Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi (12890 Views)

Buhari Confers GCON On Tanko Muhammad / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Ebullience(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has formally conferred the title of Grand Commander Order of the Niger on human rights activist, philanthropist and democracy hero, Gani Fawehinmi.

The award was received on his behalf by his wife Ganiat Fawehinmi.

Details later…

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/12/breaking-buhari-formally-confers-gcon-title-on-gani-fawehinmi/

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by PassingShot(m): 11:43am On Jun 12, 2018
Let those who are sad enter lagoon.

EOD!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by GavelSlam: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2018
Well deserved.

It is mind boggling how successive governments and indeed the NBA overlooked the selfless and exemplary service of Gani to this nation.

Kudos to the government of the day for this recognition and award.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2018
grin

An honor well deserved

But it took Buhari 3 years into his tenure to recognize that Abiola deserved more.

And now another 3 years into his tenure to recognize Gani?

Anyone who is wise will know this to be a pre 2019 strategy. I still love it though. cool

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by ORIENTATION101: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2018
okoro this thread is highly inflammable beware of hypertension

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

An honor well deserved

But it took Buhari 3 years into his tenure to recognize that Abiola deserved more.

Anyone who is wise will know this to be a pre 2019 strategy. I still love it though. cool

At the end of the month reject your salary. Tell you employer it is a pre-next month strategy.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2018
TheCabal:

At the end of the month reject your salary. Tell you employer it is a pre-next month strategy.

Very boring, I must confess

Can you try again, please? smiley

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Omololu007(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

An honor well deserved

what stop GEJ from recognizing him after spending 5 years in power,or for OBJ to recognized him after spending 8 years in power

Cc salamRushdie NzeNri abokibuhari LZAA zombieHUNTER

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by buhariguy(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2018
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra will not like this.

They are even more aggressive when buhari is doing good..

If he right past injustice, they will be aggressive,
If he arrest criminals, they will be aggressive.
If he praise the youth in international scene, they will be aggressive.

The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra hate buhari because they want the corruption to continue .

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by seunmsg(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2018
Honour well deserved. I am really very emotional about Gani Fawehinmi's recognition. He gave his all to the fight against human right abuses and the restoration of democracy in Nigeria. He was haunted and harrased everywhere but never gave up. He also never went on exile unlike other advocates of the actualisation of June 12. He remains Nigeria's quintessential human right activist and social crusader even in death. Rest on hero.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
Omololu007:
what stop GEJ from recognizing him after spending 5 years in power,or for OBJ to recognized him after spending 8 years in power

I'm not against any recognition, before you start mentioning every single nairalander

I'm concerned about it coming now. Is this the first June 12 we've had? Why wait till now?

That was how GEJ kept his national conference till 2014, all to entice us in 2015

These people keep playing with our heads. That's my message

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
seunmsg:
Honour well deserved. I am really very emotional about Gani Fawehinmi's recognition. He gave his all to the fight against human right abuses and the restoration of democracy in Nigeria. He was haunted and harrased everywhere but never gave up. He also never went on exile unlike other advocates of the actualisation of June 12. He remains Nigeria's quintessential human right activist and social crusader even in death. Rest on hero.

This is my own true hero of democracy

He fought well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Omololu007(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:

I'm not against any recognition, before you start mentioning every single nairalander

I'm concerned about it coming now. Is this the first June 12 we've had? Why wait till now?

That was how GEJ kept his national conference till 2014, all to entice us in 2015

These people keep playing with our heads. That's my message
I now understand you.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by jidamsel43(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
Whether it's political motivated, political oriented or political strategy, PMB has right the wrong by previous leaders. This is well deserve honour and will in great measure redeem the battered image of the president.

PMB TILL 2023

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by izzou(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Omololu007:
I now understand you.

Thank you smiley

I'm still happy that Fawehinmi is recognized. That to me, is well deserved, although too late.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by bedspread: 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
jidamsel43:
Whether it's political motivated, political oriented or political strategy, PMB has right the wrong by previous leaders. This is well deserve honour and will in great measure redeem the battered image of the president.

PMB TILL 2023
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by bedspread: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
jidamsel43:

PMB TILL 2023
NULLIFIED IN THE NAME OF JESUS..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Bossontop(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
undecided
Congratulations.....nice development
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Yeeyo: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Buhari specialize in appointment and title to death people

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
BUBU INVITED OBASANJO AND BABAGINDA TO GRACE THE OCCASION, BUBU THOUGHT OBASANJO NA BASTARD I TRUST BABA BECAUSE HE WOULD NEVER ATTEND WHILE BABAGINDA DEY FAIR BIN KIILL BECAUSE ABIOLA'S FAMILY MEAN TO KILL BABAGINDA. QUOTE ME
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Hedonisst: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Gani must be rolling with disgust in his grave. If he were alive, would he be a Buhari supporter or a leading critic of this clueless and demonic administration?

I know many oily soup 'activists' and noise makers have been compromised by Buhari and Tinubu (including Wole Soyinka and Femi Falana), but I really don't know if Gani would have been that shameless if he were alive today.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by deebrain(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Well deserved

Let's learn to honor people while they are alive
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by firo08(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Medicine after death..

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
GavelSlam:
Well deserved.

It is mind boggling how successive governments and indeed the NBA overlooked the selfless and exemplary service of Gani to this nation.

Kudos to the government of the day for this recognition and award.

Whenever we are talking about Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we should also remember Barrister Alao Aka Bashorun. NBA should not forget this man. Ovie Kokori & Barrister Alao Aka Bashorun played prominent roles. Hajiya Sawaba Gambo was a prominent woman human right activist this nation must not forget. This is necessary for the young & future generations.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by farem: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
Well deserved
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by greatman247(m): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Buhari well done sir. You're tha man. Award well deserved and anyone that does not like this should go hang himself or herself, period.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Okoroawusa: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
bedspread:
NULLIFIED IN THE NAME OF JESUS..
which Jesus?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by cytell56: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ebullience:
President Muhammadu Buhari has formally conferred the title of Grand Commander Order of the Niger on human rights activist, philanthropist and democracy hero, Gani Fawehinmi.

The award was received on his behalf by his wife Ganiat Fawehinmi.

Details later…

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/06/12/breaking-buhari-formally-confers-gcon-title-on-gani-fawehinmi/

Cluessless President, there is no law that is backing the conferment.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Almaiga: 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
IPOB's right now grin

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by bedspread: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Okoroawusa:

which Jesus?
JESUS CHRIST, THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Formally Confers GCON Title On Gani Fawehinmi by Everking(m): 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
Game of d mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF, Mid-Belt Forum, PANDEF Join Forces / Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! / Okorocha Gives Cash And Gifts To 1000 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.