Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

I "Hate" My Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I "Hate" My Parents (14122 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2006
welll this is a little personal but i choose to share it,
i always have issues with both my parents and i dont like the feeling i get from it, sometimes i feel like beating my dad or just wishing he were out of my life, as for my mum she nags like hell gosh!!!, she pissing me off.

i was wondering if i was the problem, but some of my pals have similar parental issues too some are even worse than mine, so i was wondering if there are any other members who dont seem to find the right click between them and their parents
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by layi(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2006
I think everybody experienced such friction with their parents.
Most often than not, our parents are right at least in principle. we all wish we could go along well with them but in actual fact we do. its just that when the occasional nagging arise, we hate them like hell.

But Tolerance is what you need. Everything is timed. You wont live with them forever. I learned how to handle my mum, whenever she starts naggin, I'll scatter everything with jokes..she mellows almost immediately.

Try that. But as per fathers, try to be independent as soon as possible, that way you wont experience too many breaches with him. Fathers are more difficult to handle.

Have it in my mind that when you are older and become very comfortable, tables will turn and you'll be the ones controlling them so just chill and work @ getting out of the house early cuzz sometimes its a spillover from the troubles of having to cater for u too long.

I LOVE MY PARENTS ANYHOW. kiss

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Odeku(m): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2006
i GET ALONG WITH MY PARENTS NOW CAUSE IM FAR AWAY AND WE HARDLY SEE EACH OTHER, AND WHEN WE DO WE REMINISCE ON OLD TIMES, I love my parents and wont trade that for anything, parents In Nigeria have a different style of up bringing

2 Likes

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by exu(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2006
Unfortunately for all of us we're only human...

Mistakes are made on both sides but we can only learn from these mistakes if we communicate...

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by gentleone(f): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2006
i think its a stage every one goes through mostly as a teenager, you outgrow it especially when u become independent.so just endure it till then.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by EddyTells(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2006
Yeah, parents can be a problem sometimes but Timmy am sure they cant always be the one's with the problem.
I have had a couple of fall outs with my folks but i have never hated them.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by alheri(f): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2006
Honestly timmy, am sure everyone has had resentments for thier parents at one time or the other. Its mostly all those hormones durng puberty. Are you a teenager? If so that explains it. I would advise you to try and see from your parents point of view some times. They are not your enemies, they love you and are only trying to protect you. Try reading books that deal on teenagers/parents relationships and help yourself deal with these issues. Pls try and be more tolerant, try to have more patience. I know it might not be easy with your mum nagging all the time and your dad trying to boss you around or something. Just try, pls I beg of you.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by wills(m): 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2006
timmy:

welll this is a little personal but i choose to share it,
i always have issues with both my parents and i don't like the feeling i get from it, sometimes i feel like beating my dad or just wishing he were out of my life, as for my mum she nags like hell gosh!!!, she pissing me off.

i was wondering if i was the problem, but some of my pals have similar parental issues too some are even worse than mine, so i was wondering if there are any other members who don't seem to find the right click between them and their parents

I too at a point in my life felt like my folks hated me,...but it took me growing up, leaving my folks, and staying on my own to  know that most of the stuffs they did or said was just for my own good, life has a way of teaching each and everyone of us ,its called... Experience.

Timmy.... just wait till you have your own kids, there definitely will be times, you feel like spanking the butts off them, or scolding them silly, but regardsless you still love them still.... so my friend its a phase it will pass. wink

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by love4ever(f): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2006
well timmy your case is personal indeed but sometime we share things with people that we know are capable of helping us.
well, i may say that you are brave enough to speak out because most they keep silent. but then pray that your parents will change and you will see that with God everything is possible, and try to obey them because they love you and that why they are treating you that way thought most parents do not like their children. so just do what i have said and live the rest for |God to solve and each time they talk to you try not to reply , it will make them feel bad ok? cry undecided embarassed angry grin grin cheesy wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by spikedcylinder: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2006
Am wondering why i got this as a personal message....

I think "hate" is a very strong word to use for one's parents.Parents are human beings too and its not like children come with any kind of instruction book or "how to" book from God.Parents use their own discretion for a lot of decisions they take and in as much as it would be appealing to blame them for every bad judgment and every bad mistake....they have their vulnerable side too.Most(if not all) parents i know want the best for their children and would do anything to give it to them.
Am not saying my personal relationship with my parents is perfect,we have our share of quarrels and arguments too...but I LOVE THEM!They try their best,their very best and i cannot blame them for being anything less than perfect! smiley
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by nicetohave(m): 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2006
Its called teenage crisis, even though your parents may have a part or fault i have learnt enough to know teenagers are more at fault because they are growing with all the recruitments of hormones and want to jump start certain events, i am now my dads best friend and my mum misses me like no other time, and i miss them too....................that is what time and patience does, it exposes yourelf to you....................be patient, and you will learn with time to do it the right way, its just a stage you are trying to grasp.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by shadia(f): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2006
well timmy what kindda probs r u talking bout? why dont u just sit down and talk to them, try to reason with them cuz sometimes parent can be over protective. just take it easy and please dont result to violence.
its not the best. wink
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by lioness(f): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2006
hatin on your folk aint good bro.

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself undecided
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by eruwa: 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2006
timmy, you dont have to hate your parents. honestly this is a stage in live you will outgrow sometime and when you think about it later, you will only love them.

our parents always want the best for us.

just cheer up
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by virozuru(f): 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2006
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by nikinash(f): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2006
like others have said, most everyone faces issues like that while growing up. that is even the reason why some girls get married quickly, so they can leave home but the truth is parents usually love their kids and are just looking out for their best interests. so keep out the hate and just love them until you are able to be on your own, then you will actually realise how much they were doing for you.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by osteen(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2006
well my guy the base line is every body probably went thro' dis phase, but the older u get the more tolerante u become. That is just life.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Rottweiler(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2006
Timmy,
You got to slow down here! I respect your feelings, but the people involved here are your parents. At times, youths tend to feel that their parents are overbearing in their duties as parents. One thing in life is that WHAT GOES ROUND COMES AROUND. They are old now and you are young but definitely, until scientist discover an anti-aging drug, you are going to get old with your own kids. Whatever happens between you and your parents, please please and please never go to the extreme. In the course of growing up, I had lots of problems with my dad, I tended to hate him. But things changed as I grew older. the total independence that I craved for, I got gradually. At the end of the day, we became best of pals. Even while on his sick bed before he gave up the ghost, it was prayers galore for me. Some times, I weep whenever think of him because he ain't around to enjoy the fruits of his labour. He brought me up to this level and I appreciate. Please consider whatever you dad is doing as being for your own good (as long as it's something negative - sexual abuse, etc). May God help you in this regard.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Sesan2: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2006
Parents do what they do because they care about us. They may not always do or say the things we want but almost all, if not all, parents act because of the love they have for us. I think almost every one has at one time or the other felt 'pissed off' (for want of another phrase) by one or both of their parents - so, you are not alone. Whenever you feel that way, it may be of some help to remember that their intention is not to hurt, although the delivery may not be to your liking. Parents are not perfect, none of us is.

It will be very sad if you resort to physical violence against any of your parents. I am not sure any culture allows it and in Nigeria you will almost be ostracized from society. At your age, you will be able to talk to your parents when you think they have hurt you without knowing it. Take it with a sense of humour and just take some of it  on the chin.  

One thing though, you will find somewhere down the line that most of what they are saying came from experience and you will end up saying similar things to your kids - although your delivery will probably be better than your parent's.

So, chin up bro. In time you become more independent of your parents and you do whatever you want to do - and bear the consequences.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Typewriter(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2006
some parents are terror
some kids are evil
so when they come just pray that God help comes in time
other wise u loose.

meaning: That some parent go about child up-bring in a wrong way, e.g battery. ban from the home, starving the kids, and coporal punishment etc. some even segregate among their kids
dad's pet and mom's pets e.t.c

simple teach by example and explain your actions after the punishment and advice on what should be the right way to behave.

But even at that a bad child will not die young they surely grow into the monster they were made to be.
Give them love and they will  take advantage
give the hell they find it as a perfect excuse for their mis deeds
so pray that God help train you and make it work in your family.

@me i had a difficult childhood but now see life better and my parents are my best of friends
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2006
you all sound alike, more like my uncles, but really i wouldnt come out to say i just hate on my parents just because i don like what they look like or somfin.

My parents just want to hurt me at will, they pick on evry thing i do, curse me at will and just dont see me as a man, even when i dont talk back, they go like "see him, his keeping mute, his mind is so full of evil, thats why he wuldnt talk"
and when i talk back they go like, "rude boy, you're crazy, your did, how dare you talk bact at us"

1 Like

Re: I "Hate" My Parents by smartsoft(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2006
Timmy you are my friend, You just need to calm down, i do have problems with my Parents. everybody does too.. but they are still ya parents no matter what happen man.. i will tell you this.. don't get them miffed cos they might lay a curse on you .. just chill Okay .
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Typewriter(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2006
oops my mum just send me a fine text massage

it end with " the Lord be with u it's well my boy!"

now tell me who will pray this hard for you?
only a good parent will
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by Typewriter(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2006
yes they are ur parents but not your God. this I know and had experienced

but be urself and pray that life work out for you it will definitely change their action on you,

@me i use to think may be my mum hate me for looking like my father and my father hate me for looking like my mun in some aspect, so I loved them back with that idea, now we all are happy family!
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by dagaro(m): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2006
Timmy this is a true story which happened in the states. A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents in to the shiny paint of the truck. The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.
Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said " Daddy I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked "but when are my fingers going to grow back?" The father went home & committed suicide.
So Timmy think about this story the next time someone(especialy your parents) steps on your feet or you wish to take revenge. Think first before you lose your patience with someone you love. Trucks can be repaired.. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge.
People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes.
But the actions we take while in a rage will hunt us forever.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by spikedcylinder: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2006
How old are you Timmy?
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by sbucareer(f): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2006

Timmy, you've had pouring amount of Good advice.  Use it wise.  We are not counselors and are not professional but can only share our experience with you.

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you will get out of the box.  NEVER hate/hit you folks it is a sin and I am sure you are a good boy and religious.  One day you will have children and you will seat down and say my folks tried for me.

Don't worry you will thank them yourself oneday.  Obey and love them no matter what, remember it will not always be like this forever, the table will surely turn around your side.  You will be the one telling your dad this is what you want done in this family, but only if you are a good son.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by DAMMYGLOW(f): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2006
i know the feeling
but we all have to realize that whatever our parents
do or say to us is out of love
though they get a little over the edge at times

my mum is so overprotective and it really pisses me off
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by timmy(m): 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2006
thank you all, i guess i know alot more than i have even recieved, but i just dont get what exactly it is that i do, dey keep refering to events i did in the 90's , dont dey know now that im grown!! gee's

and the truth is they dont even want me to live their house. cry
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by dejiolowe: 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2006
timmy, i dey fear for u o
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by cutiepie18(f): 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2006
aww welcome to the real world and don't say the word (HAte)cuz u don't hate them u are just annoyed at them but just keep ur kool everything is going to be alrite.
Re: I "Hate" My Parents by jclord(f): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2006
When we pray for our selves and our families every day lets remember to pray for Timmy. God knows his whole story and he can help.

Timmy, I understand your situation. Life can be difficult sometimes. Find a good verse or 2 from the Psalms to pray every day.

I am a miracle survivor myself. I always pray for people who hurt me and ask God to help me to forgive them right away.

I will pray Psalm 27 for you. God bless you Timmy. I hope God will encourage you everyday with kindness even from strangers just when you need it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Best Legacy To Give Your Child / What Dettol Advert Did To My Nephew / What Will You Do If Your Partner Is A Chronic Liar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.