Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,297 members, 7,860,729 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

How Abiola Was Betrayed, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reveals In An Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abiola Was Betrayed, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reveals In An Interview (516 Views)

I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari / Al-Mustapha: "How Abiola Was Killed, NADECO Leaders Took Money" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Abiola Was Betrayed, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reveals In An Interview by panasonwa: 12:30am On Jun 13, 2018
I told him I was not sure that these people were sincere. I cannot forget the proverb that he used to explain his position. He said ‘if you have to fight somebody, you’ve got to get close to him. Even if they are not sincere, he is the de facto head of state now, let me listen to him. I’m ready to take him on.’ It was the time they gave us the date, and he said Abiola would not last. When Abiola met with Abacha, they told us that Col. Abubakar Umar was planning to topple Abiola. They listed about 17 officers, including Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro and the rest of them, who they said, were involved in the coup plot. They told Abiola, ‘You won’t be able to stop them, you won’t last four days.’ They said they needed to get rid of these dangerous boys in the military. Abiola became a little jittery.

Abacha told Abiola that if by the third day, they could not swear him in, in six weeks, six months when they have gotten rid of all the mines—that’s the way Abacha described it—the mines against June 12, and that Abiola should not walk through the mines at all. That if they couldn’t do it in three weeks, to six weeks, the maximum they would take was six months and they will hand over to him. Abiola was so trusting.

https://infonet9ja.com/2018/06/12/how-abiola-was-betrayed-bola-ahmed-tinubu-reveals-in-an-interview/
Re: How Abiola Was Betrayed, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reveals In An Interview by GMBuhari: 4:08am On Jun 13, 2018
Aont trust blogs
Re: How Abiola Was Betrayed, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Reveals In An Interview by anonymuz(m): 6:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Tell us the names of those who betrayed him.

(1) (Reply)

Flood Submerges Ondo Community, Destroys Property (photo) / FRSC Says 9 Bodies Burnt Beyond Recognition In Otedola Bridge Tanker Explosion / ??????????????????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.