Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29725 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
Everything Awolowo achieved was at the detriment of others. How can you classify such person as the greates Nigerian leader. How come no national edifice is named after him.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
I found it studiously unfunny that few intellectual midgets of Yoruba extraction would ask Ndigbo to enumerate the political achievements of Azikiwe. Anyway, these nitwits would wait in disappointment because Ndigbo in particular and easterner in general are not known as chest-beaters and loudmouths.

It will tantamount to ludicrous attempt and extroverted indulgence for any human being to arrogate false political accolades to a person on the sole dictates of ethnic bias.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Musiwa13: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2010
You ask a good question, the answer nigeria leaders are tribalist. And they did not name anything after him.

While to show you how open mind the Yorubas are. There is no state in Yoruba land. That does not have a street name after zik. But you cant find awolowo street in Igboland. There are several mbadiwe road, Opara street in Yorubaland.

You have balewa, muritala,shagari and Ahmed bello road in nearly all the yoruba state but you cant find Yorubas name street after Yorubas in the north and the east. expect in abuja.
It shows your hate.
Let forget the past and move on to the future, we have a satellite picture, how do we solve our problem. It cant remain the same. Some state have population 10 times the others. We have to have a solution to correct this.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2010
Dede1:

I found it studiously unfunny that few intellectual midgets of Yoruba extraction would ask Ndigbo to enumerate the political achievements of Azikiwe. Anyway, these nitwits would wait in disappointment [size=15pt]because Ndigbo in particular and easterner in general are not known as chest-beaters and loudmouths. [/size]

shocked shocked Is this a joke- ?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2010
Musiwa,:

You ask a good question, the answer nigeria leaders are tribalist. And they did not name anything after him.

While to show you how open mind the Yorubas are. There is no state in Yoruba land. That does not have a street name after zik. But you cant find awolowo street in Igboland. There are several mbadiwe road, Opara street in Yorubaland.

You have balewa, muritala,shagari and Ahmed bello road in nearly all the yoruba state but you cant find Yorubas name street after Yorubas in the north and the east. expect in abuja.
It shows your hate.
Let forget the past and move on to the future, we have a satellite picture, how do we solve our problem. It cant remain the same. Some state have population 10 times the others. We have to have a solution to correct this.

I shall pay your lordship to be specific on the Yoruba land decorated with streets named after Igbo political figures.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2010
sjeezy8:

shocked shocked Is this a joke- ?

Are you mentally deranged? Do I look like your joke mates?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2010
Musiwa,:

It shows your hate.

Isn't that suppose to tell you something?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2010
Dede1:

Katsumoto, it is unfortunate that you wrote Awolowo was the premier of western region from 1954 to 1959. The regions did not become autonomous with regional powers until 1956. All the regional governments were led by heads or leaders of government and regional governors.

The statement you made that Awolowo was the premier of western region is akin to Protectorates having a Prime Minister before Nigeria became independent country. Are you so mesmerized by the ethnic bias that you seem to loose the historical touch?

Was Awo the Premier of the Western region from 1954 to 1960? If you answer yes to that question, then I do not understand your argument. You are the one mesmerised by ethnic bias because you are arguing against a known fact.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
FACE:

To all those talking about contesting election elsewhere and using UK as an example, all I can say is that you shot yourselves on the foot. Tony Blair for instance was born in Scotland and represented an English constituency. Michael Howard was born in Wales to a Romanian father, represented an English constituency, was tory leader and could have become the Premier had the tories won. Examples abound and ignorance is no longer bliss.

You are buttressing the point that I made without realising it. Did I suggest that Zik should have contested in the North because he was born in the North. I asked, 'have you observed an English man winning an election in Scotland or a scot winning an election in English?' The fact that Tony Blair, an English man, born in scotland but represented an English consitutuency buttresses my argument nicely. Why did Blair not contest in Scotland after all he was born there?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
Are these Yorubas really calling Igbos cowards?

Say that to the brave Igbo soldiers who sent over 500,000 Yoruba and Hausa soldiers to their graves while Nigerian soldiers targeted women and children. Yes, lets talk about that.

Nigerian military had more weapons while Biafrans had limited arms, but to send 500,000 soldiers to their graves is quite amazing!

And lets us not forget how Yoruba leaders went up to the north to thank the emirs for not targeting them before the outbreak of the civil war. Weak people. Getting on their knees and begging

Yorubas are all talk. They did not do anything to Sani Abacha as he targeted many of their people. And we all know how Abacha hated the Yoruba. The Yoruba still did not do anything.

And let us talk about June 12. Targeting Igbos who really had nothing to do with it. Ha! Weak people. The Yorubas threatened secession and nothing happened. These people are all talk.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche:

Are these Yorubas really calling Igbos cowards?

Say that to the brave Igbo soldiers who sent over 500,000 Yoruba and Hausa soldiers to their graves while Nigerian soldiers targeted women and children. Yes, lets talk about that.

Nigerian military had more weapons while Biafrans had limited arms, but to send 500,000 soldiers to their graves is quite amazing!

And lets us not forget how Yoruba leaders went up to the north to thank the emirs for not targeting them before the outbreak of the civil war. Weak people. Getting on their knees and begging

Jesus - Why do you people like to lie? Like really what is the point in making up stories . . . .?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2010
sjeezy8:

Jesus - Why do you people like to lie? Like really what is the point in making up stories . . . .?

That is not a lie you b astard! Your obas ran to the north to thanks the emirs for not targeting your people. It would have been a sight to see your weak people bowing down to some Emir.

Opportunistic Yorubas! angry
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
bunch of delusional people . lol im laughing sooo hard now.

I cant believe my eyes
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by farochron(m): 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2010
Kettykings,

Is it not logical to reason the way I did. Yorubas claimed Awo did a lot for them and he gave them free education. My  question is what has the great Ojukwu given the Igbos. A biased mind against other tribes or is it to go and carry guns again to face the federal might. I won't be sorry this time around for any tribe that allows any idiot to come and lead them into fighting a useless course. A man that leads his people into war and could not stay in the heat of the war is not worth been called an Hero. Ojukwu fought for himself and not the Igbos. He was a coward. A soldier never runs. Tunde Idiagbon still returned from Mecca despite Babangida's take over. Abiola was prepared to die on June 12. Fela's mother was never afraid of the military. Diya and Ojukwu are just brothers
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
farochron:

Kettykings,

Is it not logical to reason the way I did. Yorubas claimed Awo did a lot for them and he gave them free education. My  question is what has the great Ojukwu given the Igbos. A biased mind against other tribes or is it to go and carry guns again to face the federal might. I won't be sorry this time around for any tribe that allows any idiot to come and lead them into fighting a useless course. A man that leads his people into war and could not stay in the heat of the war is not worth been called an Hero. Ojukwu fought for himself and not the Igbos. He was a coward. A soldier never runs. Tunde Idiagbon still returned from Mecca despite Babangida's take over. Abiola was prepared to die on June 12. Fela's mother was never afraid of the military. Diya and Ojukwu are just brothers

Shut your bleeping mouth you stinking knave!

Never insult Ojukwu, you have no right you fool!

I am glad my people went to war, it actually united the Igbo even more. This shared bond of going against Nigeria. And you know what, we the only group besides the Efik, and Ibibio who showed the whole of Nigeria that we can bring Nigeria to its knees.

If we wanted to go to war again, we would cut off Nigeria from its precious oil supply. And this time, the West will look as we make it into a religious war.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by FACE(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are buttressing the point that I made without realising it. Did I suggest that Zik should have contested in the North because he was born in the North. I asked, 'have you observed an English man winning an election in Scotland or a scot winning an election in English?' The fact that Tony Blair, an English man, born in scotland but represented an English consitutuency buttresses my argument nicely. Why did Blair not contest in Scotland after all he was born there?

I thot someome might come back with that, so I also came up with Michael Howard to deter that person. So why didn't Michael Howard contest in Wales where he was born or not at all since he is Romanian by decent ? Tony Blair was at least a third generation Scot and you think he wasnt Scot enough to have contested in Scotland ? His dad was born in Scotland and was also adopted in Scotland. Michael Howard was only a second generation Welsh man.

Now to answer your question; I thought that it would have been obvious that they simply contested where they lived which were their defacto constituencies. The Milliband brothers represent different constituencies for the same reason. George and Jeff Bush were governors of two differents states at the same period for the same reason. Your constituency is where you live most of the times. Look for another angle on this one cos you can't provide a reason why Zik shouldn't have contested in western Region by referencing UK and USA, it simply falls flat.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche:

Shut your bleeping mouth you stinking knave!

Never insult Ojukwu, you have no right you fool!

I am glad my people went to war, it actually united the Igbo even more. This shared bond of going against Nigeria. And you know what, we the only group besides the Efik, and Ibibio who showed the whole of Nigeria that we can bring Nigeria to its knees.

If we wanted to go to war again, we would cut off Nigeria from its precious oil supply. And this time, the West will look as we make it into a religious war.

Delusions of grandeur, that is your problem.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
Tuyis:

Delusions of grandeur, that is your problem.

Delusions of grandeur?

Name one other group has a proven track record. You can't. . . All we have to do is invoke the name of Biafra and Ojukwu and you people get chills down your spine.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
FACE:

I thot someome might come back with that, so I also came up with Michael Howard to deter that person. So why didn't Michael Howard contest in Wales where he was born or not at all since he is Romanian by decent ? Tony Blair was at least a third generation Scot and you think he wasnt Scot enough to have contested in Scotland ? His dad was born in Scotland and was also adopted in Scotland. Michael Howard was only a second generation Welsh man.

Now to answer your question; I thought that it would have been obvious that they simply contested where they lived which were their defacto constituencies. The Milliband brothers represent different constituencies for the same reason. George and Jeff Bush were governors of two differents states at the same period for the same reason. Your constituency is where you live most of the times. Look for another angle on this one cos you can't provide a reason why Zik shouldn't have contested in western Region by referencing UK and USA, it simply falls flat.

In UK politics, politicians have to go to constituencies, sometimes different from where they live or were born, to contest. But the central theme to all these is that English politicians contest in English constituencies while Scottish politicians contest in scottish constituencies. You asked the question about Tony Blair so why don't you answer it. Why did Tony Blair, who was a third generation English man in scotland, not contest in Scotland and you will finally grasp the point that I am making. I never stated anything about people contesting where they were born or where they live. My point is that people contest in the same region as others like them.

Now you talk about Michael Howard whose dad was Romanian-Hungarian. The same Michael Howard whose father changed his Hungarian name, Hecht, to Howard after moving to England. So why did he change his name to an English name? Did he have a Wesh name or an English name? The fact is that many English people think Michael Howard is English. He even contested a seat in Liverpool twice but lost before contesting in folkestone and Hythe. The other fact is that it is easier for other nationalities to be accepted in England or Scotland as long as they act English or Scottish. Florida, like Texas, is a deep south state. It is very conservative. Jeb Bush or any other Bush can win an election in Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama. Do you think Bush or any other ultra-conservative can contest in New York, Seattle, Massachusetts?  

I am still waiting for an example of an English man who won a seat in Scotland or a Scottish man who won an election in England. Please don't talk about Tony Blair again, he is an English man and his origins were/are easily traceable.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche:

Delusions of grandeur?

Name one other group has a proven track record. You can't. . . All we have to do is invoke the name of Biafra and Ojukwu and you people get chills down your spine.

What of millions of Igbo who are not interested in invoking the name of Biafra or Ojukwu. Those who are more interested in level playing field for all Nigerians? Are they all cowards too, just like Yorubas?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

In UK politics, politicians have to go to constituencies, sometimes different from where they live or were born, to contest. But the central theme to all these is that English politicians contest in English constituencies while Scottish politicians contest in scottish constituencies. You asked the question about Tony Blair so why don't you answer it. Why did Tony Blair, who was a third generation English man in scotland, not contest in Scotland and you will finally grasp the point that I am making. I never stated anything about people contesting where they were born or where they live. My point is that people contest in the same region as others like them.

Now you talk about Michael Howard whose dad was Romanian-Hungarian. The same Michael Howard whose father changed his Hungarian name, Hecht, to Howard after moving to England. So why did he change his name to an English name? Did he have a Wesh name or an English name? The fact is that many English people think Michael Howard is English. He even contested a seat in Liverpool twice but lost before contesting in folkestone and Hythe. The other fact is that it is easier for other nationalities to be accepted in England or Scotland as long as they act English or Scottish. Florida, like Texas, is a deep south state. It is very conservative. Jeb Bush or any other Bush can win an election in Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama. Do you think Bush or any other ultra-conservative can contest in New York, Seattle, Massachusetts? 

I am still waiting for an example of an English man who won a seat in Scotland or a Scottish man who won an election in England. Please don't talk about Tony Blair again, he is an English man and his origins were/are easily traceable.

lol you dey mind him ? hes even supporting your argument that region of origin matters all over the world, no matter how developed a country is let alone Nigeria pre independence.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2010
Tuyis:

What of millions of Igbo who are not interested in invoking the name of Biafra or Ojukwu. Those who are more interested in level playing field for all Nigerians? Are they all cowards too, just like Yorubas?

That's a lie. Ojukwu is the most revered man in Igboland. So where are these millions of Igbos? Have you ever been to Igboland?

And Biafra is always spoken of in Alaigbo.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche:

That's a lie. Ojukwu is the most revered man in Igboland. So where are these millions of Igbos? Have you ever been to Igboland?

And Biafra is always spoken of in Alaigbo.

Mind you, Igbos are not some alien tribe from a far away planet. They are my neigbours, friends and people I interact with everyday. I know for sure many of them are not suffering from this Biafra hangover!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by mrgbite(m): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
Awolowo is simply the best. the yoruba NATION will forever be grateful to this visioner who is primus inter pares. heck,this dude gave us TV before the irish and south africans,i have no energy to dissipate on the several shallow minded bigots who are not refined enough to ackowledge greatness.may i remind them that even ojukwu refeered to him as the best president nigeria never had? That he was not allowed to rule nigeria is simply Nigerias loss and nothing more. Awolowos impact clearly shows the extent the yoruba nation would nhave prospered had it not been bogged down with the silly contraption called NIGGER AREA.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by FACE(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

Now you talk about Michael Howard whose dad was Romanian-Hungarian. The same Michael Howard whose father changed his Hungarian name, Hecht, to Howard after moving to England. So why did he change his name to an English name? Did he have a Wesh name or an English name? The fact is that many English people think Michael Howard is English. He even contested a seat in Liverpool twice but lost before contesting in folkestone and Hythe. The other fact is that it is easier for other nationalities to be accepted in England or Scotland as long as they act English

I really don't like round abouts, but I will obige you just this once. George Galloway is a Scot and has represented English and Scottish constituencies at different times, but you keep shooting yourself on the foot. Your question was why should Zik contest in the western region and referenced UK. The same you also confirmed that you could contest elections in the UK outside your place of residence or birth. Do you now see that it doesn't make sense to reference UK in support of your position ?

Are you arguing about acceptability or what ? Should Zik have had some prejudice for himself or are you saying that the westerners' prejudice on him was justified ? So it would have been Ok for Zik to have changed his name to Olumide in order to hoodwink people to accept him. Michael Howard's dad change of name was for reasons best known to him, afterall that Umunna guy did not change his name and colour to win. There are 5 Igbo councilors in my local authority some of whom were born in Nigeria, did they change their names or color to win ? How about that Yoruba mayor in Ireland, why did he not go back to Nigeria if he wanted to be a politian ?

Look for another angle, because even you have confirmed that anyone is fre to fight elections wherever he chooses to in the UK.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
Tuyis:

Mind you, Igbos are not some alien tribe from a far away planet. They are my neigbours, friends and people I interact with everyday. I know for sure many of them are not suffering from this Biafra hangover!

Do you actually think an Igbo will bring Biafra up to a non-Igbo or Easterner? undecided

Even I do not bring it up with my Yoruba friends knowing their reaction! But when you get a bunch of Igbos together, it is the topic of discussion a lot of times and getting out of this contraption known as Nigeria.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by farochron(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche,

you are finished you want to face me in a trade of words then you have opened the canker worm. Your stupid Ojukwu that you are as naive as ran away when your lost war was going down the drain. He allowed many innocent Igbo men and women who knew nothing about his intrigues and selfish plot to get power die in the hands of the Nigerian Army. You think the souls of those innocent men and women will not be expecting him in hell. You come out here to tell me about war. What does an empty brain like you know about war. My grandfather went for the second world war and returned home to die of the numerous explosives he was exposed to fighting hitlers army. He was among the few Nigerians enlisted to fight there and you come here telling me about war. You are mad to say such. It is Seun that I blame. Where is your courage. You talk of Ojukwu when the Yorubas had Black scorpion called fajuyi during the Biafra war. Who even fought Ojukwu to a standstill, Just lowly rated military officers in the class of Adekunle Fajuyi and Obasanja. And you come here ranting like an epiletic goat.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Katsumoto: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2010
FACE:

I really don't like round abouts, but I will obige you just this once. George Galloway is a Scot and has represented English and Scottish constituencies at different times, but you keep shooting yourself on the foot. Your question was why should Zik contest in the western region and referenced UK. The same you also confirmed that you could contest elections in the UK outside your place of residence or birth. Do you now see that it doesn't make sense to reference UK in support of your position ?

Are you arguing about acceptability or what ? Should Zik have had some prejudice for himself or are you saying that the westerners' prejudice on him was justified ? So it would have been Ok for Zik to have changed his name to Olumide in order to hoodwink people to accept him. Michael Howard's dad change of name was for reasons best known to him, afterall that Umunna guy did not change his name and colour to win. There are 5 Igbo councilors in my local authority some of whom were born in Nigeria, did they change their names or color to win ? How about that Yoruba mayor in Ireland, why did he not go back to Nigeria if he wanted to be a politian ?

Look for another angle, because even you have confirmed that anyone is fre to fight elections wherever he chooses to in the UK.

You seem to have gotten this argument mixed up somewhere. Did Zik not contest and win a seat in the Western House of Assembly? This discussion was centred on whether he had the moral right to be the leader of the Western house. I only responded to the points that you made when you entered the debate. The fact remains that a few Easterners won elections in the West. Yoruba people have the right to decide who leads them Yorubaland. If they do not want an Igbo man to lead/represent them, you can not fault them for that. Afterall, a non-Easterner did not lead the East and a non-northerner did not lead in the North. Also, Zik used Igbo numbers and influence to replace Eyo Ita who was Efik.

Did any non-easterner win any seats in the East or did any non-northerner win seats in the North? That Yoruba people were liberal enough to allow non-westerners to contest and win elections in the West should not lead to tham accepting a non-westerner leading them. I am not going to repeat this point again. If you argue otherwide, then I beg you to please convince one of your non-igbo friiends to run as governor of your state and also convince your kinsmen to vote for him.

By the way, George Galloway won the seat in Bethnal Green and Bow, an area with a high concentration of Asians, after campaigning for palestinian rights and being against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan where anti-war sentiments were high in 2005. Little wonder he lost the election in 2010. Why did he not try his popularity in a predominanly english constituency in Surrey, Kent, or the west of England?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Dede1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Katsumoto

As much as Awolowo’s inconsequential vision should be appreciated by his Yoruba kinsmen, it is a stretch beyond any pale of comprehension to crown him a magician. Awolowo could not beautify Ibadan in five years (5) as the premier of western region of Nigeria talk less of transforming Lagos into a megacity.

Was he not the same Awolowo of western regional firm that Shell D’arcy requested money for crude oil exploration in Ondo and he pledged poverty? Yet few years down the line, he encouraged Yoruba sons and daughters to fight for crude oil in the name of One-Nigeria.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by swezenberg(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2010
Katsumoto,

Thumb Up. You have your head in the right place. Yorubas are the one I will blame. They have been too accommodating and liberal. They allow nonsense from some ungrateful set of people. Edos are in the west no wahala, edomas, Tivs calabars. Some losers will now come here out of jealousy and envy criticize other tribes. Why is it only the igbos that come here to criticize all others. How many Yorubas are councillors or chairmen in Igboland. Some idiots even came to Lagos the other day to clamour for Obi or Eze indigbo before they were put in their right place. I don't know how many Obas are in Igboland.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by EzeUche(m): 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2010
farochron:

EzeUche,

you are finished you want to face me in a trade of words then you have opened the canker worm. Your silly Ojukwu that you are as naive as ran away when your lost war was going down the drain. He allowed many innocent Igbo men and women who knew nothing about his intrigues and selfish plot to get power die in the hands of the Nigerian Army. You think the souls of those innocent men and women will not be expecting him in hell. You come out here to tell me about war. What does an empty brain like you know about war. My grandfather went for the second world war and returned home to die of the numerous explosives he was exposed to fighting hitlers army. He was among the few Nigerians enlisted to fight there and you come here telling me about war. You are mad to say such. It is Seun that I blame. Where is your courage. You talk of Ojukwu when the Yorubas had Black scorpion called fajuyi during the Biafra war. Who even fought Ojukwu to a standstill, Just lowly rated military officers in the class of Adekunle Fajuyi and Obasanja. And you come here ranting like an epiletic goat.

farochron,

How are you going to tell an Igbo about war? Since all our families had loved ones who fought on behalf of Biafra. 2 of my uncles lost their lives fighting for Biafra and my father is a war veteran.

He would tell my brothers and I how is comrades and him battled like true Biafran warriors as they repelled Nigerian attacks at Onitsha. On three occasions, Nigerian soldiers cross the River Niger to attempt a beach landing Onitsha banks of the River Niger. Each time Onitsha was successfully defended by soldiers like my father.

Lets talk about how 3,000 thousand lightly armed Biafran soldiers liberated the Midwest region in only 12 hours and how Lt. Col. David Ejoor ran like a chicken.

Lets talk about the battle of Abagana in which Col. Murtala Mohammed was HUMILIATED after brave Biafran soldiers  destroyed a 96-vehicle column of Nigerian soldiers.

Just don't forget Igbo soldiers killed over 500,000 Hausa and Yoruba soldiers while the weak Nigerian army only targeted women and children. Let us not forget that you all starved us, but in battle you all met your match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Tinubu May Lose Control Of APC In New Leadership Struggle / PDP Delegates From 21 LGAs Storm Maduka's Hometown To Show Solidarity / Poor Federal Constituency Project In Edo: Edo State Govt Intervenes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.