Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (219166 Views)

Musa! Man Of The Match - Nigerian Vs Iceland (World Cup 2018) / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by sidollar(m): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Am tied of Nigeria be a Nigerian self,you can not be proud of anything am used small change I have to pay and watch those dull eagle we are calling super eagle our local TV can't show us the World Cup oga oooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Mistymoe(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
Watch live FIFA WORLD CUP MATCHES http://www.russiacup2018.stream/stream.php
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Christmasdon(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
I WANT IKECHUKWU Ezenwa to man the post against iceland and Argentina. OR else we will follow morocco to the russian airport.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Esijoy: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by johnosas18: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
8stargeneral:
For ur Customise supper eagles jersey contact me
No wonder eagles lose their match
Baba go pull that cloth

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by hollandis(f): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
phreakabit:

No, but does he owe you money ?
A team of 11 players and you want to blame 1 player for the coaches tactical blunder? Please tell me have you rewatched the match? A general rule is to always rewatch the match when your nerves are calm to properly analyse the game. Who was Mikel suppose to pass to? Ighalo? Did he or did he not pass to Ighalo who always lost possession as a LONE striker. Or Victor Moses, who was more concerned with feeling the texture of the grass on his face? So why blame Mikel, when Leon Balogun was just as bad also and Ndidi hardly got a tackle in? The only good players that day were Iwobi and Etebo, Ekong to a certain degree. As I stated before, show me a player who has the composure, ball control, physical balance, and ball passing ability in the team who you think can bench Mikel, the closest thing we have is Iwobi and he lacks greatly in physicality and composure( you might not have noticed, but there is a hastiness about his play).

I watched the game many times and I can't recall Mikel passing to Ighalo , or do you mean when Ighalo was under pressure from 3 different players ?

Mikel caused our downfall in that match .That own goal was as a result of inactivity going forward .

Not even one ball on target for both Croatia and Nigeria in the first half .Criatia is not better than Nigeria.The presence of certain players made us lose ,and do you know his name ? Mikel Obi

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Litmus: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
In addition to advises/strategy devised for our football team by the more knowledgeable manager, team captain, ex Nigerian managers, ex Nigerian players and miscellaneous pundits up and down the world, I'd like to add the following:

To the Eagle player that may come across this by chance, tell no one just keep it in mind.

1) If the ball reaches you when you are in the opponents half alone (meaning, well alone) with no support, don't try to hold the ball up, waiting for your teammates to catch up, instead, do a solo attempt/run at goal. Chances of something positive happening will be greater making a solo run than holding the ball up.

2) Every now and then, when at the 40.3m/44yds (just outside the 18yds box) or just inside strike at goal. Don't blast, place your shots with cold deliberations.

Thank you
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
TourismMan:

So can SE win the remaining two matches. A very simple question of yes or no.
If they determined, who knows may be they can win the remaining matches.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by AfricAryan: 2:29am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria will have more possession than Iceland https://highspirit.ng/predictions/Naija-vs-iceland-possession/48

Neymar or Coutinho will be the MOTM vs Costa Rica https://highspirit.ng/predictions/Brazil-Costa-Rica-MOTM/47

Brazil will win Costa Rica https://highspirit.ng/predictions/Brazil-coasta-rica/46

More predictions https://highspirit.ng/predictions
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by easyelliot(m): 4:53am On Jun 21, 2018
Christmasdon:
I WANT IKECHUKWU Ezenwa to man the post against iceland and Argentina. OR else we will follow morocco to the russian airport.

Only if he can score goals more than Ighalo
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by akinzgist(m): 7:28am On Jun 21, 2018
Dyt:
The second match for the Super Eagles

Nigeria Vs Iceland. Predict Who Will Win And Get FREE 1GB Data by akinzgist (m): 4:30am
Our own ‘Super Eagles’ will face Iceland on Friday at 4pm after a disappointing start to their 2018 world cup campaign.
The match was so annoying that I was hoping the generator at the viewing centre would just go off
Well, I’m hoping to see a better Nigerian side against the ‘Vikings’ of ICELAND — May they not go all ‘Viking’ on us .
So here’s how this works:
Click this link to predict.....
http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/06/21/world-cup-2018-nigeria-vs-iceland-predict-who-will-win-and-get-free-1gb-data-on-any-network/
Make your predictions after clicking to the site and go to comment section below
Your predictions should contain an ACCURATE score line
Drop your MOBILE NUMBER with your predictions so as to claim your prize if you’re among the lucky winners
The first three people to predict correctly will get free 1GB data on any network.
Check out the example below!
Nigeria 1- 0 Iceland
081(phone number)
click to win.......
http://silicongist.com.ng/2018/06/21/world-cup-2018-nigeria-vs-iceland-predict-who-will-win-and-get-free-1gb-data-on-any-network/
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2018
See pictures of the super eagles after their match with iceland

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by hostman: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2018
I want to suprise some people who claim virtual football league is not predictable. I want to help many people who already loss big to virtual. I will grant interested members 7days free acess to our software predictions in other to build trust and confidence (say no to scammers).
->Check my signature to get the software
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by babony1: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2018
TourismMan:

So can SE win the remaining two matches. A very simple question of yes or no.
YES.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Wasky101: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2018
I pray we score a goal in Russia. Last time we scored was a penalty against Congo. I dey suspect say them no dey score for training

iPhone 6s 64gb uk used, fresh like new comes with original charger for a #discount #90k
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by mikhe2(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
QueenDeborah:
Now that the Eagles are in Russia, they should use style and locate the house of that *MMM* guy and ask his family how they want their "Thunder"
you nor ver still recover from the loss of your cash to MMM.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by gabpaul: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Dyt:
Like for Nigeria
Share for Iceland

Lol, I feel ur pain grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by RoyalBlak007: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria-2
Iceland-1
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by spencekat(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria 2 Iceland 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by inoki247: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria to Score own Goal.. 1.05odds .
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by davidodiba(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Mike should quit the role he is playing. Iwobi should go there instead and let very one of them cooperate. I wish them well. Nigeria 4, Iceland 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Ajoboss(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Two things that are very glaring in this current Eagles set up:

1. Inability to defend set pieces properly (na this problem make me tire for Arsenal under Arsene. W). Against England, Serbia, & Czech we conceded from set plays or crosses into the box. So why the f*ck are they not working on this?

With tall players in that defense like Balogun and Troost, we should be imposing at set plays, but the opposite is the case. It frustrates the hell outta moi.

Iceland are a mean bunch when it comes to crosses and set pieces. As a matter of fact, it's their ace move. That spells a lot of trouble for the Eagles. Unless we limit their opportunities to fling crosses and even long throws into the box.

2. We are not creating many chances: Another big problem that was glaring even during the friendlies. Who is our most creative player? Is it Mikel, Moses or Iwobi?

We can't even say.

Each team possesses a clear-cut creator-in-chief. But not Nigeria.

Moses is looking to pick up that role but his crosses are too wayward and Ighalo isn't even imposing in the air so no point sending those crosses in.

Iwobi would have been the best choice because he has immense control in tight spaces, has pace, can beat a man comfortably and more importantly can pick a key pass.

But the problem is that he can't do all that playing from the wings. I watched him play for Arsenal against Crystal Palace on January 1st 2017. He played in that '10' role in the absence of Mr. Ozil. And boy was he good!

We saw against England that the dude is more comfortable dictating play from the midfield.

However, Rorh won't let him take that role for Nigeria because of a certain Mikel Obi. These days Mikel doesn't create anything. So why not send him to the base of midfield alongside Ndidi?

Actually, I wouldn't drop Etebo for him. I'd prefer a midfield trio of Iwobi, Etebo and Ndidi (this midfield trio has vritually everything you need). Then up front I'll have Moses, Ighalo and Iheanacho (on the right) as my forward line.

I don't see Grenot Rorh having the balls to make these calls, though. And so I see us struggling badly against Iceland.

However, I still hope they find a way to win because it's what we all want. #SoarSuperEagles.
bros too much WIZDOM dey worry u
Infact na u suppose take us go russia
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Funlag: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Iceland 3- Nigeria 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by gabpaul: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Simple

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by opribo(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2018
At times like this, nothing more can be done than to do what we know how to do best. PRAYER.

With the thousands of GOs, pastors, emirs, prophets, prophetess, shepherds, etc in the land. This is the time of action, let them bombard the heavens with their prayers let us see how on earth we won't win because of a truth this game is beyond our power but we shall conquer by God's grace.

There is no formula for us to defeat the two opponents before us other than prayer. We have done all that needs to be done. We engaged a foreign coach, we played friendlies, we brought back our best footballers, we stormed Russia in style with the most beautiful custome. We can't be disgraced just like that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by saintkeppy(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Super Eagles should plan how to break the ICE-BLOCK tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by edesumpitor: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2018
I have never been this relaxed to watch Nigeria's match because I don't have any expectation.I will be okay with any result.No tension. I have learnt my lesson.
#idon'tcareaboutsupereaglesanymore.Relax mode activated.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by capableTy(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Arsenalholic:
Two things that are very glaring in this current Eagles set up:

1. Inability to defend set pieces properly (na this problem make me tire for Arsenal under Arsene. W). Against England, Serbia, & Czech we conceded from set plays or crosses into the box. So why the f*ck are they not working on this?

With tall players in that defense like Balogun and Troost, we should be imposing at set plays, but the opposite is the case. It frustrates the hell outta moi.

Iceland are a mean bunch when it comes to crosses and set pieces. As a matter of fact, it's their ace move. That spells a lot of trouble for the Eagles. Unless we limit their opportunities to fling crosses and even long throws into the box.

2. We are not creating many chances: Another big problem that was glaring even during the friendlies. Who is our most creative player? Is it Mikel, Moses or Iwobi?

We can't even say.

Each team possesses a clear-cut creator-in-chief. But not Nigeria.

Moses is looking to pick up that role but his crosses are too wayward and Ighalo isn't even imposing in the air so no point sending those crosses in.

Iwobi would have been the best choice because he has immense control in tight spaces, has pace, can beat a man comfortably and more importantly can pick a key pass.

But the problem is that he can't do all that playing from the wings. I watched him play for Arsenal against Crystal Palace on January 1st 2017. He played in that '10' role in the absence of Mr. Ozil. And boy was he good!

We saw against England that the dude is more comfortable dictating play from the midfield.

However, Rorh won't let him take that role for Nigeria because of a certain Mikel Obi. These days Mikel doesn't create anything. So why not send him to the base of midfield alongside Ndidi?

Actually, I wouldn't drop Etebo for him. I'd prefer a midfield trio of Iwobi, Etebo and Ndidi (this midfield trio has vritually everything you need). Then up front I'll have Moses, Ighalo and Iheanacho (on the right) as my forward line.

I don't see Grenot Rorh having the balls to make these calls, though. And so I see us struggling badly against Iceland.

However, I still hope they find a way to win because it's what we all want. #SoarSuperEagles.

This actually what I told someone
Playing Iwobi at the top 10 and Mikel to support Ndid.

Thumbs up guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by titosantana(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2018
Make iceland beat them well well jare. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by Viking007(m): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2018
phreakabit:

No, but does he owe you money ?
A team of 11 players and you want to blame 1 player for the coaches tactical blunder? Please tell me have you rewatched the match? A general rule is to always rewatch the match when your nerves are calm to properly analyse the game. Who was Mikel suppose to pass to? Ighalo? Did he or did he not pass to Ighalo who always lost possession as a LONE striker. Or Victor Moses, who was more concerned with feeling the texture of the grass on his face? So why blame Mikel, when Leon Balogun was just as bad also and Ndidi hardly got a tackle in? The only good players that day were Iwobi and Etebo, Ekong to a certain degree. As I stated before, show me a player who has the composure, ball control, physical balance, and ball passing ability in the team who you think can bench Mikel, the closest thing we have is Iwobi and he lacks greatly in physicality and composure( you might not have noticed, but there is a hastiness about his play).
I'm liking all your analysis, please keep posting.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by ConcernedNL: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2018
lilfreezy:
iceland go beat us. argentina go beat us. when we come down for plane, rain go beat us. hungry go beat us. buhari go beat us. sars go beat us.

when will jesus come abeg?

That's your personal portion.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 by chuksjuve(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2018
Pheyhi

Come and predict this match please..

Mrs Super eagles..
Mummy positive mindset
Mrs prayer warrior

grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (126) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.