Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

FG Announces New National Building Code - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Announces New National Building Code (18325 Views)

Firm Announces Completion Of Crimson Court Residences, Jericho GRA, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
Caseless:

You're welcome.
grin grin

Quora is the place to be, bro. I can be there for 24hrs reading. Nairaland de dull me.
You are right bro.
I'll check on there ONCE a while.
I know we can't compare the two.
Be good brotherly.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Caseless: 6:00am On Jun 14, 2018
post=68454142:

You are right bro.
I'll check on there ONCE a while.
I know we can't compare the two.
Be good brotherly.
sure
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by lagosrd: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
Is04970:
What has building code got to do with ARCON?
Where are NIOB and CORBON?

ARCON ate the first planners and actors in the building industry.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by lagosrd: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
bixton:
The problem we have in this country is that every profession wants to be recognised.
I wonder what will happen when there's a meeting with the Civil Engineers.

Instead of putting our heads together to bring results we are busy trying to play who is superior to another in the construction industry when we all know every profession is relevant.
Not one can do without the other, but the case is different in Nigeria.

The use of building codes begins with the planners, architects before the engineers.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
lagosrd:

The use of building codes begins with the planners, architects before the engineers.

There is no argument in that.
What I'm saying is that we should all work together instead of saying who comes first or last .

After all when it comes to construction, a civil/structural engineer can work fantastically fine without an architect but every architect needs the engineer.

So we should harness our abilities/ideas , work as a team and complement one another.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by lagosrd: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
biliment:

bro please clear them on that ooo... my Blv is that in Nigeria we fail to put d right professional in the right section of construction. This confuse most client to be certain of who to employ in managing there construction in different phases. it's only in Nigeria u will see an architect in charge of both the design stage and construction stage which suppose not to be so.
Permit me to enlighten you a little bit. An architect is a person that designs and supervises the construction of a building to it totality. So this means at the design stage an architect does his job send Sam drawings to the other necessary allied professional where needed. He goes again ahead with the approval and ensures he supervises same to its finishes in conjunction with other professionals needed in site. Now because the achitect is the initiator of the design, he interpretes the minding the client, therefore he is naturally in the best position to coordinate the project. Thereby mistimed making him the project manager . However a number of conditions may be applicable in the selection of a project architect. Moreso, the role of an architect does not in any way make other professionals irrelevant or less important in site as they are all colleagues in the built industry.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by lagosrd: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
bixton:

There is no argument in that.
What I'm saying is that we should all work together instead of saying who comes first or last .

After all when it comes to construction, a civil/structural engineer can work fantastically fine without an architect but every architect needs the engineer.

So we should harness our abilities/ideas , work as a team and complement one another.
Read my next post. And be enlightened. Someone must lead the pack.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
lagosrd:

Read my next post. And be enlightened. Someone must lead the pack.

This is Nigeria. Everyone is a boss.
We don't have people who lead, every one who claims to lead just wants to show he knows it all.

Deal with the situation on ground and not because someone wants to flex his muscle.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by lagosrd: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
bixton:

This is Nigeria. Everyone is a boss.
We don't have people who lead, every one who claims to lead just wants to show he knows it all.

Deal with the situation on ground and not because someone wants to flex his muscle.

you won't learn anything this way. Either you agree or not. The truth remains that the architect leads the pack. Except otherwise where other professionals are selected as project manager in such site and such person must be a professional project manager. And not one road side baba Jamiu parading himself an engineer. Most times professionals don't know their boundary. They tends to want a to correct the architects design which is not possible. They don't like challenges that will change the status quo
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
lagosrd:

you won't learn anything this way. Either you agree or not. The truth remains that the architect leads the pack. Except otherwise where other professionals are selected as project manager in such site and such person must be a professional project manager. And not one road side baba Jamiu parading himself an engineer. Most times professionals don't know their boundary. They tends to want a to correct the architects design which is not possible. They don't like challenges that will change the status quo

I can see how you've been learning.
Just the attitude of Nigerians with all self over knowing.
Now you have brought in one baba Jamiu as if that's the discuss, you see where your complex lies.

Please try and comprehend
Every architect is supposed to have an engineer who understands him and can translate his plans into reality as best fit.
You want to put blames on engineers? There's nothing wrong in changing an architect's view. The man on ground deems best what to do, except they work as a team and actual use it which rests on the client.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House On Fire In Ilasa. Lagos Mainland. / The ACES : 2 Bedroom Terrace Bungalow For Sell ( Pay & Pack In) / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.