Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio (47537 Views)

Ex-Gov Yari Lands In London Hospital After Losing Senate Presidency To Akpabio / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari / INEC Electoral Officer Related To Akpabio Nab With Results And Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by SendoSendal: 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
Senator representing Zamfara West senatorial district, Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari, has rued his loss to the former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, in the 10th senate presidency election.

Akpabio emerged as the winner of the hotly-contested election on Tuesday, June 13, 2023, having polled a total of 63 votes to ward off the challenge from his fellow party man, Yari, who got 46 votes.

Yari, who is also a former governor of Zamfara State, entered the contest in defiance of the All Progressives Congress (APC) zoning and endorsement arrangement.

Though Akpabio was the ruling party and President Bola Tinubuโ€™s preferred choice, the former Zamfara governor had other ideas to upset the apple cart and remained a threat until the end of the contest

Speaking on his defeat to Akpabio, Yari believed he had the number to win the election until some of his colleagues who had pledged their votes switched allegiance at the last minute.

The Senator, who spoke in an interview on Thursday, June 15, 2023, said his permutations as of 3 am on Tuesday showed that he would get at least 61 out of the 109 votes available, which would have been enough to see him coast home to victory.

Though he felt betrayed by the turnout of events, Yary believed only God knew what transpired.

Yari said, "Yes, I can say there was a betrayal. That's the truth because as we are taking stock as at 3am, Monday-Tuesday election, we took stock of over 76. But as usual, human being, we thought we are going to get a pull out of about 15 which we will have a comfortable 61 to win the election.

"But it became the reverse in which only God knows what happened. So that one I feel betrayed but life continues and it's a cycle."

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/i-was-betrayed-yari-reacts-to-losing-senate-president-election-to-akpabio/6eq8zm8.amp

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by ManirBK: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
yes life continues but you must obey Jagaban Directives or fall in abyss

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by TemplarLandry: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Now Abdulaziz Yari has proven he's not a party man.
Yari the traitor.
Well, according to Ragnar Lothbrok, โ€œevery man is ambitiousโ€.

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by chiefolododo(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Efcc should invite Yari

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by fadsam: 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
Aren't you all traitors!

23 Likes

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by brain54(m): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
You were taking stockโ€ฆ?

Politics is about alignment and realignment of interests.

Ogaโ€ฆ next time never count your chickens before they hatch!

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by Septagon: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
Fear who no fear Akpabio.thats south south Jagaban

Hadley Chase available

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by id4sho(m): 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
E go reach everybody, balablu bhlu bhlu bulaba tongue
Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by inoki247: 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lol you must be on drug betrayer sef dey accuse another person u wey contest against the Party wish no be betraying be that...

Everybody already know where SW was going Apart from Jimoh nd most time na where SW face na dere North Central dey Face so maybe you should find ur betrayer go ur region...

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by VeryWickedMan: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Change it to "I Was Afonjalized".

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by datola: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Who is a tractor here

1 Like

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by shiki(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
tongue more betrayed days ahead for you

4 Likes

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by Sonnobax15(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
grin
Mallam Kabiru Yari,you no well shocked. How can a first time senator be complaining of betrayal....

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by sukkot: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
grin yari wailing like yari-nya

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by Hopium: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
No be only betrayed grin Mumu!

Shey you wan defeat the well-oiled machinery, allies, backing of the Jagaban ni? It's a game that can be compared to Man City vs Derby County: everyone know how the game will end. grin

Yari be like local cook wey no sabi cook pass "Tuwo Shinkafa" going head-to-head with Gordon Ramsay in a cooking competition, we all know who go win.

Abi you dey whine me ni? grin You went against the party, Asiwaju - the greatest politician in Africa, Wike, the South, the former Senate president and think you could win? grin Delusion! You are on colos, sir grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by Savechild23: 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
As u betrayed people of your state

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
said his permutations as of 3 am on Tuesday showed that he would get at least 61 out of the 109 votes available, which would have been enough to see him coast home to victory.
There is different between projection and reality.

Take Advantage of this Executively Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow.
Located at Mowe Town by Redemption Camp and few minutes away from Ojodu Berger Lagos.
Tittle: C of o.
Available in N27.5million, N25million and N20million respectfully.
Make N5million initial deposit and spread the balance for up to 12 months without additional interest.

It saves you the stress of building from the scratch, take advantage now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-KwQ7NHMk

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by RingRoadMafia: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by theophorus(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Dem serve Baba breakfast.

Politics na your mate? Dem tell you say SP na SS he dey go, you still go dey do Gragra, hope no be those ElluPe71 dey guide you cos dem no sabi anything ooo

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by omoadeleye(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Comrade was in illusion

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by tojahh(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Wetin you want make we do?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by atobs4real(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Such is life.
It has happened to our Savior.
It will always happen.
May the Almighty God help us.
Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by drinkgarri: 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Those obedients have alot of questions to answer, by now I expect Tinubu to be weeing and pooing on body by now. Tinubu has come to stay

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by atobs4real(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Such is life.
It has happened to our Savior.
It will always happen.
May the Almighty God help us.
Keep aspiring greater heights and one day it shall come to past.
Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by fof1: 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
SendoSendal:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/i-was-betrayed-yari-reacts-to-losing-senate-president-election-to-akpabio/6eq8zm8.amp

You weren't Betrayed...You are a Trouble Maker unfit for that Seat...with Evil intentions for Nigeria Pls.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by Axis313(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
That's politics for you.
He is shouting betrayal when he goes against his party,what else did he expect in return.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by fixitbyjal(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
angry
Re: I Was Betrayed: Yari Reacts To Losing Senate President Seat To Akpabio by SendoSendal: 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Technically, when you make sacrifices for your party even when its not convenient, it means the party and the President owe you one. There will be times in your political journey when you will need the President and the Party, and for Yari, there will be no one to turn to when that time comes.

37 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Chadian Soldier Wears Charms For Protection Against Boko Haram Militants (pic) / Top 8 Abandoned Projects In Nigeria And Amount Wasted - Shehu Sani / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.