Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. (14086 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by oluite(f): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
you have N100,000.00.wow dats enough 4 a small intro or traditional marriage and a small court wedding(with u,d bride n witness usually 2).even if u want a big wedding u can do dat later wen u av enough cash.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by MsTom(f): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
I wonder the kind of ceremony you are planning to pull, that you feel you dont have enough. What is wrong in doing a registry? If you must wed in church, what is wrong in doing it in your pastor's office? All you need are two witness. Your immediate family and the bride's immediate family are enough. You can wear native attire not necessarily white and suits. The only thing you need do is pay all the bride price or whatever ( I believe the family of the bride would be considerate), pay for registry, get married, cut the cake-if you have and go back home. Anyone who wants to eat should go home with you and prepare eba for them ( it actually happened in case of someone I know). In short, all I am trying to say is be wise in your preparation for your wedding. Remeber that there is life after that day and all those who would come and chop on that day would walk away and most of them never look back to ask for your welfare. You are on your own after the day. So, call your wife to be and plan the best economical wedding ever.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by coschuks(m): 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
u can also do it with 50k
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ranoscky(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
@OP if u know say u no get enough money make u do the 1 wey ur money reach, no be by force abeg.

u say u get 100k, omo u get money na . . etin u stil dey talk? . . after church service, carry the peeps wey come d

wedding go house go buy mineral and cabin biscuit give dem make dem chop jare . . . enough change go remain inside

the 100k sef, afterall, no b rice dem dey com chop 4 wedding, na to com and witness d 2 couples being joined together.

who hunger dey catch, if 'em reach house make'em go chop, u no use b'cos of 'am do wedding.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by larimo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
@poster, it appears you have a 'big' wedding in mind but you dont have the cash. If so, thats not a good way to start a home. We must always think and plan ahead.

However, since you are not sure about changing the date, be reasonable, do a court wedding. It costs very little. You can also organise both immediate families (maybe 20 people undecided) and do a very very little trad wedding/engagement with very light refreshment. For that number you may spend N500 per plate and N150 for drinks, etc. Thats about N13,000. Take a few photos (memories wink), etc. You may just use N20,000 - N25,000 for everything.

Think about it. BE WISE. God bless.

PS: I hope you already have a house rented and a regular paying job too shocked.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by ayo147: 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
Victory is from God alone. smiley
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by oluwabamis(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
i will like to be invited for the wedding, at least to meet u personally and give u my little present. if its holding in lagos, then feel free to email me the address of the venue and date(s) (if u want to) oayorinde@gmail.com
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by bestman09(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
100k?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Pls the amount is even 2 much for a wedding! Dont 4get that the wedding will just be 4 about 4hrs and the marriage proper will start. For Gods sake dont make the mistake i made during my own wedding. Even if you decide to feed every member of NR on that day, everything will be forgotten b4 1 month. Do you still remember how much Mike Adenuga (GLO boss) spent on his daughter's wedding? We have all forgotten. Pls cut your coat according to your cloth and dont even spend all the 100k. GOOD LUCK
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by DOAweb(m): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2010

Can someone tell me where the to-be wife contribution comes into play?? Shey she no go contribute to the wedding at all??
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Orikinla(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
N100, 000 is enough for your wedding as long as you are going to wed to make your wife-to-be happy to start a family with you and not to impress anybody.

My pastor had a very simple wedding with his wife and two witnesses. Then they all went to the Lagos Sheraton in Ikeja and had something good to eat and drink. Finis. They are still happily married today and very comfortable.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO IMPRESS ANYONE AND THEN STARVE AND BE IN DEBT LATER.

NO EGO TRIPPING.

Happy wedding day.

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by sayso: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
if you fail, to plan,you will definitely plan to fail.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by yvyy(f): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
my dear u need not cancel ur wedding.it was good u declared d wedding date.

call me and i'll tell u what to do u need not be afraid.its achievable.

call me on 08037988194.i'll tell u what to do.but provided u have a place u work and earn monthly pay.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by ud4u: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
Court wedding might be preferable in this case with few number of attendance, you might even discover you will not spend up to half of the money you mentioned. Good luck
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by stebell(m): 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
guy i feel your pain but i jus wanna say dont give up look unto GOD and he will make a way where there's none. marriage comes wit a lot of pressure expecially if you dont earn big. talk to your spouse see if yu two can cut down some of the items on the menu.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by na2day(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
ol boy! your wife to be no get work? let her contribute to d 100k and you can still have a reasonable wedding. U both need cooperation in 9ja economy of now or u're both doomed!
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by benlay(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
part of being ready for wedding includes being ready psychologically, mentally, spiritually, and financially,
if one is missing i bet you are not ready. Pray to God for help.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
Better RESET quick.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by spikedcylinder: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Do you have a house and other basic things? If yes, you don't need a big ceremony abeg. Just go to the registry, wed and have lunch/dinner with your new wife afterwards. Finito. Married life has begun.
We place too much emphasis on irrelevant things sometimes.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
Court wedding aint expensive at all.
You and your parents.
The bride and her parents.
And couple of friends.
So that shd be within 100K.

Good luck and wish you the best
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by princekevo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
My guy you dey crazeoooo. How you go fix wedding now without checking your pocket? Which advice you want make we give you? You want make i tell you to carry you last 100k go do wedding, and after wedding una go chop sand?
Some people sef dey do like say this marriage na do or die affair, jst becoz they want to answer, i am married.

My fren go find better thing do with your life and tell the poor gilr to wait for you. If she no fit wait then she can find another man who is ready for marrage. The truth is that you might be ripe but not yet ready for marriage.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by TeskyMan(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hello Mr Poster,

To start with, I happen to be a victim of your circumstance 4 yrs ago. The mistake you made is that you have allowed your ego and in-law pressure to beclowd your thinking. You have ALREADY FIXED A DATE for the Wedding. Now that you have done this, my candid advice is :-

First : Call your spouse and exlplain to her.Tell her nothing but the truth. The mistake people make is that both BRIDE and GROOM never for once sat down to discuss their expected home. They discussed so much about the Wedding ceremonies just the way you are doing right now. As I said earlier, make your wife see the reason why you have to do this. In my own case, I explained to my wife and we both agree. Despite the fact that my mother-in-law happpens to be the "ovation wedding" mindset kind of person, but with the agreement between my wife and I we were able to surpress the pressure of "BIG WEDDING AT ALL COST".

Secondly : What do you take marriage for? I think i need to ask you? Do you think marriage is what you watch in Home Videos or what you read in Novels, my brother you have to stand up for your marriage to work. Whether you believe it or not, if after your wedding, you can't meet up with the daily challenges of your marriage, I am sorry to say this, the marriage will end up in a mess. My friend, there are 1000 and 1 issues you need money for after wedding. In fact at this point, based on my past experience and your present financial trap, I will advice you to go for ONLY Court wedding. That is if you have not already printed IV for your wedding. You will quickly let people understand that its COURT WEDDING and not CHURCH Wedding. I did it and it work for me. You need to stand by your decision, both your spouse and you. Being able to stand by your decision will be the foundation of your marriage, after all, the marriage proper consist of YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. Every other person is a visitor, weather you believe it or not they will come and go but you and your wife remain in the marriage for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever, till death tear you apart.

Lastly : If you have decided to go for COURT WEDDING, you will spend less than 25,000naira. I am talking from experience and you have a whooping sum of 75,000naira left. Answer these few questions sincerely. Do you have a reliable accomodation which is truthfully habitable for you and your spouse? Do you have other source of income apart from white collar job? How do you intend to take care of your unborn kids? Infact how many kids do you guys agree to give birth to? Is your In-Law from a well-to-do family? Do you have to contribute so much to the daily living of your in-law's too? Is your wife the first child or the last?, so much question begging for answer, think i need to stop here. Sincere answers to these questions will give you a clue into the institution called Marriage. A lot of young guyz and ladies today believed that marriage is a MEGA WEDDING, Hummmm, my brother as the yoruba adage says " Ohun ti onbe le'yin efa, o ju eje lo" meaning there are far more than 1000 and 1 numbers after the number 6.

I will leave you with this nugget, which will help you in your marriage proper,

[b]A couple needs to understand something very simple: it is NOT your duty or responsibility to make yourself happy, it’s your spouse’s duty. This is where selflessness and sacrifice come in.

Sacrifice is about forgetting about you.

Sacrifice is about closing the door on your ego.

Sacrifice is about swapping convenience for inconvenience for the sake of your relationship.

Sacrifice is about acknowledging the fact that your spouse’s happiness is primary and yours is secondary.

Sacrifice is about accepting a view you don’t necessarily agree with for the sake of peace in your home.

Sacrifice is realization of the fact that disagreements will arise, but they do not need to escalate to quarrels.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that no matter how strong-willed you are, your husband is the head of the home and should be accorded that respect.

Sacrifice for men, is the realisation that head of the home is not synonymous with dictator.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that ALL men are born with egos and when you try to compete with a man’s ego, the marriage is the sufferer.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that her being married to you is a choice she made and it’s your duty to make sure she does not ever regret making that choice.

Sacrifice for women is the realisation that you cannot understand a man’s ego because you were not created to understand it.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that women were created to be loved, not understood.[/b]

I hope you have leant from this,

God Help you, Seek the face of God all the time and make God the head of the family.

I welcome you warmly into the club of the "MARRIAGE MEN".

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by r231(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Court wedding aint expensive at all.
You and your parents.
The bride and her parents.
And couple of friends.
So that shd be within 100K.

Good luck and wish you the best

thats all you need to do

but if you want a biggggggggggg wedding then cancel it and do it when you have x20 of what you have now in your account
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by kkokoma: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
It seems contributors to this post are forgetting about the traditional Brides family list. Mine cost over N80,000 alone. The issue here is that the poster has already advertised his wedding, presumable indicating traditional and church wedding with venues. N100,000 will definitely not do. get a committee of friends to help you.
I did just small scale traditional (I paid N15,000 as bride price) and registry and spent over N400,000
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by femmy2010(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
Sir,i would advice you just do the little you can do and leave the rest.what matters is for a marriage to take place.Damn an elaborate one.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by DOAweb(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
So nobody can say anything about the wife to be contributing financially to this wedding!!  
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by raham4real(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
My Brother you have taken a bold step and i applaud you for that, just like some wise guys have said 100k is a large sum of money to start with, stay focused like i always advice my peers make Prov. 18:22 "WHOSO FINDETH A WIFE FINDETH A GOOD THING, AND OBTAINETH FAVOUR OF THE LORD" your daily recitation and i believe God will surprise You. All the best.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by funkyboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
for the fact that ur wedding date is fixed is no problem at least there is no need to waiver. the money will come.
for me my own was to come up this month june but my female friend not the one i wont to settle down with called me and told me she is pregnant. what do i do now the mother is saying i should come and marry her daughter of which i never made any promise to.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by indie22(f): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
Erm , poster,  is that 100k all the money in your savings account or money to spend on your wedding?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Tcrack(m): 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2010
ol boy. i no fit laugh. You see everybody doing wedding you think its a small boys loads abi?
on a serious note though If i were you, i will cut my cloth according to my cloth. a wedding could be small but yet very nice but whatever you do, NEVER BORROW MONEY.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by femmy2010(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
BORROW NOOOOOOOOOO
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by wazobiang: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
once i asked my dad a question like this he said 'life goes on'. i say popsy don turn 2pac. but he now explained that you make do with what you have. because there are so many other things to be done in life. marriage is just one remarkable part. it doesn't kill. there are things that can kill if not handled properly, like ordinary malaria. 100k can do a wedding for you. it depends on your plans. there's registry, there's mass (catholic), there's mutual agreement to live together etc etc.

u got to strive with fellow men, big thing, small thing, bent thing, whatever thing. just strive.

that doesn't mean you surprise everybody that day because there was no adequate preparation. what you should do is, tell ur wife to be the situation on ground. if she rejects you, then thank God. she's not your wife. abi no be for better for worse, in sickness and in health and for richer for poorer wey she go swear for church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Labour Experience. / Have You Seen Kemisola Uthman Ogunyemi? / I "Hate" My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.