Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,656 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

FG Announces New National Building Code - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Announces New National Building Code (18297 Views)

Firm Announces Completion Of Crimson Court Residences, Jericho GRA, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by vipey07101994: 7:37am On Jun 13, 2018
ITS AROUND THE CORNER... DONT MISS OUT!!!

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2018
The problem we have in this country is that every profession wants to be recognised.
I wonder what will happen when there's a meeting with the Civil Engineers.

Instead of putting our heads together to bring results we are busy trying to play who is superior to another in the construction industry when we all know every profession is relevant.
Not one can do without the other, but the case is different in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MRAKBEE(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68430653:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT. GOD BLESS THE MINISTER WITH 3 PORTFOLIOS. GOD BLESS YOU AND I. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by selfemployed(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2018
In Nigeria every tom and dick is a builder and an engineer.

In developed countries, only registered construction and real estate companies do that and they keep to standard

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by biliment(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

There is a vast difference between who oversee the construction of a building and who physically manage the production and control of artisans and material from the start to completion in line with specs and design.... Arcon have less to do with national building code compared to a NIOB AND CORBON
bro please clear them on that ooo... my Blv is that in Nigeria we fail to put d right professional in the right section of construction. This confuse most client to be certain of who to employ in managing there construction in different phases. it's only in Nigeria u will see an architect in charge of both the design stage and construction stage which suppose not to be so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by KingRabota: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

There is a vast difference between who oversee the construction of a building and who physically manage the production and control of artisans and material from the start to completion in line with specs and design.... Arcon have less to do with national building code compared to a NIOB AND CORBON
Nobody is even mentioning COREN or NICE, see as lawyer upstage Engineers.
Tufiakwa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 13, 2018
KingRabota:

Tufiakwa
I tire o
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by uzoma70: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

National building code 2006
Section 2:32
No 3. Building production management in line with provision of health and safety Mgt and quality Mgt is the core role of a registered builder... Get ur fact right...

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Kzealz(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2018
KingRabota:

Tufiakwa

No one is taking the work of COREN and NICE from them... As long as construction is concerned they're there make sure that the structural members of Every building is up to standard and firm... But all of these are the in piece of paper as a drawing....
Calculating engineering formula does not make a building real.... Physical delivery of ur drawing can only done by a profession out of the 7 professions involved in the construction industry... And the credit Goes to the builders...

3 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by TEYA: 8:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

National building code 2006
Section 2:32
No 3. Building production management in line with provision of health and safety Mgt and quality Mgt is the core role of a registered builder... Get ur fact right...
I don't care, that doesn't change anything!
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Kzealz(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2018
biliment:

bro please clear them on that ooo... my Blv is that in Nigeria we fail to put d right professional in the right section of construction. This confuse most client to be certain of who to employ in managing there construction in different phases. it's only in Nigeria u will see an architect in charge of both the design stage and construction stage which suppose not to be so.

Bro if hurts to see the likes of builders and engineers discredit in the construction industry... We know we the 7 professions in construction industry cannot do without each other.. But the Architects should stop playing the role of superiority....

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Is04970: 8:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

Thank you. I expect NIOB and CORBON to take Centre stage in the implementation and enforcement of the building code.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Rubbiish(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:
What has building code got to do with ARCON?
Where are NIOB and CORBON?
Don't tell me u are jealous
Everything that has to do with a building start with an architect.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Rubbiish(m): 8:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

@bold really?? Lol
With whom design does a builder build?
The specification on a building plan is what the builder will follow.
These specification is what the building code is all about, from setback, staircase, number of exit doors, height, fire control etc. These are what will guide the architect in coming up with a design before handling it over to the builder or civil engineer. Building code starts from the design & not construction, because design begets construction.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by chucho46(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Its actually not a bad idea,is for our own safety....
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Rubbiish(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

Bro if hurts to see the likes of builders and engineers discredit in the construction industry... We know we the 7 professions in construction industry cannot do without each other.. But the Architects should stop playing the role of superiority....
Lol...Now i see where the envy & hate is coming from @bold.
But i think they are actually the head, because all that has to do with a building starts from the architect. I wouldn't leave my architect to go consult my builder when i want to build. There are different profession in the health sector, but the doctor still take the head position. I believe a builder maintains a higher position than a mech. engr in the building industry.

Lets just say d architect is first among equals, they are the first point of contact in building issues. I believe the minister is aware of this, that was why ARCON was invited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Bullhari007(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2018
dukeprince50:
No doubt, since we came out of recession the government is really working, I do not know if they will change after 2019 cos I just deh fear Nigerian Govt. God bless us all, now people increased price of goods during recession and after it they just no wan green bring down price of goods again. The average Nigerian is a rogue.
God bless our govt
how much Dangote is selling cement in 2015 and how much is he selling a bag now Dangote is their paddy let them talk to their man... only delusionist believe they are out of recession, until I see it in the price of commodities then will I believe
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2018
Bullhari007:
how much Dangote is selling cement in 2015 and how much is he selling a bag now Dangote is their paddy let them talk to their man... only delusionist believe they are out of recession, until I see it in the price of commodities then will I believe

Please how much was the price of dangote cement in 2015?
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by ugjeks(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Are you for real? angry
Is04970:
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2018
I Love Fashola!
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by tete7000(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2018
So our problems have been with codes all this while? What us wrong with old codes?
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by KingRabota: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2018
Kzealz:

No one is taking the work of COREN and NICE from them... As long as construction is concerned they're there make sure that the structural members of Every building is up to standard and firm... But all of these are the in piece of paper as a drawing....
Calculating engineering formula does not make a building real.... Physical delivery of ur drawing can only done by a profession out of the 7 professions involved in the construction industry... And the credit Goes to the builders...
My friend, we're talking about BUILDING codes. These codes are designed and implemented by professionals WHO should be thoroughly grounded in Engineering practice. The job of an architect is to DESIGN he's like an artist, his work is to draw a beautiful looking structure. The engineer looks at those drawings and using his scientific n Technical background brings them to life.
It's very common in nigeria for architects to design and supervise. In case you didn't know this is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE!
If during site inspection it is discovered that an architect is supervising the project. It can lead to a jail term. Come to think of it. If a mechanical engineer or any other engineer who ISN'T a Civil engineer is discovered supervising a construction site. He/she will have their practising licence revoked and will face prosecution(ask the petrochemical engineer who supervised TB joshua's collapsed castle ,talk less of an over glorified draughtsman.
Fashola is a lawyer. He has ZERO idea of what it takes to run an Engineering establishment.
Politicians have stolen the jobs of Engineers because, engineering projects are capital intensive.
By the time we start placing round pegs in round holes (Minister of Works. Housing is an engineer) maybe then we will start seeing better and higher quality infrastructural projects

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by KingRabota: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

Lol...Now i see where the envy & hate is coming from @bold.
But i think they are actually the head, because all that has to do with a building starts from the architect. I wouldn't leave my architect to go consult my builder when i want to build. There are different profession in the health sector, but the doctor still take the head position. I believe a builder maintains a higher position than a mech. engr in the building industry.

Lets just say d architect is first among equals, they are the first point of contact in building issues. I believe the minister is aware of this, that was why ARCON was invited.
Taaaaa!
Who misinformed you?
Anyway go do your research and get back to me
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:

Thank you. I expect NIOB and CORBON to take Centre stage in the implementation and enforcement of the building code.
Check our signature and call us or click the WhatsApp chat link in blue below to chat us DIRECTLY - 08027390046
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by wisdomkid: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2018
dukeprince50:
No doubt, since we came out of recession the government is really working, I do not know if they will change after 2019 cos I just deh fear Nigerian Govt. God bless us all, now people increased price of goods during recession and after it they just no wan green bring down price of goods again. The average Nigerian is a rogue.
God bless our govt

Government really working? Since they brought NIGERIA out of the fucking recession they sent the country into?

Shift abeg
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by 91119111c(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Is04970:

those names are subordinates to ARCON and NIA in the industry, Architects are masters of the industry.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by bixton(m): 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
KingRabota:

My friend, we're talking about BUILDING codes. These codes are designed and implemented by professionals WHO should be thoroughly grounded in Engineering practice. The job of an architect is to DESIGN he's like an artist, his work is to draw a beautiful looking structure. The engineer looks at those drawings and using his scientific n Technical background brings them to life.
It's very common in nigeria for architects to design and supervise. In case you didn't know this is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE!
If during site inspection it is discovered that an architect is supervising the project. It can lead to a jail term. Come to think of it. If a mechanical engineer or any other engineer who ISN'T a Civil engineer is discovered supervising a construction site. He/she will have their practising licence revoked and will face prosecution(ask the petrochemical engineer who supervised TB joshua's collapsed castle ,talk less of an over glorified draughtsman.
Fashola is a lawyer. He has ZERO idea of what it takes to run an Engineering establishment.
Politicians have stolen the jobs of Engineers because, engineering projects are capital intensive.
By the time we start placing round pegs in round holes (Minister of Works. Housing is an engineer) maybe then we will start seeing better and higher quality infrastructural projects

Nigerians are all affected by complex problems one way or the other.
Wherever construction is involved and especially building structures of any size, an architect is the first followed by the civil/structural engineer, etc, etc. That is how it is internationally.
While each professional is taught differently and they have different approach towards solving a problem, the end is getting the work done safely with the right tools given the time frame and resources.

It is because we lack respect for one another in our respective fields that's why all this are turning up to be issues for discussion.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Caseless: 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
post=68432392:

Caseless ma guy!
(Shhhhh, don't LOUD it!)
Howdy bro?!
How Ramadan dey go?!
I'm good, bro. Ramadan is going smoothly. Thank you!

I know who it's, bro. Hope you're fine.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
Caseless:
I'm good, bro. Ramadan is going smoothly. Thank you!

I know who it's, bro. Hope you're fine.
Yes, doing good bro.
May the ALMIGHTY Allah answer our prayers this Ramadan period.
Good to hear from you again paddy.
Have a nice day.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Caseless: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
post=68450389:

Yes, doing good bro.
May the ALMIGHTY Allah answer our prayers this Ramadan period.
Good to hear from you again paddy.
Have a nice day.
ameen! Good to see you again too , ma mehn.

I see you. Keep up the good work you're doing here.
Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
Caseless:
ameen! Good to see you again too , ma mehn.

I see you. Keep up the good work you're doing here.
Thanks broda.
How is it at Quora.com, still going there??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Announces New National Building Code by Caseless: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
post=68451485:

Thanks broda.
How is it at Quora.com, still going there??
You're welcome.
grin grin

Quora is the place to be, bro. I can be there for 24hrs reading. Nairaland de dull me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured / House On Fire In Ilasa. Lagos Mainland. / Nairaland Property User Update: Report 3 Ads Per Day Estate Agent Violators Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.