all the time here in the US at least.

After stabilization you should move the patient to a qualified care center. Be it a trauma center, children’s hospital, etc
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2018
eyinjuege:
RIP Ras Kimono
We are all responsible for our health.
Nothing beats a healthy living.
Exercise more, eat less, lose that excess weight, have a healthy diet- no more nkwobi with cold beer, reduce that oil in your afang/edikaikon soups, reduce those portions of amala and eba and rice and bread, stop smoking, yearly check up at the hospital to check your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, your kidney function, and liver function. Prostate tests for the men, mammography with cervical smears every 3 years for the older women.
He probably had a massive heart attack. Oyibo too dey die of heart attack, but they try to do a lot of prevention over there.

My primary care provider (Doctor) tells me that he is my secondary care provider that I’m the primary grin

1 Like

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by enemyofprogress: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2018
dakeskese:
Better than collapsing in a woman's honeypot
or jumping into the sea
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by themodernman: 7:44am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:

And pardon me I pray, who's to blame for this mess in our health sector pls
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by udemzyudex(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2018
MrWondah:

Wetin u wan use am do?
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by zoedew: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2018
He collapsed and died “under pressure”!
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nbote(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2018
Akpacha:
over sabi English the worry two of una, person no de die in peace again? Where u de claim poor medical facilities ur mate d build hospital give govt.

And wetin ur mate dey busy dey do? Talk true
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nbote(m): 8:06am On Jun 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

They move emergency cases all the time here in the US at least.

After stabilization you should move the patient to a qualified care center. Be it a trauma center, children’s hospital, etc

Exactly my point... Atleast d emergency case is stabilised first before it is moved to a more qualified care centre.. It is d stabilization dat we are suffering from.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by IMASTEX: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:
You should have best ignored those kids mentioning you wrongly. They should always depend on miracle not to fall sick in this country. Only then will they understand your meaning. I know of someone who was given a fake drugs in a government hospital. It was one of the doctors who later spotted it after ineffective usage. A love one was also giving wrong diagnosis & treatment in a federal hospital. It was after changing hospital that is was discovered. A nurse also gave someone overdose in a government hospital, etc. The cases are endless and nothing is happening to fix things none the offender brought to account. You should just refer them to the recent remark by Bill Gate about Nigeria healthcare.
I stand to be corrected, anyone that died in the western world would have died in Nigeria 20 years earlier. Nigerians are not religious because they love God, they are religious because that is the only thing they could draw hope from. There was a country!

2 Likes

Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by poseidon12: 8:19am On Jun 12, 2018
Unfortunate. If he had made it to the US, he probably would have survived. Any serious health issue in Nigeria constitutes a death sentence. Our hospitals (glorified) generally, are only equipped to treat malaria (and the so called typhoid). Sometimes you wonder if typhoid is the only bacterial infection that exists in Nigeria. We are not serious in Nigeria.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2018
�oh what a life!
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 12, 2018
life is indeed transient!

we chatted /dined at Sheraton some Couple of weeks ago and today, he's no more.

#WE ARE ALL ON DEATH ROW,
...time & Circumstance differs.

RIP LEGEND!
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Assassin101: 8:35am On Jun 12, 2018
ayaga yaga yaga yo..... RIP
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Baroba(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2018
He checked out pretty young @ 60, likely a cardiac arrest..RIP Rastaman..
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by kingsley18(m): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Good morning

Please help CPA cross the finish line on his INDOMIE TV COMMERICAL ENTRY.

Use the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3unHDHHE_Y

Please LIKE and COMMENT on the video. Thanks
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by ikorodureporta: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2018
Problm of overweght
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by OsuGanja(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:

I heard about the three idiots but this two idiots with fake western orientation... Lol���
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 12, 2018
Nbote:

Some people are unintellectually patriotic. It's a shame that they missed the point in your write up. The Healthcare system is in shambles yet they are blabbing about celebrities dying in Canada. Nobody in the western world lives forever.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by Andy2274: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2018
I think FAAN and FG should improve on the medical centre in the airport. They don't have equipments to give first aid to people before talking them to the hospital. Imagine taking someone who collapsed from airport to Ikeja. What if that traffic at Ikeja build up. They should provide at least a first aid equipment. Many people have died at that airport especially MM1A because of lack of first aid.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by CioAngels(f): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
The stealing of our common wealths to hide in the cemetery, water tanks and village houses by the Nigerian politicians killed him. All the monies that should have been used for the betterment of our hospitals, schools and others are in their bank accounts and panama papers. Virgin Island, thieves.
Re: Ras Kimono Collapsed At Lagos Airport - His Final Moments by CioAngels(f): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
dairykidd:

I am telling u bro.. A lot of deaths occurring in these parts can be totally avoidable.. Its just so sad that we have always been governed by clueless nitwits.. It didn't just start with this current Fulani goat herder..We need to revolt or our future generations will still be complaining about the same old sh!t undecided
Mainly Thieves also.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido's Manager, Obama's Apartment On Fire / Yemi Alade Rocks A Large Gele (photos) / Pasuma To Marry Ronke Odusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.