Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag (1931 Views)

Why Was Our Flag Not Displayed At The International Gas Summit / Akinwumi Adesina Visits President Buhari Today (Photo) / Rochas Okorocha Campaign For Akinwumi Ambode In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2010
I think this guy as really tried Creating The Nigerian Flag!! because Our flag is different to all African countries sometimes when i look at the flags of Ghana,Cameroon,Republic of the Congo,Benin,Burkina Faso,Guinea,Guinea-Bissau,Mali,Senegal,Togo.

Then i Thank God we didn't follow the trend ofGreen,Yellow,Red because all this countries use the same color they just alternate them to make a change.

And most of the flags of some of African countries are similar like liberia is similar to US Namibia To South Africa and lots more am just glad we are not sharing colors with ant country.

But the creator of the flag is not cared for anywaiz be proud to FLY our Flag.

here is the flag of some of the countries i mentioned they just change patterns

Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
here is another

Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Travelista(f): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2010
Aren't those colors the pan-African colors? I don't see anything wrong with their color scheme but I admit, I like Naija's flag more.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
Here is the [size=15pt]Giant[/size]

Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
Travelista:

Aren't those colors the pan-African colors? I don't see anything wrong with their color scheme but I admit, I like Naija's flag more.

Who cares if it is Pan African? Anyone who see is Our Flag knows its Naija For others they are doubts!
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by blacksta(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
flag for 419 agents, Cocaine pushers and many more evil acts - nonsense
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
blacksta:

flag for 419 agents, Cocaine pushers and many more evil acts - nonsense

That's wotcha think! Which country no dey carry Drugs
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by vinooh: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2010
no wonder Nigeria flag never stand
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
@vinooh wat do you mean?
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by AndreUweh(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
Those Nigerians who are not proud of Nigerian flag should be withdrawn from the national teams. None of the Nigerians who won laurels for their respective clubs celebrated with Nigerian flags while others did with their national flags. Michael Obi hardly celebrates with Nigerian flags while Ivoriens and Ghanians do. This is just one sample.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Beaf: 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nigerian flag is very wowo sha and looks like the apartheid Rhodesian flag! We should have done the same as 90% of black nations and chosen very meaningful colours, red for the blood, green for the land and yellow for the gold.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Dede1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nigerian flag is a defaced flag of Sokoto Caliphate.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by NOWORRIES: 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
the design lacks  imagination

I have always wondered if
1.The designer was drunk  and had only 2 colours to work with and just drew 3 vertical lines ojare

2.The Minister of paints gave the designer[ his relative]  2 colors and sold the rest colours including the paint brush

NIAJA NA TODAY
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by AndreUweh(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
Blood was not shed and Nigeria won her independence on a platter. Hence, Green, white and green is perfect.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
While we thank him for creating something different from the norms,

That green-white-green flag is not the best. We can have something better.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by AndreUweh(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
Instead, let the coat of arms be changed. I do not know what those horses are doing there. That is a colonial legacy.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Ruq: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
@beaf do we have enough gold like those the countries using yellow?Green White Green is very okay. Tell me you can differentiate countries with flags with similar corlor??
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by texazzpete(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Taiwo Akinwumi has never let Nigerians forget it either. The guy has been on a mission to put all Nigerians on a guilt trip. i thank God some inspired fellow went all out to address this issue.

Please read this

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/13768-national-flag-do-we-really-owe-taiwo-akinkumi.html

Luckily for the man, he was able to con MTN into lavishing some money on him through the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire program for Heroes. Let's hope that sates him and we don't get the same old tired story trotted out come October 1st.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by redsun(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nigerian flag is worthless except to criminals and termites like obasanjo.It is a flag that represent kleptocracy and should be use for cleaning poo poo as-s for those numerous nigerians that can't afford mere tissue paper.
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by Hadone(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ruq:

Here is the [size=15pt]Giant[/size]

[size=18pt]Wonderful![/size] Beutiful indeed!!
Re: We Should All Thank Taiwo Akinwumi For Our Flag by PupetMasta(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
The guy wants us to idolize him for a flag that is so ugly and tilts towards islam. Islamic countries use the green and white in thier flag, what makes Nigeria different from an Islamic nation judging by the flag. Abeg, if possible the flag should be re designed and made more neutral. Infact Nigeria needs a total overhauling.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Is The Worst Candidate Out Of All The Aspirants / Imo Is The Only State Where Governorship Candidates Are Begging To Be Allowed To / Mastermind Of Christmas Day Blasts In Jos: Arrested By SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.