Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Down Memory Lane- Who Sent Me? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Down Memory Lane- Who Sent Me? (413 Views)

"In Loving Memory Of The Palancas" - Dstvnig Continues To Troll Angola / Rio Ferdinand: This 60 Mins Have Sent Me To The Emmergency Ward / My Brother Sent Me 1m To Bet Chelsea Win Man City. Should I Play It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Down Memory Lane- Who Sent Me? by Vivianoasis(f): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
"When Nigeria win Brazil 2x

Bebeto start to cry

When Nigeria win Brazil"

This was the song all over Warri that night During the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, USA. The Super Eagles of Nigeria went ahead and won the gold medal for the football competition. The nation was thrown into celebration and I even remembered my father giving out drinks like he had won a lottery.

The Dream Team as they were fondly called then returned and were received by the federal government. After that came the state reception and this is where my story lies.

Wilson Oruma was one of the players and he returned to his base in Warri. Now an adult I still wonder what came over me that day. Wilson was not my brother,uncle, cousin, friend, or anything of that sort butI was there anyway, lol. We lined up enmass waiting for his arrival at the airport in warri. How did I get there? I trekked of course!

After waiting for hours, he finally arrives and the parade began. We danced from the airport, passed the junction to my house yet I continued till we got to Airport Junction- for those familiar with Warri. My mind didn't tell me I was going off my route cos I was enjoying the music and the groove was on point. Kids from my street turned back at that point but I continued.

To continue reading, click the link below:

https://nakedwithvivian.com/2018/06/12/down-memory-lane-who-sent-me/
Re: Down Memory Lane- Who Sent Me? by Vivianoasis(f): 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
And super eagles are gradually on the move to make me embark on another missionary journey. This time am more excited because the journey will likely lead me to my mother's village to welcome Kelechi Iheanacho!!!
Up Super Eagles!!!!!!!
Re: Down Memory Lane- Who Sent Me? by Vivianoasis(f): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Will Goaltv Cover All The World Cup Matches Live? / Why Musa Will Score Goals Against Argentina And Lessons Learned From Iceland / Argentina’s Possible XI For Crunch Match Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.