Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi (12914 Views)

Buhari Confers GCON On Tanko Muhammad / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by ademoladeji(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

An honor well deserved

But it took Buhari 3 years into his tenure to recognize that Abiola deserved more.

And now another 3 years into his tenure to recognize Gani?

Anyone who is wise will know this to be a pre 2019 strategy. I still love it though. cool

At least PDP were there for 16yrs without recognizing them.

Meanwhile before you argue for GEJ, it was about the same time when he wanted to change UNILAG to MAULAG. Can u give birth and name him/her MAULAG? BTW, an institution has Moshood Abiola already. Why trying to have PolyZIK when there's UniZIK.?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Okoroawusa: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
bedspread:
JESUS CHRIST, THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
So Jesus Christ answers only your prayer and doesn't answer the prayer of any one with a different opinion from you in an issue?

As for "the name above all names"...on a good day we shall trade at Owerre Nchi

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Just2endowed2(m): 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
If gani were alive, the question is, would he have accepted buhari offer of award, giving what is going on in buhari administration?

Come on guys, we know the man is a man of honour and integrity. He would have challenged Buhari head on in court. We knew what he stoodfor and everything.The best the government to do is to name a national building, airport or federal university after him.

Believe me i still stand that he will never accept any greek gift from either APC or PDP if they were in power undecided
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by vinnex: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Omololu007:
what stop GEJ from recognizing him after spending 5 years in power,or for OBJ to recognized him after spending 8 years in power

Cc salamRushdie NzeNri abokibuhari LZAA zombieHUNTER
Because they are what they are not the true pretender of APC who is killing Nigerians and still laughing at them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by bedspread: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=Okoroawusa post=68410031]
So Jesus Christ answers only your prayer and doesn't answer the prayer of any one with a different opinion from you in an issue?

[s]As for "the name above all names"...on a good day we shall trade at Owerre Nchi[[/s]/quote] foolish talk?? Wat is a thin called owerre nchi? bring it to me let me crush it
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Okoroawusa: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=bedspread post=68410182][/quote]
If you r not Igbo I just gave you a popular Igbo saying

if you r Igbo n you r asking what"Owerre nchi" means then let me give you another one:"He who proverb is explained to after its saying then the dowry paid on his mother is in vain"
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by chilariye: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
*DID YOU KNOW*

The First Church in Nigeria was built in 1842, some say 1898 (Google it)

BUT

1.The first Mosque was built in Ọyọ-Ile in 1550 A.D. (Google it)

2.The most recognized in history is the Great Mosque of Kano built in 1582.
The great mosque was built for Muhammad Rumfa in the 15th century and was moved to a new site by Muhammad Zaki in 1582.

However, history has it that mosques were built in

Iwo town in 1655 followed by

Iṣẹyin, in 1760;

Lagos, 1774;

Ṣaki, 1790;

and Oṣogbo, 1889.

The bottom line is whether 1550 or 1582, Islam has been in existence in Nigeria for almost three centuries before the coming of Christianity.

The British came and forced their religion on our forefathers which led to lots of them changing their names and becoming Christians.

Next time CAN talks about Islamization of Nigeria, please educate them.!
Islam did not just start. It has been there. If we did not islamize anyone all these years is it now because Buhari is president.
Why is CAN even screaming islamization now that for the first time a pastor is in the villa as vice president?
There was never an Imam who became Governor. In benue we had a Catholic priest as governor. In taraba we had a reverend both in Northern Nigeria. Now we have a pastor as vice President.
Please let religious bodies sow the seeds of peaceful coexistence not disharmony and needless suspicion.
QED!!!!
Copy and paste or share

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by eyinjuege: 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

An honor well deserved

But it took Buhari 3 years into his tenure to recognize that Abiola deserved more.

Anyone who is wise will know this to be a pre 2019 strategy. I still love it though. cool

Where is the another 3 years for Gani coming in? I thought he's only been in power for 3 years. Your another 3 years makes it seem as though na 6 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by eyinjuege: 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Just2endowed2:
If gani were alive, the question is, would he have accepted buhari offer of award, giving what is going on in buhari administration?

Come on guys, we know the man is a man of honour and integrity. He would have challenged Buhari head on in court. We knew what he stoodfor and everything.The best the government to do is to name a national building, airport or federal university after him.

Believe me i still stand that he will never accept any greek gift from either APC or PDP if they were in power undecided

I believe he probably would never have received it. He would have returned it and shamed the presidency.
He was a true patriot.
Courageous to the end.
I doubt we can have his type in Nigeria ever again, the way everyone is all about themselves these days.
But he's gone for good. His family want him to be honoured, so they will accept it.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
eyinjuege:

Where is the another 3 years for Gani coming in? I thought he's only been in power for 3 years. Your another 3 years makes it seem as though na 6 years.

Lol

No vex grin
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by PointB: 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Gani is deserving of the award, just that the politics beclouds it.
Would have been much better it it wasn't tainted with (bad) politicking
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Just2endowed2(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
eyinjuege:

I believe he probably would never have received it. He would have returned it and shamed the presidency.
He was a true patriot.
Courageous to the end.
I doubt we can have his type in Nigeria ever again, the way everyone is all about themselves these days.
But he's gone for good. His family want him to be honoured, so they will accept it.
if a father set a precedent by rejecting awards of national honours many times in his life time and he stood by it. I think the best is for the family to obey what the father believe.

Its strange right
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by ofexpryz(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

An honor well deserved

Don't u tink ifvall the past leaders were doing these things before there second terms in office we would have move some good steps forward?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by judondasylva(m): 8:13am On Jun 13, 2018
JUST FOR JUSTICE SAKE:

MKO Abiola(Yoruba) given National award.

His Vice (Hausa) given National award.

Chief Activist for d restoration of d mandate,Gani Fawehinmi (Yoruba) given National award.

INEC Chairman, Prof Humphery Nwosu ( Igbo) not given any award. This man conducted d freest & fairest election ever, even when he was told by the Military not to announce d result & even to discontinue d announcement of the result,he went ahead to be announcing it until d Military came there & arrested him & he still went ahead & announced Abiola d Winner of d election.But this man was never mentioned or even given a Village award by ds government. Remember that if this man had danced to d tune of the Military & not gone ahead to announce d result & said Abiola was d Winner of d election, there would not have been any ground for Abiola & Gani Fawehinmi to talk or be given awards now.

When Nnamdi Kanu talks, Igbos will even criticise him. This is for us to see how Igbos are taken in this country we all see be ours.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Reps To Give Legal Backing To Social Investment Programme / Okowa Is An Ashawo Man - Delta State Pensioners Protest Non-Payment Of Pensions / Senate Presidency Tussle: Votes May Sell For $5,000, $10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.